New seasonal events look pretty difficult.

Here's my setup for the Lotus starting at the top:

Aero: Rear 20
Power Limiter set to 98.5% to get to 195 HP
Fully Custom Tranny: Final Gear 4.529; Top Speed 137
Twin Plate Clutch, Semi Racing Flywheel
STANDARD differential, did not buy the Adjustable LSD, you don't need it.

Suspension:
Ride height: F -10 R -6
Springs: F 6.8 R 8.3
Extension: F 5 R 5
Compression: F 4 R 4
Roll Bars: F 3 R 3
Camber: F 1.5 R 0.7
Toe: F 0.0 R 0.20

Aids:
TC 1
ABS 1
Steering Sensitivity 5 (I use DS3)

If you race flawlessly and keep the car relatively straight and spend little time spinning the rear tires you should pass the lead car going into the final corner. I was a little sloppy since it was my first try and didn't pass until about midway through the corner along the outside because I braked so late.

Use late braking to get inside the other cars, then get the car straight with 40% - 60% throttle if you can manage it, it's really hard on the DS3. That's really all I did.

This damn Fiat race is giving me gray hair. I just bought a new one and put zero aero stuff on it so hopefully that helps.

Thanks for this! Gold on 2nd try 👍
DS3 Steering Sensitivity is the only thing I changed (2 instead of 5)

Exactly, no handouts! Thats the very reason I like them. I think all my driving for the last 3 months or so was purely for money and very predictable. This challenge brought me back down to earth.

Plus one..........., BUT, i wouldn't mind winning money every time instead of once.
I personally don't care for the costumes, and i'm hoping to buy the old ford, jag, ferari, lambo & alfa of 10/20mil. credit each (those 60's era race cars :bowdown: hail to old cars, praise them, worship them, love them etc.., well i'm might be overacting now) That's a lot of credit i need to save (i meanwhile wish to buy other cars and upgrades too)
So i'll try the setting as seen here and i thanks you for it, myself couldn't get past silver without it..., wel not this lighyear probably:sly:
Greetings stano(more -premium- oldtimers)666.

It may already have been mentioned; that if you upgrade the fiat500 too much it isn't possible to downgrade enough to get to 65 bhp with turbo, so if you want to use turbo (i think it helps) don't do the engine upgrade, not even level 1! I did the level 1 upgrade and since i can't undo it i had to buy a new fiat500 ( -LOL-, i now got 6 fiat500's: 3 standards & 3 premium, 2 are new 4 are oldtimer -LOL-)
Luckely they are cheap, upgrading is the most expensive.

well after 6 hours I said **** this challange. cant get any closer than 10 seconds behind first in the fiat race. cant handle the cars any the others. it just wasnt meant to be for me. and after two trips to best buy to get another DS3. i cant afford another remote.

I feel like I robbed PD with those time trials.
LOL it's like there are 2 levels - "Just enough for the gold" and "Getting on the leaderboard". The first one I managed after a night on the beer, the second I couldn't care less about. How many more like that do you think we'll get?

I got pretty persistent with the fiat500 challenge, i've become like clockwork, the laptimes vary very much, but i'll finish second every time :lol:

You can win all 3 races with pretty much stock settings except for

Downforce - usually best at its highest
Transmission - top speed depending on car/track
Ride Height - usually best when at its lowest

I managed to win all of them (controller) with relative ease
A couple of golden rules

1. USE A DRIVING LINE - find the quickest route in and out of corners, and stick to it (especially for the FIAT race)

2. DONT OVER BRAKE - I found this to be the case with the subaru. Dont break heavily. Find the right ammount of break needed, then just ease off the accelerator around most corners, keeping the driving line. There are really only 2/3 corners in the fiat race that require breaking

3. DRAFT WHEN POSSIBLE - It will increase your speed, and is very handy for the fiat race

I really hope they do these a little more often. The regular seasonals are good fun, but I just love the challenge of the bonus races, let alone the payouts.

I golded the Fiat and Lotus with almost minimal effort, but the damn Subaru AND Laguna Seca are driving me insane. I should have gold just for my self control for not having broke a controller!

Are you still able to do the Lotus challenge if you RM it? (i think its RM-able)

I gave up on the subaru, it ALMOST drives better in the dirt and sandpits than the actual track

not to be mean or anything, nut are seriously so many people struggling with this event? i havent played for 4 months and i decided to play today and i beat all events in my first attempts.
And i started with the subaru challenge and it was a easy beat with the DS3.

Sure, we all are not equal in this game, but i was very surprised that so many GTP players struggle.

Finally beat the Subaru event by more than 5 seconds.. With the right tune, It was almost easy after all that struggle. With a DS3 set to +3 sensivity.

I wear my Piloti's, maybe that was the missing trick!

LagunaSecaRaceway_1.jpg

Last edited:
If someone has some decent tunes for the seasonal events, it would really help a lot of people (especially me). Or is there a post that contains the posts already?

The expert event is raping me...especially the one on tsukuba only managed to come in 6th place.... (>_<)

I won the Fiat 500 Seasonal on my first try, and without looking here before I figured out that the "trick" is to exploit the regulations to the maximum by rebalancing the weight distribution to the back and adjusting suspensions accordingly. This allows to use all tires more efficiently.

Also, after installing a Low RPM turbo and using the power limiter to 66 hp, the car should be competitive.

These were the settings in my case:

Stage 3 Chassis Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Rigidity Improvement

Ballast
- Amount: 147 Kg
- Position: 50

Power Limiter: 68.8%

Sports Air Filter
Low RPM Turbo

Transmission: fully customizable
- Max Speed: 230
- Shift gear at maximum 4800-5000 rpm

Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Fully Customizable LSD
- Initial Torque: 10
- Acceleration: 12
- Braking: 5

Suspension: fully customizable
- Ride Height: -10/-15
- Spring Rate: 4.0/3.3
- Dampers (extension): 2/3
- Dampers (compression): 1/2
- Anti-Roll Bars: 1/3
- Camber angle (-): 1.2/0.8
- Toe Angle: 0.00/-0.25

i can't seem to get this .. i end up on 4th every single time :nervous:
can somebody help me out ?

THANKS Shirakawa Akira -- AWESOME tune on the Fiat. :bowdown: Did the race for hours and then used your tune; second time won by 2+ sec. I HIGHLY recommend this tune. 👍

For those who haven't had success yet, keep at it. I would suggest almost NEVER braking (I was braking only one time each lap, at the 180 by the lake), also, try to see where you are losing the most time, then work on it. Remember to hit the apex. Good luck. :cheers:

Damn I feel good! It's amazing how quickly insane frustration :banghead:turns into cockiness!:cool: On to Tsukuba! (With Shirakawa's tune, BTW)

not to be mean or anything, nut are seriously so many people struggling with this event? i havent played for 4 months and i decided to play today and i beat all events in my first attempts.
And i started with the subaru challenge and it was a easy beat with the DS3.

Sure, we all are not equal in this game, but i was very surprised that so many GTP players struggle.
We're not worthy...

I have only done the Fiat race from the "Expert Race Challenge", but that definitely seems crazy. I easily got to second, but the leading car is just too far away for me...

Back