Need For Speed Payback Trailer Revealed, Releases November 10

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 127 comments
Graphics are no doubt amazing. That Huayra BC :drool:
Untitled.png

I'm excited, but not "You can take £80 now!" excited. :boggled:

The Deluxe edition bonuses in this release are certainly more tempting than they were in NFS 2015, I'll give them that.

Okay, here are all the cars I could spot:
- Nissan 350Z
- Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
- BMW M5 2018
- Chevrolet Bel Air
- Ford Mustang RTR Gen 6
- Koenigsegg Regera
- Nissan Fairlady 240Z
- Lamborghini Aventador
- Porsche Panamera Turbo
- Ford Mustang '65
- Ford F150 SVT Raptor
- VW Golf R
Also, game looks awesome. And this story isn't unusual for NFS, just look at MW2005 and The Run.

Just like what @Moglet said, could be a couple extra missions.

I'm 99% certain of this, knowing the games industry pretty well I know that console manufacturers likely wouldn't allow an entire story mode to only be available as DLC.

Guys have a look on their pre order site.

https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback/buy

They can't be serious on making us have to buy the deluxe edition just to get the story.

No, I'm pretty sure that's not what that means. Basically you are buying extra story-related missions.

But here's something that concerns me based on the link you posted: "EXCLUSIVE NOS COLOR" --- I assume that's the nitrous oxide brand "NOS" and so I would also assume that means it's a special blue color. But granting us a special color would seem to indicate that you can't just create whatever color you want using a color wheel or color spectrum slider. Could colors only be "selected" this time around? That would be a big step in the wrong direction IMO.

Something I only just noticed:
  • One person/organisation is pulling the strings
  • You're putting together a crew to take them down for something that happened in the past
  • Said past event likely involves money, a damaged reputation and a major female character
  • It's apparently set in a valley, so there's probably hills around it that'll be raced in
  • The setting, or at least parts of it, seems reminiscent of the Las Vegas area
  • Customisation is apparently better and more in-depth than ever
I knew this whole thing sounded familiar: I played a game just like this 10 years ago!

No, I'm pretty sure that's not what that means. Basically you are buying extra story-related missions.
But here's something that concerns me based on the link you posted: "EXCLUSIVE NOS COLOR" --- I assume that's the nitrous oxide brand "NOS" and so I would also assume that means it's a special blue color. But granting us a special color would seem to indicate that you can't just create whatever color you want using a color wheel or color spectrum slider. Could colors only be "selected" this time around? That would be a big step in the wrong direction IMO.
@Moglet already mentioned that.

I'm pretty sure the NOS color is NOS purge.

I do share his concern about the NOS colour issue though, it sounds like they're offering a restricted range of colours unless they're planning on a special gold version with an entirely different shader or something.

So, the different car build modes remind me of Prostreet. The modes are basically self-explanatory except for "Runner." I have a feeling that's going to take the place of "Speed" builds from Prostreet - built for the highway with fastest top speeds possible.

I just hope they allow us to build the same car into different modes - basically different "tuning profiles" but using the same car. For example, I might buy a 350Z and build it into a race car, but also have a drift profile, etc..

I do share his concern about the NOS colour issue though, it sounds like they're offering a restricted range of colours unless they're planning on a special gold version with an entirely different shader or something.
I'm leaning towards the special colors option. There's no way that you can be restricted in choosing the common paints.

But other than that, I'm concerned with the appearance of the Regera and Huayra. @CleanCut's fav car based from his avatar.

• You're putting together a crew to take them down for something that happened in the past
  • Said past event likely involves money, a damaged reputation and a major female character
  • It's apparently set in a valley, so there's probably hills around it that'll be raced in
I knew this whole thing sounded familiar: I played a game just like this 10 years ago!

Im trying to figure out this game... but i can't quite figure it out. :confused:

Sorry, but posts are happening so fast I'll be typing when someone else has already posted.

Okay, yeah, if they are talking about nitrous purge, that would totally make sense. Good call, I hope you're right!

Okay, here are all the cars I could spot:
- Nissan 350Z
- Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
- BMW M5 2018
- Chevrolet Bel Air
- Ford Mustang RTR Gen 6
- Koenigsegg Regera
- Nissan Fairlady 240Z
- Lamborghini Aventador
- Porsche Panamera Turbo
- Ford Mustang '65
- Ford F150 SVT Raptor
- VW Golf R
Adding on to this:
- Dodge Challenger (Hellcat?)
- E46 M3
Edit: Can't believe I missed the Huayra :lol:

Well to those who said this looks like F&F, this ain't NFS. Now they know how I felt when they went from classic games to Underground.
Besides, the so called F&F feel... they did that before with Underground, cashing in on what was popular.
It's not a HP like NFS but it's a bit different for the series, at least proper super cars are back so that's a plus.
Should be fun, just hope the map is big enough and have a nice highway system.

I'm leaning towards the special colors option. There's no way that you can be restricted in choosing the common paints.

But other than that, I'm concerned with the appearance of the Regera and Huayra. @CleanCut's fav car based from his avatar.

Nope, actually my favorite car currently is the Huracan. I just picked the Regera because it was a nice clean look for an avatar and was handy at the time.

But what do you mean by "concerned?" Are you disappointed that supercars are in? I'm thrilled that there seem to be all different kinds of cars, not just tuners, or exotics, but a mix - even classics!

Ok... Let me say this:

If the game has good, arcade physics that don't require you to have auto-countersteer on and the only way to get around corners is to slide the car and it feels like the steering wheel is connected to the front wheels, there's no BS microtransactions, and if the story missions are optional... Then this will be a very good NFS. Otherwise...

Ok... Let me say this:

If the game has good, arcade physics that don't require you to have auto-countersteer on and the only way to get around corners is to slide the car and it feels like the steering wheel is connected to the front wheels, there's no BS microtransactions, and if the story missions are optional... Then this will be a very good NFS. Otherwise...
So far it looks like completely story-based game.

Nope, actually my favorite car currently is the Huracan. I just picked the Regera because it was a nice clean look for an avatar and was handy at the time.

But what do you mean by "concerned?" Are you disappointed that supercars are in? I'm thrilled that there seem to be all different kinds of cars, not just tuners, or exotics, but a mix - even classics!
I know it's good to have different kinds of cars but with the Regera and Huayra BC being in the game, I'm worried on the hypercars they'll be adding. Next thing you know they might be adding the Chiron to the mix thus making multiplayer a bit difficult. Unless they add in car restrictions for online races, then I'm worried that the public lobby might be filled with hypercars.

Oh look, it's another edgy revenge driven story with cars, is not like we didn't play this for the last 20 years.

Not gonna make a judgment before playing the game, I thought The Crew would be garbage when seeing the reveal, but all in all I had a good a time when I got to play the game, so it may be the same here, there might be a fun game behind this layer of edgyness. However this image they're trying to sell is just so corny.

From what the facebook comments are saying...
This game is just a rip off of the Fast and Furious game with better "Graphics"
Lot of people are not happy about it.
Some say it's mixed and others are saying that it's Fast and furious combined with the run.

Looks like there's going to be micro transactions of some sort. Who knows what you'll get from them but, From the pre order page:

"Stand out from the crowd with exclusive customization items and receive in-game discounts, Rep bonuses, and five shipments to get your adventure started".

Frankly, Need for Speed has the same problem that Tony Hawk had. The fact that the series has gone on for so long with nearly yearly iterations (Though NFS has the added weight of going on for probably about a decade longer then TH) means that there's always going to be people being entrenched into different camps. Some want classic style gameplay with no story, some want tuneable cars and customization. And Ghost has to play a constant tug of war with trying to placate all sides.

It doesn't help that with the utter collapse of the second party developer, and subsequently the collapse of the arcade racing market and indie games not really picking up the slack (probably due to licensing rights) it means everyone funnels into the same game, most of the time, being NFS.

For what it's worth, I'm interested. However, my interest is tempered by the fact that no NFS game since probably HP2010 I have liked in any capacity other then The Run and SHIFT 2, but the last one is tenable at best. Ghost had an unmitigated disaster with regards to NFS 2015, and I want to see major improvements.

Platinum car pack

• Chevrolet Camaro SS 1967
• Dodge Charger R/T 1969
• Ford F-150 Raptor 2016
• Nissan 350Z 2008
• Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport 2016
• Exclusive Platinum Blue Tire Smoke

High Roller Pack:

• Up to 3 days of early access
• Upcoming Story Mission Pack
• Exclusive Deluxe Edition NOS color (Can be applied to 5 cars)
• Exclusive Deluxe Edition License Plate
• Exclusive Deluxe Edition Leaderboard icon
• 5 Shipments
• 5% Rep Bonus
• 10% Discount on in-game purchases

The Can be applied to 5 cars is a bit uneasy.
Meaning the same as NFS 2015 as before. 5 cars only?

Online is optional but does require PS+

Back