New maintenance notice...06/11/2012!

  • Thread starter Thread starter zlays
  • 164 comments
  • 9,838 views
GTM i hate time zones hahaha i always get confused. What time is it there now? I am in the US in the CST

It's 4am here. I found out the times on the GT5 website and selected my region, may show a different time for you, I don't know.
 
Has anyone actually finished Downloading the update that can give us an insight to changes and what not?

I can't say I've noticed a difference yet. But I've been offline, so maybe the changes are online?
 
iainoflo85
It's 4am here. I found out the times on the GT5 website and selected my region, may show a different time for you, I don't know.

Oh wow. 10pm here. It's no big deal. I'll wait. I need something to eat in just woke up about 3 hours ago anyway
 
No change to the N24 GTR and its lack of adjustable aero.

Still multiples of varying parts etc in the Items list

No new additions the Dealership either, so car DLC is out of the question.

Nothing has changed in offline mode so it must be subtle tweaks here and there.....
 
Last edited:
The N24 GT-R shouldn't have adjustable aero I believe. It's still factory body...
 
The wing isn't factory though..... Although now you mention it, it does look like a fixed wing as opposed to adjustable
 
N24 rules with that class required that it had a wing that wasn't adjustable or produced much downforce.
 
Oooh ok, thanks for clearing that up!
 
If there are no new cars or tracks (currently) it could either be a physics tweak or (more likely) a online tweak like new online options and reliability.
 
99 seconds left....

The servers are slower than GT5's AI!
 
Deleted. Tree'd
 
Their download servers suck? Took me 90 seconds.
 
No aero option on the GT-R N24 still. Is that what some people were wondering?
 
Downloading here in Brazil, GMT-3
 
I hope this has something good in it.

I wonder if they notice how badly people react when they get their hopes up for this game, and those hopes are not satisfied. I think that's why they don't give notice on updates/DLC anymore.
 
There's no update here at illinois
 
Changelog is up!!!

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

- The [Tire/Fuel Consumption] settings under [Event Settings] of the Online Lounge can now be set in four levels; "None", "Normal", "Fast", and "Very Fast".

- The view during 3D display has been improved.

- The speed of tire wear varied too greatly depending on the vehicle in some cases, and this has been balanced.

- Improved the scoring method in drift trials to prevent cheating

- The maximum RPM of the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11 has been changed to 10300rpm. The engine sound has also been improved.


[Correction of Known Issues]
- Fixed an issue where enemy cars were hitting the pit entrance wall when pitting in at the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course East.
- Fixed an issue where fuel was not being consumed when entering an endurance race with a Prius, or when setting tires and fuel to be consumed in the online lounge. Affected cars: Toyota Prius G '02, Toyota Prius G '09, Toyota Prius G Touring Selection '03, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
- Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline characteristics.
 
Can't wait to see the physic balance between online and offline.
 
Enemy cars? What game mode are those in? :lol:

Changes sound good for online races.

Hopefully the physics change makes offline physics more like online physics.
 
Edited, diegor beat me to it :P Awesome though, Weider's new sounds! Cannot wait to hear them.
 
"Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline characteristics."

So, online and offline physics finally are equal??? :o That's a gamechanger.
 
The HSV sounds a bit closer to the real thing, but not really at the same time. It's good that they tried, though, the initial sound was boring. At least the new one is unique.
 
The HSV sounds a bit closer to the real thing, but not really at the same time. It's good that they tried, though, the initial sound was boring. At least the new one is unique.

Is it a unique sound or a sample from another car like the F1's?
 
Can someone post a video with the new sounds of the HSV please? I was considering to buy it, but I was holding back due to the horrible engine noise in previous updates.
 
It sounds much better in and out of the car. Not spot on but closer than what it was. It's great now. Much appreciation to Kazunori.
 
mcfizzle
Is it a unique sound or a sample from another car like the F1's?

It sounds kind of like an altered version of the FGT. Not too sure though. It sounds like they did put some effort.
 
Back