New seasonal events look pretty difficult.

I feel the exact same as Garbuckle. I have completed the other two with relative ease but for some reason the Subaru is like kryptonite to me. I cannot win that event. I can get second with ease but that lead car evades me, it haunts my dreams...

I finally managed to gold the lotus challenge. It took doing the race approximately 100 times in a row, probably 200 if you count restarts. Every few dozen times I would gain another place until I figured out how to cut the corners at exactly the right speeds without having the tail come around on me.

Sadly, I had to use a significant amount of traction control to make up for my deficiencies as a driver and the cars tendency to float across the road.

I tried Akira's setup but it felt like I was driving a hovercraft, so I tried the Juliet setup, but it understeered to badly to get on the throttle out of turns quickly, so then I tried Blackout Billy's setup and it was almost perfect except that I needed to use a mid range turbo and bump the speed up to 142... and that did the trick.

Now on to the others.

I used the Lotus set up for the expert challenge to do the British Lightweight races, one of which is Tsukuba. I was getting consistent times with that race, but I never managed to actually beat it (I think the best I did was 3rd).

However, going to the expert challenge, same car, same track, and it's like there's a micron layer of oil on the track or something, all my times are a second slower than they were when I did the British Lightweight event.

I'm using the Juliet tune, which took it from a squirrely little crash machine to something actually drivable. Maybe I'll give the Blackout Billy tune a try.

As for the Fiat, I can consistently get second. Maybe upping the top speed a little will help.

Haven't even tried the Subaru yet.

Anybody let me have there winning setup for both the Subaru & lotus challenge, cause I'm miles away from winning & currently feel they are impossible, many thanks

The subaru event is total grabassitck squirrel****nutz. Good luck getting anyone's tune to work.

I've been working on that even for two days straight now... a total of probably 12 hours of driving time in that one event alone, and the best I can do with a mixture of tunes that I've found in these threads is about 1 second behind the leader. I literally cross just behind him almost every race.

I've tried driving dirty by cutting corners and cutting the chicane, but they made the sand more like an oil slick on laguna seca. I tried driving as clean as possible and using perfect lines and that still leaves me in second place.

I lived about 4 miles from the Laguna Seca mazda raceway for two years while I attended the Defense Language Institute in Monterrey and I watched many races there. Drivers put their wheels in the dirt all the time and they never immediately start doing 360's until they hit a wall. Not to mention, if two drivers bump hard enough... one of them usually doesn't just drive off like nothing happened.

If anyone wants to try my Subaru tune they're more then welcome. I got it on my 2nd try. I can put it up for sharing or PM me if you just want the tune.

If anyone wants to try my Subaru tune they're more then welcome. I got it on my 2nd try. I can put it up for sharing or PM me if you just want the tune.

I'll try anything at this point. Been using someone elses tune that they won it with for the past hour, but it slides out of corners too easy much in the same way that a hovercraft does.

I'll get the tune for you when I get online in a little while. I'll also share the car for anyone who wants to use it awell.

Edit, I sent you a PM with the tune, but i forgot to mention you need to limit the engine power a tiny bit

Last edited:
I finally found a tune that works. I used Graycaps tune almost exactly as listed except I needed more grip in the rear so I used a spoiler with full downforce.

Managed to squeeze past the GTR at the last turn, trade some paint with him and then pull two seconds ahead for the win.

I danced.

EDIT: Now that I know how to take almost all the corners perfectly, I'm going to try some other people's tunes and see if I can pull better times. Thanks for all the tunes!

I tried Akira's setup but it felt like I was driving a hovercraft,
Can you elaborate? I'm curious on what you didn't like on that set up or how it didn't fit your driving style. It was a setup optimised for use with a DS3 joypad, by the way.

Can you elaborate? I'm curious on what you didn't like on that set up or how it didn't fit your driving style. It was a setup optimised for use with a DS3 joypad, by the way.

That right there is the problem then. I use the G27 wheel.

What would happen to me with your tune is that I would tap the brakes a couple of times coming into a corner and then start to swing the wheel around. When I wanted it to accelerate out, the car would literally start sliding sideways on all four tires instead of gripping and then pushing out. I couldn't find any traction in corners at all, and my cornering style is slow in - fast out.

It must be something to do with the wheel vs the DS3, cause I bet if I swapped to the controller I wouldn't experience that issue.

What finally won it for me was simply using the braking markers on the driving line instead of trying to do any fancy late braking that I would be able to do on racing softs. Brake very early, turn the nose and then hammer down on the accelerator... that's how I finally got the gold. :crazy:

I finally golded all three. The fiat was the easiest, but that doesn't mean it was easy by any means. I couldn't keep enough momentum throughout the course if I took my foot off of the gas pedal, so I ended up keeping my foot on the gas and using my heel to brake through the turns without letting off the accelerator. That slowed me down enough to corner without losing heaps of momentum. I still only beat the lead car by a photo finish and after literally hundreds of restarts. Guess I'm just not that talented. lol

At last!!! After coming 2nd in the Fiat challenge 10 times (went from -18secs to -0.3secs with tune help found here) I finally succeeded today. MT was the difference. Won by 2.8 secs!!!

Back