Need For Speed Payback Trailer Revealed, Releases November 10

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 127 comments
Anybody wanna guess what car is this in the 0:52 mark of the trailer?
.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGIACFhC3IUjQnLYEavy43O733lc941KbOkT63AD2cxYeu57CI7eqG3O7au7n1IVvyCK5HHclmWARfQwmenR-WR0aC4szNqWQQvArBozRwEMf4pd0p6Z-fwdqIuQ.JHxC0yWQL4t5UdR7GJx48rR8rOw

I gotta see more before I make a decision to buy it. The last need for speed game I was interested in was need for speed most wanted in 2012. I bought that for the Ps Vita. Just don't put a limit on the customization. I swear racing games nowadays except for maybe Forza don't give you a whole lot to work with. I l look at need for speed most wanted (2005) and midnight dub 3 edition and la remix and you could do so much with your cars on those games.

Last edited:
And this game looks nothing like the one before it. No surprise there.

Wasn't NFS 2015 supposed to be a reboot for the series? Yes, that game definitely had problems, but why throw the baby out with the bath water and abandon it instead of expanding upon its concept and fixing the issues with that game? There was so much room for improvement.

This is the problem I have with NFS. It doesn't know what it wants to be. After Hot Pursuit 2, things stopped being consistent. We've gone from being about escaping cops in supercars to customization and street culture to professional race car driving and back again. This is exactly why this series' fanbase is so split up and demands different things. I don't mind the action packed style that Payback has; it was done before with The Run. I just want NFS to stop having an identity crisis and find its audience.

I can't get excited because I don't know what to expect from this game. Not to mention, there's still the very important issue regarding the physics.

I'll give them credit for at least not doing live action cutscenes again.

Last edited:
This will be a no for me. I just can't do EA games anymore in general. Their base games are okay, but then they just have to add the layer of cinematics, pre-announced exclusive editions of the game, and microtransactions. Come on, now. I want to buy a game - A COMPLETE ONE - spend lots of time playing it, and win it. I don't want to have to buy the deluxe edition, spend $2.99 on a booster so I can unlock something, play through the ENTIRE game and still have to buy certain parts of it.

(sorry, not sorry.)

The moment I saw a hypercar I thought to myself "pass, maybe next time".
This is just a clear money grabbing attempt by EA of the sucess made by the FnF recent movies.

The fast and the furious. Anybody how likes this kind of thing... guess you've found heaven here. I have to say the trailer looks impressive. For an action game. A racing game? Not so much. But as i said... for those who like this... fine.

Me and myself however... i don't like this idea, i haven't played NFS in ten years, i didn't like The Crew either and i will stay away from this game as far as possible.

Really super reserved on the trailer and have very, very low expectations following the let down of NFS15. If there's a closed beta on consoles, I'd probably sign up to try it.

Yeah on the whole this doesn't really excite me too much, The NFS 2015 formula even with its wonky handling worked and it worked well so why on gods own green earth would they basically abandon it and turn it into who looks like a clone of The Crew.

(albeit not a bad game by any means) but severely lacking in lots of areas and downright shady in others (Looking at you microtransactions that belong in a FTP game not a retail release, Maybe EA will surprise us but judging by the version differences I mean even something simple like custom licence plates costing more, Pfft I think I'll pass.

car list few people and me did. from trailer, screens, details...
Nissan
-240Z
-350Z
-R34
Ford
-Mustang GT '65
-Mustang GT '15
-F-150 SVT Raptor
Dodge
-Charger SRT8
-Charger R/T '67
-Challenger SRT8
Chevy
-Camaro SS '67
-C7
-Bel Air
-C10 '66
Porsche Panamera Turbo
BMW
-M3 e46
-M4
-M5 '17
-X6M
Audi TTS (not sure, might be S4)
Pagani Huayra BC
Subaru BRZ
VW Golf GTI Clubsport

Also from tuning, aside from new drag and raid classes theres headlight and taillight tints, smoke colours and NOS colours

Game looks great...Impressive visuals and all. 👍

Lets hope, there's no girls in bikinis...hideous music...like an F&F rip off as disastrous the series is.

This screams F&F with the NFS name slapped on. But I guess if the movies are making billions, why not try to feed off that success?

I miss the old NFS games. I just want a remake of this:

250px-NFSHP2_PC.jpg

But maybe with some newer cars and a few new locations...

Isn't HP 2010 enough for you to warrant a good HP1/2 remake? :rolleyes::confused:

car list few people and me did. from trailer, screens, details...
Nissan
-240Z
-350Z
-R34
Ford
-Mustang GT '65
-Mustang GT '15
-F-150 SVT Raptor
Dodge
-Charger SRT8
-Charger R/T '67
-Challenger SRT8
Chevy
-Camaro SS '67
-C7
-Bel Air
-C10 '66
Porsche Panamera Turbo
BMW
-M3 e46
-M4
-M5 '17
-X6M
Audi TTS (not sure, might be S4)
Pagani Huayra BC
Subaru BRZ
VW Golf GTI Clubsport

Also from tuning, aside from new drag and raid classes theres headlight and taillight tints, smoke colours and NOS colours

Also Lamborghini Aventador, and the "Bel Air" is a 1955 model to be specific

Also there was an old Chevy pickup, looks like a '65(?) in the trailer but unknown if it's a drivable vehicle.

Last edited:
If some of the people are disappointed in the general theme of the game, then so be it. That's understandable.

But to say it's trash (or going to be trash) or that it's a step backwards for the franchise... damn, at least let E3 and a gameplay trailer get here first :lol:

^^^ Agreed.

I like what they are showing, but honestly it seems a little ambitious given their last game. I'm afraid that it'll be mediocre in a lot of different aspects rather than really good with a more narrow scope of gameplay.

I think people would be more confident if it looked more like 2015, but promising enhancements to all of the existing features already there, especially with the physics. This, on the other hand, feels like a completely different direction - hence the worry.

Then you, as always, have fans of the old school NFS games crying about it not being like Hot Pursuit or whatever, which was WAY too shallow of gameplay for my liking.

^^^ Agreed.

I like what they are showing, but honestly it seems a little ambitious given their last game. I'm afraid that it'll be mediocre in a lot of different aspects rather than really good with a more narrow scope of gameplay.
The complaints with NFS 2015 revolved mostly around technical issues such as glitches and physics, along with some missing features here and there.

They had something good going. I tend to be open minded so I welcome this but I kindaaaa wish they would have stuck with the underground vibe.

Last edited:
Regardless if its arcade racer, physics still need to be changed for this next iteration. This last one was a pile of crap concerning the actual driving. Fixing that aspect of the game will do so much for them.

Agree with you on that tho!

Back