NASCAR Truck Series S5 - Spurgy, Pepsi Racing Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,397 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
GTPTRUCKSMAINARTWORKcopy_zps882536cb.gif

Welcome to Season 5 of the NASCAR Truck Series! In Season 4 we broke new ground - 16 drivers started the season finale at Indianapolis as a six way championship fight was resolved in favour of Akmuq - now we return for 2013 looking for another classic season of oval action!

Season 4 - Akmuq Champion! Pepsi Racing Team Champions!
Season 3 - DrifterJoe Champion!
Season 2 - Droptop2001gt Champion!
Season 1 - Droptop2001gt Champion!

GTPTRUCKSROOMSPECcopy_zpscb75d6f1.gif

~NASCAR Truck Series Season 4 will run 7pm to 10pm Friday evenings BST. The races will all start at approximately 8pm GMT.~

~The permitted truck is the CHEVROLET SILVERADO SS. All upgrade are to be installed but it MUST have a SEMI RACING exhaust installed.

~Events are hosted in a public lobby hosted by me, Furinkazen - You must have me as a friend or you risk being kicked on entry!~

~Power is restricted to 750 horsepower for Daytona Road Course, Indianapolis, and Motegi races using the Engine's Power Limiter function, and 650 horsepower for SSRX and Daytona Superspeedway~

~Only Racing Hard tires will be permitted. No other tire compounds of any kind may be used, harder or softer~

~ABS can be set to either 0 or 1~

~All other driving aids (Active Steering, ASM, TCS, SRF, Driving Line) will be disabled on the race setup menu~

~Mechanical Damage is ON, but limited to LIGHT damage~

~Fuel Consumption and Tire Wear is ON and set to NORMAL~

~Grip Reduction is set to REAL~

~Slipstream is set to WEAK, and will be disabled in qualifying~

~Boost is OFF~

~Visual Damage is OFF~

~Microphones will be set to ON, unless it is determined that they cause too many connection/stability issues~

~RACE CLEAN - It's OK (and expected) to let off of the gas (or even brake) so you don't run over someone in a turn. This is especially true at Daytona and SS Route X, where drafting can cause lots of issues with people being run over in corners. Bumpdrafting is LEGAL, brake-checking is NOT. Dirty drivers will not be permitted to return to later events.~

~While cornering, the two outside tires must remain completely on the tarmac/concrete/pavement at all times. Rumble strips are NOT considered part of the tarmac/concrete/pavement. Anyone that is caught cutting corners can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrence, at the discretion of the league host (Furinkazen)~

Last edited:
GTPTRUCKSRACEPROCEDUREcopy_zps4cca1972.gif

~Qualifying is held at 7.45pm GMT, with race start at 8pm. At 8pm I will call out that quali is over by switching collisions (and draft on). The field must then form up outside pit road in qualifying order. Race will then be started.~

~1 pace lap is run pre-race + the race distance and extra Green White Checkered laps (see Green-White-Chequered for ore details), at a pre-defined pace speed. Check Race Information for details on pace speed.~

~The field will form up in two by two formation when I call them to start forming up. First place has choice of which lane he starts in.

~Coming to the green flag, the field may go whenever the leader begins to accelerate and put the power down. He may do this any time from pit lane start to starting stripe. SSRX is an exception as we go by the large green metre boards above the track~

~If a driver is badly lagging he may be advised by me to drop back to avoid possibly wrecking himself in others. If a driver is lagging exceptionally bad back and forth then he may be ordered to park his car~

~Starting and parking will not be frequently tolerated. If you only intended to run a few laps and you kept out someone who would have run the whole race then you may have your full time starting spot rescinded.~

GTPTRUCKSCAUTIONScopy_zps4267e46f.gif

~Cautions may be called to neutralise the field in the event of a major incident. When the caution is called out (by me on mic) the field races back to the line and from then on drives single file at pace speed in the order they crossed the line in~

~As soon as a caution is called (by me), Pit Lane is shut. Cars entering pit lane will be made to pit again on the restart as a penalty~

~Cautions will be triggered by major incidents. A one or two car spin will not bring out a caution. Generally 3 or more have to be involved and wrecked heavily to bring the yellow out - it won't be bought out if 4 trucks hit the wall in the final turn at Indy for example~

~Exceptional circumstances may lead to a caution being called on occasion, such as one car stationary in the middle of the track~

~If you end up wrecking under yellow, you get back in line at the position you were after you wrecked. So if under yellow you spin out and drop from 4th to 8th, you have to stay 8th~

~At SSRX cautions will be called based on sectors - so when it is called we will race back to the next green metre marker and restart on a called out metre marker.~

~When drivers form up for the restart, those wishing to pit may form a single car line below the apron of the track and pit. They cannot pass the leader before pit entry however.~

~If a driver runs out of fuel under yellow they cannot pit, they have to tour around and can only pit when the race goes green.~

~Coming to the green, you cannot pass anyone in your lane. If say the outside lane was slow going, and the inside lane was quicker to get away and you pass people who were on the outside as a result, no penalties shall be given.~

GTPTRUCKSGWCcopy_zps8c13ba61.gif

~A new element to NASCAR Trucks is the Green White Checker. Prior to a race it will be made clear when the end of the race will be. For example I will use the 100 laps of Daytona as an example.~

~Race would normally end on Lap 101 in-game (due to pace lap), but if there is a wreck before the leader reaches the start of Lap 101, we go under caution and continue on.

~When the race restarts (say green flag to start on Lap 104) there will be 2 laps remaining. If the leader takes the white flag (Lap 105 in this case) then that will be final lap (this will be made clear over mic at the time), If there is a caution called before then, we will try again with more caution laps and another attempt at a re-start. There may be up to 3 attempts at a G-W-C finish.~

~The GWC ensure we will have always have at least two racing laps at the end of the race. For example: Caution thrown on lap 97, laps 98 and 99 are under yellow, so Lap 100 and 101 will be GWC attempt 1.~

~GWC's will not apply at SSRX. At SSRX no yellows will be called after Trucks enter the backstretch tunnel on the last lap~

~All other normal caution procedures regarding formation and pitting still apply during a GWC caution period.~

Last edited:
GTPTRUCKSSCHEDULEINFOcopy_zps7acf223a.gif

NC: Daytona Trucks Shootout @ Daytona (40 laps) (JANUARY 4th)
WINNER - Smuffy (Mobil 1 Racing)
Official Race Preview
Race Highlight Videos!

01: NextEra Energy Resources 250 @ Daytona (100 laps) (JANUARY 11th)
WINNER - JoeOfTheFire (Mobil 1 Racing)
Official Race Preview

02: Aarons 200k @ Motegi (83 laps) (JANUARY 25th)
WINNER - RedPartyHat (Pepsi Racing)
Official Preview

03: Coca Cola 200k @ SS Route X (7 laps) (FEBRUARY 1st)
WINNER - Spurgy (Pepsi Racing)
Official Race Preview

04: LUCAS Oil 200 @ Indianapolis (80 laps) (FEBRUARY 8th)
WINNER - Carbonox (Pepsi Racing)
Official Race Preview

05: Camping World 100 @ Motegi Superspeedway (65 Laps) (FEBRUARY 15th)
WINNER - Spurgy (Pepsi Racing)
Official Race Preview

06: PDI Line 300k @ SSRX (10 laps) (FEBRUARY 22nd)
WINNER - RedPartyHat (Pepsi Racing)
Official Race Preview

07: Chevrolet Silverado SS 200 @ Daytona Superspeedway (80 laps) (MARCH 1st)
Official Race Preview

08: NASCAR Japan 150 @ Motegi Superspeedway (100 laps) (MARCH 29th)

09: Brickyard 150 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (60 laps) (April 5th)

GTPTRUCKSSTANDINGScopy_zps9442ec75.gif

FINAL1_zps5e51dd7b.gif

FINAL2_zps6b99422a.gif

We are using the following points system for this season. All 9 races count for points with NO dropped score.

1st place - 20 points
2nd place - 18 points
3rd place - 16 points
4th place - 14 points
5th place - 12 points
6th place - 11 points
7th place - 10 points
8th place - 9 points
9th place - 8 points
10th place - 7 points
11th place - 6 points
12th place - 5 points
13th place - 4 points
14th place - 3 points
15th place - 2 points
16th place - 1 point

Last edited:
All set :) January 4th we kick off. :gtpflag: Hope the longer more detailed GWC and Caution sections make things clear.

james6653
I'm the first of everyone else.

No one cares.
And erm yeh, great thread and stuff, only wanted to post so I'm subscribed, didn't actually have much to say :P

Furinkazen
Back on topic gents please.

Would it be on topic if I said no? :sly: and sorry JB but he was asking for it :lol:
Oh and I'm #77, seems to have gone missing from the list somewhere along the line :)

Will update it. Any questions on the yellows and GWC's? I know we needed more explanation so I tried to give it that.

What about committing to pitting (slowing down), the caution comes out but it's too late to swerve away?

That would be judged at the time of the incident there and then.

With the rules on yellows and GWC's I have tried to clarify them best I can. Took a while to write all that up :dopey:

SSRX pole is worth more than the entire season for me. It is the season.

I'm just gonna stay realistic and aim for the title, SSRX pole would be too tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back