New Members/Drifters, ANNOUNCE YOURSELF HERE!!!

• Thread starter Swift
  • 1,415 comments
Hey ppl!
Im new at these forums, and Ive played GT series like 8 years. Got GT4 and have drifted couple months with an Acura NSX. I hope I find some good drift settings for other cars too. ^^ Waiting for GT5. :)

Hi, I'm Cougar23 and I've been on GTP for a month or two and I have my own tuning garage but only tried drifting today in my personally tuned Mitsubishi FTO GP
Version-R '97. I hope to get better but at the moment I'm happy trying to link sections together on Apricot Hill.
:):)

Hi, I'm Cougar23 and I've been on GTP for a month or two and I have my own tuning garage but only tried drifting today in my personally tuned Mitsubishi FTO GP
Version-R '97. I hope to get better but at the moment I'm happy trying to link sections together on Apricot Hill.
:):)

The FTO is front wheel drive. You're not doing any drifting with a FWD. Try a RWD car.

;)

The FTO is front wheel drive. You're not doing any drifting with a FWD. Try a RWD car.

;)

front wheel drive drifting is called: ''tail-dragging'', some people cal it a:censored:-dragging
just go into a corner, pull the handbrake and drag that... butt:sly:

;)

front wheel drive drifting is called: ''tail-dragging'', some people cal it a:censored:-dragging
just go into a corner, pull the handbrake and drag that... butt:sly:

;)

I am well aware of what is done with FWD's. It is not, and never will be drifting. I have been known to do a bit of butt-dragging from time to time, but I certainly do not harbor under any delusion that it is in any way related to drifting.

If you are not using the powered rear wheels to control a slide around a series of corners, you are not drifting my friend.

;)

I am well aware of what is done with FWD's. It is not, and never will be drifting. I have been known to do a bit of butt-dragging from time to time, but I certainly do not harbor under any delusion that it is in any way related to drifting.

If you are not using the powered rear wheels to control a slide around a series of corners, you are not drifting my friend.

;)

Ok sorry, As I said before I am only a beginner and was having some fun 'trying' to drift in that little FTO :guilty: Ahhh well, better move onto a real car then. :):) Thanks for setting me straight. :)👍:sly:

hi i ony just got gt4 i know im years behind but i been playing it 4 about a week nd got bored with grip drivin then saw some vids on youtube nd thought id give it a go as yet i tried a few cars and the only one i can hold a drift with is a '90 lotus carlton and i consider myself an average grip driver and a really poor drift driver any pointers

Hi ryfle,welcome to :gtplanet:!
No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums. All messages must be posted in English.

hi i ony just got gt4 i know im years behind but i been playing it 4 about a week nd got bored with grip drivin then saw some vids on youtube nd thought id give it a go as yet i tried a few cars and the only one i can hold a drift with is a '90 lotus carlton and i consider myself an average grip driver and a really poor drift driver any pointers

Read the stickies at the top of this forum. They should help you immensely.

;)

ok but whats a stickie??? i am really new to all this

Please try and use proper punctuation and capital letters more effectively.

To answer your question, they are the threads that are "stuck" to the top of the forum. There you will see everything from drifting FAQ's to drift setups.

;)

SRinc. here, getting the hang of the drifting down on GT4. pretty much all set on the 4WD driveterrain witn an EVO and R34. like in real life it takes some E-brake and understanding to drift a FF and so far a 95 ITR is my front wheel drifter of choice. havent played around with the whole FR drifter's line-up im sure im going to find my perfect FR drifter im stuck on my GT-R and EVO!!!

What i find makes drifting a possibility and not a 180 degree turn with smoke and an abrupt halt, is to first turn in the opposing direction of your intended turn with the brake then with the E-Brake turn sharply but smoothly into the intended direction. play on the throttle a bit and you'll pull off a crowd pleaser, this works great for me at Trail Mt. im starting to call if "Drift" Mt., happy tuning!

Welcome to GTP speeddemon_09!
But also keep this in mind: V
AUP
No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums. All messages must be posted in English.

Hey everyone,
I have been playing GT4 since it was first released . I just recently found this site and forum because of SpeedDemon_09 he is a buddy of mine and we just recently had some breakthroughs with our drifting. I am looking to learn alot from everyone and hopefully contribute to the site as well.

Greetings you all. Been trying to learn how to drift lately and the guides on this site has been the key to helpin' me learning to drift. Hopefully I'll get to the point where I'll feel confident enough to get some pics together and post them. Anyway, hope to talk to you all more, Peace.

Back