Netflix - Formula One: Drive to Survive

Might be something akin to similar programming behind the scenes show. Something like they did with Juventus.

Wow, this is great news to get new fans into the sport.

If this is even half as good as the NHL-Road to the Winter Classic documentary from HBO/EPIX, then it's gonna be awesome. Especially, to get more exposure to potential North American fans.

"Formula 1 is a global sport that we are actively repositioning from a motorsport company to a media and entertainment brand"

Basically this PR speech means the sport part of F1 will gradually(?) fade away becoming more of a "show".

"Formula 1 is a global sport that we are actively repositioning from a motorsport company to a media and entertainment brand"

Basically this PR speech means the sport part of F1 will gradually(?) fade away becoming more of a "show".
A media and entertainment brand...like WWE? :lol:

This is a great show. Really get to see the real personalities of the paddack, not the sanitised media friendly people they would have us believe. ( Ricciardo ‘s scrotum song was a good example). I am up to episode 9 of 10. It’s basically a behind the scenes season review, i hope they just carry on running this every season, but it looks like it will be last season and 2019 season. Good work Netflix !

some of the sound effects are a bit over the top though.

👍 sums it up perfectly. Way over the top, the actual show is very good though I'm finding it very enjoyable with three episodes to go.

According to WTF1, Mercedes and Ferrari did not participate in the making of the film and will not be in it.

https://wtf1.com/post/mercedes-and-ferrari-wont-be-in-f1s-new-netflix-documentary/

Because they didn't want anything behind the scenes to be revealed... C'mon guys...

After ep1 the series seems very well made - gives a good perspective to the more human and more INTERESTING side of the F1. Ferrari and Mercedes not taking part is a disaster. Not for the show but more so for the two teams and F1 as a sport. To over look a possibility of this magnitude to present F1 to new audiences is just pure arrogance and shows once more Ferrari and Mercedes are not in it for the sport but just for them selves. I think even with the pedigree F1, Ferrari and Mercedes have they can not affort to show arrogance towards the sheer magnitude Netflix has as an influence.

As a finn im so happy Kimi is free from the BS Ferrari has become and I hope Valtteri either fights for championship to show these arrogant bastards some heart or leaves Mercedes before the cold side of F1 succumbs hes career and spirit. I do not yet know if he has the raw capability to tear Lewis's and Sebastians confidence apart - but for Valtteris and F1s sake I hope he tries. Time to summon some SISU.

Pretty sure im more interested in the actual fight in the middle pack teams rather than giving interest to top teams.

Apparently Netflix are in for another season after being asked to by sean Bratches and are in Australia. Hopefully he’s told Merc and Ferrari to play too.

Some of the sound effects, especially when two cars race past the camera sound like stock sound effects. Those shots are the main ones that don't make sense, why didn't they just have the cars sounding normal instead of some cartoony sound effect?

I think I'm on episode 4 and I haven't paid any attention to the sound effects. I'll have to look for that in future episodes. But the tension between Christian Horner and Cyril Abiteboul is thick!!

Been really enjoying this show. They have done some clever editing to doctor it up a bit, but they did it well and does not take anything away from the sport for the long term fans. Gotta love Ricciardo's wonderful song writing, and Christian's animals.

Perfect thing to watch to get hyped for 2019 season.

Back