New maintenance notice...06/11/2012!

  • Thread starter Thread starter zlays
  • 164 comments
  • 9,838 views
Sounds GREAT NOW. Just did a lap and I am very happy with the sound. Will deff be driving this car now.
 
Last edited:
It sounds kind of like an altered version of the FGT. Not too sure though. It sounds like they did put some effort.

Sound much better. Yeah, looks like they worked a bit more on it... Still not perfect but the best thing is: they are definitely aware of what we want.
 
If they can change the HSV's sound, they can certainly do it for other cars as well. The Aventador, Sauber, and Enzo, are in need of a great overhaul in the sound department ASAP.
 
Its maintenance people, just maintenance. It does not say anything about an update, which is totally different. Nothing to get excited about.

So mister Realist, just Maintenance? :lol:
 
It's interesting that a day after the interview that caused questions if PD are listening we get a patch that IMO shows they clearly are and that good things will be in store for the future of GT.
 
It's interesting that a day after the interview that caused questions if PD are listening we get a patch that IMO shows they clearly are and that good things will be in store for the future of GT.

I was really disappointed after the interview, but the patch made it all a bit less painful.
 
diegorborges
Changelog is up!!!

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

- The [Tire/Fuel Consumption] settings under [Event Settings] of the Online Lounge can now be set in four levels; "None", "Normal", "Fast", and "Very Fast".

- The view during 3D display has been improved.

- The speed of tire wear varied too greatly depending on the vehicle in some cases, and this has been balanced.

- Improved the scoring method in drift trials to prevent cheating

- The maximum RPM of the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11 has been changed to 10300rpm. The engine sound has also been improved.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- Fixed an issue where enemy cars were hitting the pit entrance wall when pitting in at the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course East.
- Fixed an issue where fuel was not being consumed when entering an endurance race with a Prius, or when setting tires and fuel to be consumed in the online lounge. Affected cars: Toyota Prius G '02, Toyota Prius G '09, Toyota Prius G Touring Selection '03, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
- Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline characteristics.

My VW BUS better be able to do stoppies like in my GTP ID online!!!
 
BayneHamlin1121
It's probably just maintenance. Last time I called so, though, there was an update, so I guess there's no telling what.

Oh, how I was wrong. (and right.)
 
It's interesting that a day after the interview that caused questions if PD are listening we get a patch that IMO shows they clearly are and that good things will be in store for the future of GT.

Indeed. I guess those questions, the sound one in particular, were a wake up call.
 
Indeed. I guess those questions, the sound one in particular, were a wake up call.

I'm sure any work down on the sound occurred before the interview took place. It seems KY just isn't comfortable saying anything revealing about the future. He can't give a straightforward answer for whatever reason.
 
diegorborges
So we can finally rollover a car in online play?

Only my way to test now my dinner is just out of the oven. Forget dinner that is one of the things I have been wanting to see fixed since day 1
 
Well.. No.. Cant roll your car online.. Still...
 
Let us know how you got on :D .
 
Stoppie yes :)

Rollovers no

It seems they made the cars able to get off of the ground really easier. Way better. But still not perfect. But you know what i am happy happy happy


Also the suspension movements seems different online too. More realistic. Maybe this is because they are not grounded to the floor anymore.


When you crash into wall it is like offline. Too bad we still can't roll them over online it stops at about ummm I'd say about 80 degrees from totally on its door

If you guys want i can make a couple videos?
 
I see everyone is happy with the new update PD made, and the new engine sound on the HSV as well. I must say, I'm very sorry to Kaz, and thank him for this great update. I think my hopes have gained back up for GT6. Thank you again Mr. Yamauchi and PD. Please. Do your very best to make GT6 the best ever.

Cheers to Kaz, PD and everyone on GTPlanet! :cheers:

So mister Realist, just Maintenance? :lol:

Agreed. HAHA to him of course. :lol:
 
TokoTurismo
I see everyone is happy with the new update PD made. I must say, I'm very sorry to Kaz, and thank him for this update. I think my hopes have gained back up for GT6. Thank you again Mr. Yamauchi and PD. Please. Do your very best to make GT6 the best ever.

Cheers to Kaz, PD and everyone on GTPlanet! :cheers:

Nuff said. Big smile on my face too. Thanks for listening Kaz
 
Welcome back to GTPlanet :D . It seems that Kaz must have read your message and did something to stop you from leaving the GT series :) .

EDIT: Tree'd :banghead: .
 
Hahaha. Well I wasn't really going leave the GT series, but I'm really happy that Kaz and PD made this update for us all. I've never been THIS happy for any game in history. :)

:gtpflag: Forever friends. :D
 
Anyone want my Endo tune for my VW BUS?
 
Wow, this sucks, I have 25 dollars (enough to buy XL edition) and almost 2 months without GT5 (My mother sold it by accident in a garage sale), I bought The Nissan Schulze '12 and the HSV because I thought I was getting the game the weekend the DLC came out and I knew I was going to waste it in useless Bad Company 2 DLC (except SPECACT, that one is great), oh foolish me :(

And now this, that it has to be one of the greatest updates in GT5, I feel so awkward
 
I can finally drive the HSV in the interior view without feeling like I have to look around the role cage tube. It's been adjusted.
 
^ Don't worry about it, it is probably far from being the best update GT5 has ever had. Just wait until you can afford to buy it again and download the 2.09 update 👍 .
 
I think it's a free version of GT6 for all current GT5 owners...who have never posted a complaint or criticism on a GTP thread...all three of you:sly:
 
Johnnypenso
I think it's a free version of GT6 for all current GT5 owners...who have never posted a complaint or criticism on a GTP thread...all three of you:sly:

Slow clap. Bravo.
 
So mister Realist, just Maintenance? :lol:

Yes, it was just maintenence. It just happens that this time they did more than just work on the servers. Its not like they added any new content to the game which is more of what I was referring to when I said what I did.
Anyhow, glad to see they are still paying attention to the game and fixing things after 2 years. I'm not going out celebrating tho as there are still a ton of things that need to be fixed but its a start.
 
Back