Muscle Cars with aftermarket wheels! (American cars thread)

kinigitt
no, I'm talking about mad max, the mel gibson flick. there was a dude in it called the night rider, and he was barreling down the highway in a very cool-looking black car (well, before it explodes anyway). I was just wondering what kind of car it was, since it's an australian movie.

I already knew the interceptor was a falcon, but thanks for the lovely pic. 👍

The Night Rider was a 1972 Holden HQ LS Monaro two door.

Max's yellow Police Interceptor sedan was a 1974 Ford Falcon XB sedan. Big Bopper was also an XB sedan, but with a 302 V8 instead of a 351. The March Hare was a 1972 Falcon XA sedan.

The black on black Interceptor (aka car bad-ass extordinare) was a 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT Coupe with a 351 V8.

Great website for Mad Max fans here.

I reall, REALLY, want a game that allows you to drive the black on black Interceptor in all it's glory, but I would like the game to be recent. PS1 graphics will just make in blurry to the point of unreconizability.

And that's one other thing I can think of: the lack of classic Austrailian cars. I want to drive a '73 Ford Falcon XB!

Reidier

Max's yellow Police Interceptor sedan was a 1974 Ford Falcon XB sedan. Big Bopper was also an XB sedan, but with a 302 V8 instead of a 351. The March Hare was a 1972 Falcon XA sedan.

The black on black Interceptor (aka car bad-ass extordinare) was a 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT Coupe with a 351 V8.

I reall, REALLY, want a game that allows you to drive the black on black Interceptor in all it's glory, but I would like the game to be recent. PS1 graphics will just make in blurry to the point of unreconizability.

And that's one other thing I can think of: the lack of classic Austrailian cars. I want to drive a '73 Ford Falcon XB!

Aussie living in the States?

Man, I wish there were aussie classics, too. They have US, Euro, and Japanese classics, but no aussies in GT.. Sucks.. No humble Torana. An XY would have been nice. The good old Ford vs Holden classics.. the Bathurst Beasts!..

I wish my Gem was in the game (at least it sold all around the world).. that came in a turbo in japan, and a twin cam too!. Theres a piazza, why not my gem? :(

Reidier

thank you for the info and the link! 👍

mad max is my favourite car movie. In fact, it's one of my favourite movies, period. the interceptor was my dream car growing up. :sly:

KaiZen
Aussie living in the States?

Man, I wish there were aussie classics, too. They have US, Euro, and Japanese classics, but no aussies in GT.. Sucks.. No humble Torana. An XY would have been nice. The good old Ford vs Holden classics.. the Bathurst Beasts!..

I wish my Gem was in the game (at least it sold all around the world).. that came in a turbo in japan, and a twin cam too!. Theres a piazza, why not my gem? :(

Heh, heh. No,I'm not Aussie. But I like certain cars from the "muscle period". Combine that with a strange fascination with right hand drive and classic Aussie muscle becomes higly prized.

Plus, I really like Mad Max and Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior. The black on black Interceptor is just one of those cars that is awesome through and through. It just oozes awesome from every pore. It looks badass, it's damn fast, and its name just sounds so intimidating: Interceptor. (Which really does bring to mind an image of something fast , seeing as how an iterceptor is meant to speed out ahead as quicly as possible to intercept oncoming threats)

Also, at that website way back in January 2004 they put up a replica of the Interceptor that was used at a reunion for sale. It was built to Road Warrior movie spec and dubbed "The Last V8 II". They were selling it for $25,000 U.S.! (Damn! I wish I had had that much at the time). however it was reported on Dec. 1 2004 that it was sold.

However, from what I gather, there's still a Big Bopper replica for sale for $10,000 U.s., $15,000 AUD.

z06camaro
Not to stray off topic, but mplacki your sig is SO TRUE!!! :bowdown: :cheers:

LOL, thanks. It's not something I came up with though, I heard it from somebody else. :)

Thanks for the GTO pics, Tangoman! Awesome. :drool:

Liquid Li0n
That car is nice man and indeed about those australian cars--> No problem for me they put a lot of holden's in it

I wish they at least put the current v8supercars.. it don't make sense that they only have the road going versions..

XVII
toyota-ist-1.5s-02.jpg

toyota-bb-1.5z-x-version-00.jpg

are these muscle? :dunce:

sure wouldnt want to race either one :nervous:

ChristmasGTO
In the US they are the Standard GTO wheels, I think the only differance is the Pontiac Symbol in the Centercap. Can you somehow post some screens of the Wheel of the day screen? I really want to see what it looks like :)

But your right about the Manaro sharing the same line with the GTO, Both are kick a** cars though :) in 2007 there's a rumor that its going to be sharing the same line with the Camaro. So if that is indeed true we could be seeing some retro GTO's in 2007ish. mmmmmmhmmm

Being one for details, actually the wheels are borrowed from the Holden commodore S (kinda V6 version of the SS) as they are 17 inch not 18s :).

fporto_br
I'm a bit more open minded so, yes, I love american cars (muscle cars, pony cars) as well as euro cars. But, if you posted these images of the Pontiac GTO because it's an american car, you made a little mistake. It uses the Pontiac badge, but everyone knows it's the US version of the Holden Monaro, which is, in reality, a coupe based on the Commodore sedan, the australian version of the Opel Omega. I think Pontiac should've created a completely new model with a completely american heritage instead of using an already known platform from another continent. But it's a great car.

agh cough, gag. Very much correct but hte Holden Commodore & its deviants are the one model that holden has that is completely australian. Its platform is australian, & its designed & built in australia. Dont know where you got that info but its in no way based on the omega. In fact in near future GM's 'global plan' includes large sedan models in hte Saab, & Opel linup based on the Commodore.

Absolutley fabulous....this thread is whats keeping me alive...thanks alot to all the image uploaders, we ALL appreciate it (me a little more ;) )...but keep em coming until its out!

TANGO, the problem is all those cars are stock. Seeing the massive improvement the racing exhaust had on the Mitsu Evo, I wondered if it would be the same for the muscle cars.

Is that all the muscle cars? There has to be a few more we haven't seen photos of.

If not let's get pictures of newer American cars, or me personally would like to see some of the Mopar cars in Plum Crazy Purple.

Back