New maintenance notice...06/11/2012!

  • Thread starter Thread starter zlays
  • 164 comments
  • 9,838 views
^ Don't worry about it, it is probably far from being the best update GT5 has ever had. Just wait until you can afford to buy it again and download the 2.09 update 👍 .

I can buy it with the money I have, but the only thing I don't have is time and permission to go and buy it in the US (way more cheaper than here in Mexico)

Enemy cars? What game mode are those in? :lol:

Online mode
 
The HSV sound is definitely unique and much closer to reality. It could use a little more beefiness but it's good by me. The bars/cockpit view adjust is a huge change because it was hard to tolerate before. Also the rear camera is nice.👍
 
The damn bar on the HSV was more of deal breaker for me than the sound, glad it's fixed.
 
Well i have a friend in my lounge i gave him the tune to my VW BUS and we are doing it. But instantly we both noticed that he couldn't see me do the end of and I couldn't see him do it. So i am a little disappointed. But it's still great
 
Praise the San.
 
riverfiver
can u do wheely now online?

I had a wheely Lotus but i lost it (forget to duplicate it)
 
Yes, it was just maintenence. It just happens that this time they did more than just work on the servers. Its not like they added any new content to the game which is more of what I was referring to when I said what I did.
Anyhow, glad to see they are still paying attention to the game and fixing things after 2 years. I'm not going out celebrating tho as there are still a ton of things that need to be fixed but its a start.

If that was just "maintenance" then my Grandma is a supermodel:dopey:

A brief test shows me that moving around on the main screen, from menu to menu and loading up my own lounge is significantly faster after the update. It was like this before but slowly degraded the last few weeks.
 
After a 3 lap Arcade race around Spa with the HSV I can say the 3D does seem to be improved. It's hard to say exactly but I didn't notice any ghosting and the image just seemed cleaner. It also seems like my old perfect settings need to be adjusted a little because it needed a little more depth. Another nice change with the update and probably confirmation that GT6 will support 3D if they are continuing to improve it with 5 this late into the game. Well done PD.
 
Yes, it was just maintenence. It just happens that this time they did more than just work on the servers. Its not like they added any new content to the game which is more of what I was referring to when I said what I did.
Anyhow, glad to see they are still paying attention to the game and fixing things after 2 years. I'm not going out celebrating tho as there are still a ton of things that need to be fixed but its a start.

Oh, you can't even admit that you were wrong. It was maintenance for a patch and we all know it and you're still trying to prove that you were absolutely right :grumpy:
 
Oh, you can't even admit that you were wrong. It was maintenance for a patch and we all know it and you're still trying to prove that you were absolutely right :grumpy:
He was right though. There have been a lot more regular maintenance periods than there have been patches to go along with them, and it would be a very good idea to not expect that every time there is server maintenance that there will be a patch.
 
He was right though. There have been a lot more regular maintenance periods than there have been patches to go along with them, and it would be a very good idea to not expect that every time there is server maintenance that there will be a patch.

Thank you Toronado, thats exactly what I was trying to say with my very first post here in this thread.
Furthermore, yes I do still consider it maintenence as they only worked on what was already there, they didn't add anything. Adding something, in my book, would be considered an update. Fixing something that is already in the game would be considered maintenence.
 
Thank you Toronado, thats exactly what I was trying to say with my very first post here in this thread.
Furthermore, yes I do still consider it maintenence as they only worked on what was already there, they didn't add anything. Adding something, in my book, would be considered an update. Fixing something that is already in the game would be considered maintenence.
Not trying to argue, but you say you consider it to only be maintenance since they didn't add anything when the truth is, it IS a patch/update. Patches fix things, don't they? We needed to download something. That's considered to be a patch/update with "patch" being the better term for this "minor" update. We get what you mean now.
 
I thought they might have fixed the red numbers at the jump around Cape Ring time trial, the catch air at jump = invalid lap thing?
Ive tried it in several cars, from an XJ-R9 Jaguar to a DTM Audi A4 touring car and get invalid laps unless i brake reasonably hard, it's a bit of a annoyance to me, real life? lol it's a game! More front wing and stiffer suspension? Yawn......... Maybe it's just me :crazy:
 
Back