NASCAR Road Racing + Plymouth XNR (Sunday Classic Racing) Pimiki Double Champion!!!Finished 

Do you have any of these cars? Information check for future race series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I noticed last night that I had a settings tab labelled as "Indy Road".
I can't remember why I have that, or where I got the tune from but I could look at it today & pass the numbers on.

Edit:
Here are 4 tunes

The one I have applied is this one by @SW__10. His tunes are amazing for TT's, it will just be a question of whether you can use it with tyre wear etc. for the duration of the races.
Also, the TT these were created for was at the Indy Road Course so there was a substantial section of oval involved. They may not be ideally suited to all circuits.
Here's another one. Created for @Famine's Yorkshire gamer thing, which is well worth a read if you're interested in GT6.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/2013-chevrolet-ss-nascar-stock-car-street.644/

^ good to see a bit of tyre smoke.

For immersion I'd like to race using the interior view in the FGT, but (since it's not a real car) why on earth didn't they move the mirrors further forward so that you could see what's behind and around the car!? You still have to keep pressing buttons to look backwards and sidewards. I find that so distracting. So I usually end up back with the "bonnet" view. And could we please have a mirror for the bonnet view in GT7 PD (and the return of the zoom-able map). Here's hoping.

I tried the FGT at Indy Road earlier & at certain speeds I couldn't touch the controls without spinning out. With the tune I normally use on that car, I'm ok. Stock, I had problems. I ran a few laps to practice, though admittedly not enough yet. I'm consider getting the DFGT out for a try. The d-pad might have been my downfall. It all depends how much free time I get.
I have a job workwise that I need to be there for but I don't know yet if we will be able to start that on Sunday or Monday. I probably won't know until Saturday night. If it's possible to start that on Sunday I'll have to miss the races.

A few shots from the test session.

ab2tmb.jpg

wlx9vp.jpg

w851xu.jpg

33fchs6.jpg

Great shots IfAndOr.

Thanks for the Tune S Bridge - hopefully be able to try those out today. I would use the multi-quote facility if I was a technical wizard like IfAndOr - so apologies for that - I think he has tried to teach me, like he has about clubs, but unfortunately it goes into one earhorn and out the other!

The FGT should be ok to drive on the SH front tyre and SM rear tyre combination - you will find it's impossible to drive if you swap those tyres round. In GT5 downforce was related to PP so it was possible to set a limit for the FGT which required minimum downforce. IN GT5 the FGT was a dream to drive on comfort soft tyres, with minimum downforce and at 50% engine power - hopefully for GT7 downforce is linked to PP again as it also prevents some cars from being matched competitively with others.

At Bergele's suggestion we did some pace car testing last night. We discovered that the new BMW Safety car cannot be used in a tuning prohibited room because the light bar accessory counts as tuning. We will therefore be using the 4WD Niassan Skyline pace car. Thanks to all who took part in the test and especially Bergele. (Photo by IfAndOr).

deep-forest-raceway_71-jpg.405992

My thoughts on the test session on Sunday:- sorry long post

As I’m one of the less skilled drivers I was a bit nervous about this series. I’ve never won the NASCAR events offline and I know the FGT can be a powerful handful. It didn’t help that I hadn’t practiced at all this week, just bought the cars and set the colours etc.

I was even more nervous once I tried the Plymouth, I put the ballast in and placed it at the rear of the car to almost give it a 50:50 weight distribution. I then set about spinning and pirouetting around the track. Just before the first race started, I tried shifting the weight to the front. It’s a bit heavy on the breaks which meant I bumped into the back of someone (sorry) but I stopped spinning so much. Maybe with a bit more tuning I can get a good balance. Both races were fun and I was impressed with how good the car looks, I’d always dismissed it as ugly, but the racing cover makes all the difference.

NASCAR on street tyres was tricky but I felt it drove ok. I was a bit slow at the start and made a couple of mistakes which is nothing new. For the second NASCAR race, I was on pole (got to love a reverse grid) I tried to get a quicker start and promptly spun taking out most of the grid. “Restart?” was asked by several, including myself feeling rather guilty, with Flaco replying “Why?” Presumably, half way around the lap and cruising.

For the FGT races we started with a parade lap. Possibly for good photo’s, probably to stop me taking everyone out again!

As already said by others the FGT drives brilliantly with the SH, SM tyre combination. Obviously, I need more practice but I’m really looking forward to the races!

It was also great to see some new drivers and older ones returning. It’ll be good to have a fuller grid as the cars in all 3 races look great and unique. I’m hoping to take some pictures too.

Nice post Tony!

I've made a suggestion for a track which would be great for classic racing, but which some of you may not be familiar with - Longford in Tasmania which closed in 1968. Click on the link for more information and if you like what you see, please click like on the suggestion.

I'm hoping that we get some classic tracks in GT7 which are only safe to race on in a game and hoping that the new partnership with the FIA opens up their archive of dangerous old tracks like Longford, Crystal Palace or Greenwood Roadway rather than giving us the modern, sterile, boring, six lane wide tilke F1 style tracks.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/longford-circuit-tasmania.331401/

Last edited:
@Sick Cylinder It's funny because I'm not a huge fan of NASCAR, but you make this series look so interesting as well as everyone else that is entered in it and talking about it! Hope I was able to come in time to get the last spot because if so, SIGN ME UP! Really looking to take some pressure off of running a series and race in someone else's.

Welcome on board Manasseh! Have a look at the list of names and cars near the start of page one then Pick a colour for your XNR Plymouth, pick a Nascar (the ones which are not underlined are available) and pick a Formula GT (the ones which are not in bold are available - then let me know your choices asap.

Welcome on board Manasseh! Have a look at the list of names and cars near the start of page one then Pick a colour for your XNR Plymouth, pick a Nascar (the ones which are not underlined are available) and pick a Formula GT (the ones which are not in bold are available - then let me know your choices asap.

My Choices

Plymouth XNR - Mark IV Red

NASCAR - Denny Hamlin 11 Camry Toyota 2013

FGT - Silver and Black Stripe

My Choices

Plymouth XNR - Mark IV Red

NASCAR - Denny Hamlin 11 Camry Toyota 2013

FGT - Silver and Black Stripe

Thanks Manasseh - I've updated the car and colour list on page one of this thread.

It would be helpful if everyone could look at the list on page one and check that I have recorded their details correctly. I have blank spaces against a few names - I did start going through the replay's of last Sunday's races to get the missing colour information that way, but soon gave up as it was very confusing / time consuming.

11. Mallet JR (S Bridge) - GT Japanese 009-W

31. Joey Logano 20 Camry Toyota 2010 - Mallet JR (S Bridge)

15. Black - Mallet JR (S Bridge)

It would be helpful if everyone could look at the list on page one and check that I have recorded their details correctly.

You have all of mine correctly noted. People seem always to refer to me just as "Mallet". However you prefer to name me, for clarity or such like, is fine by me. S_Bridge is my GTP name & across 2 different PS3's I have the PSN names "M_Mallet_Jr" & "St_Bridge44". We're all the same person & none of those names are my real one. They're based on B-Spec drivers' names I had in GT5. On a different PS3 to the 2 I currently use.
:cheers:

I think that I have that Nascar, doesn't bother me though, we could combine our points for a sure victory in the end! ;-)

Dang my fault. It wasn't underlined so I thought it was available. I can switch if you want me to it's no hassle. I just gotta get some cash first lol

Thanks Manasseh - I've updated the car and colour list on page one of this thread.

It would be helpful if everyone could look at the list on page one and check that I have recorded their details correctly. I have blank spaces against a few names - I did start going through the replay's of last Sunday's races to get the missing colour information that way, but soon gave up as it was very confusing / time consuming.
Malham white is the Plymouth,
White green and red I think the fgt is,
And -13 Hamlin Camry!

People seem always to refer to me just as "Mallet". However you prefer to name me, for clarity or such like, is fine by me. S_Bridge is my GTP name & across 2 different PS3's I have the PSN names "M_Mallet_Jr" & "St_Bridge44". We're all the same person & none of those names are my real one. They're based on B-Spec drivers' names I had in GT5. On a different PS3 to the 2 I currently use.
:cheers:
Well that explains it. :)

I've always wondered why you were a man of many aliases.

My details are correct 👍

Dang my fault. It wasn't underlined so I thought it was available. I can switch if you want me to it's no hassle. I just gotta get some cash first lol

The Nascars are quite cheap and there are lots of them so if possible please change. The Formula GT's are expensive are expensive so if drivers have a duplicate of those don't worry unless you have pleny of credits and don't mind changing.

Please note I've reserved the three remaining Fords for GVilleneuve13 so don't pick one of those (unless your name is GVillenue13).

I don't know how to do the clever multi-quote thing so I'll add some names on here so they get to read this post:

@TonyLomas @JockeP22 @IfAndOr

I'll probably be doing some practice around 3 if anyone's around since I haven't raced since that test session.

I'd also like to change my XNR's colour to Laser Blue (Metallic) and you've put me down for the #11 Toyota 2011 model but I'm using the 2010 model (Orange n Black livery)

I'm really looking forward to this season, enjoyed the racing in the test and spectating the final race of the last season looked fun!

Back