New seasonal events look pretty difficult.

All three races are good challenge for me, there is little FF Fiat, light and slippery Lotus MR, and King of understeering, AWD Sube, but it just takes time and patient, and have gold all 3 in about 4 hours.

I need some tuning tips as i cant gold any of them!

You have to drift. Try and not use the brake as much as possible. This is really key in all three of them. Brake early and accelerate out of the corners. It take practice, practice, practice. Took me about 10 times on each of these. I used several tunes until I got the tune for each that felt the most natural, then I just kept working on it till I finally won. I am by far not the best driver nor the fastest. If I can do them, anybody can with determination and persistance.

If you need to borrow cars friend me. I have all three set ups online.

I actually had the most difficulty with the Lotus. They were each difficult in their own ways, but once each car was tuned to "better the chances", each race was then won. But to "win" the race, the Tsubuka was harder than the Laguna race, for me. just by a bit. I hate that long right bend at the Tsubuka , there is zero confidence in negotiating that curve efficiently. At least I get feedback from all other corners in the game. This one just feels like a ghost takes you there.

The Lotus race was the easiest, I did it on my 1st try.
The Scooby race was done in about 3 tries.
The Fiat race was a disaster, I finally finished it today after a minimum of at least 8 hours of total time dedicated to the race. I was compelled to get gold and all that really helped me was separating the gear ratios, but not individually, set the top speed to 133mph. Whew!

yeah forget this, none of the setups on here are working for me, the lotus just seems too slow, to even catch up, i need to practice turning, even though i am better at that then my exiting speed. but i guess ill just do other things to keep me busy.
The main problem is i have no patience, and thats something i cannot fix, so please dont try to tell me i can, if you knew, then you would understand.

I'm ready for new expert seasonals. I think they should alternate between regular seasonals and expert. And time trials every week there is no expert.

s2k2k3
I'm ready for new expert seasonals. I think they should alternate between regular seasonals and expert. And time trials every week there is no expert.

I like this idea very much 👍

I won the Fiat 500 Seasonal on my first try, and without looking here before I figured out that the "trick" is to exploit the regulations to the maximum by rebalancing the weight distribution to the back and adjusting suspensions accordingly. This allows to use all tires more efficiently.

I'll have to try your set up, I got up to 3rd with my own and won a hideous looking race suit.

Have those who have difficulties taking certain corners without braking with the Fiat 500 relocated some weight to the back of the car and configured spring rates accordingly to the changed weight distribution?

Thank you for your Fiat tune, sir. After having done the Lotus and Subaru challenges with relative ease, I was shocked at how hard the Fiat one was when these seasonals were first posted. Over a month later I decided to come back to the Fiat race...I tried your tune and beat the lead car by 3.9 seconds first try without even warming up. Thanks again man.

Thank you for your Fiat tune, sir. After having done the Lotus and Subaru challenges with relative ease, I was shocked at how hard the Fiat one was when these seasonals were first posted. Over a month later I decided to come back to the Fiat race...I tried your tune and beat the lead car by 3.9 seconds first try without even warming up. Thanks again man.

:grumpy:

I've got the same tune and can't get within 10 secs of the pace. I know this track like the back of my hand, so wtf...

Last edited:
just got back from my sons to help him out on these(I have the cars shared)and either I'm a thousand percent better or these got way to easy. took me at least 8-10 tries and I go over and knock them out first time through. He got '00 LM 'vette from the Fiat, NASCAR from Lotus,and Merc C9 for the Sti

:grumpy:

I've got the same tune and can't get within 10 secs of the pace. I know this track like the back of my hand, so wtf...

I did a lot of drafting and only braked for four turns...the 90 degree right hander before you start going up the hill, the big left hander after the straight, the right hander before the down hill and the left hander that leads to the final down hill section. Didn't brake hard for any of the turns either, very light...I realized that keeping momentum is the surest way to win the race.

What the guy above said and go over the yellow parts so your as close as you can be to the edge while turning. Cutting the last corner helps a lot too lol

I found that the Fiat race was made a lot easier to win by fitting a low RPM turbo. This in combination with the limiter allows you to get the peak power (65bhp) pretty much all the way through the rev range.

I found that the Fiat race was made a lot easier to win by fitting a low RPM turbo. This in combination with the limiter allows you to get the peak power (65bhp) pretty much all the way through the rev range.

What's nice about adding the low RPM turbo is that no matter how you limit the power, it appears that torque is not affected so you get an extra oomph when accelerating through the 4,200-5,600 rpm range (I think that's what it was at least). Adding the parts that improve torque enough but still allow you to cut horse power improve the cars acceleration.

I will surely try this because I can't get past 7th in this race. Actually all those in that seasonal are tough, I have yet placed 1st in any.

If you are neck and neck with 1st place in the Fiat race, at that last chicane, do not cut the track but just knock him to the left. He will go wide and slow down while you get to the line way ahead of him.

I will surely try this because I can't get past 7th in this race. Actually all those in that seasonal are tough, I have yet placed 1st in any.

Your not alone my friend, but I love the fact that I need to struggle to make them. One day I got the skills, I hope.

I've played hours today trying to do that Fiat... After numerous attempts I've managed to finish 2nd with a +1 sec to the leading A2. But still my times are crap(mid 2:03 can't imagine doing 2:02... and I'm playing on ds3) I think that this is the time to take DFGT from the box ;X

I've played hours today trying to do that Fiat... After numerous attempts I've managed to finish 2nd with a +1 sec to the leading A2. But still my times are crap(mid 2:03 can't imagine doing 2:02... and I'm playing on ds3) I think that this is the time to take DFGT from the box ;X

Watch replays on YouTube to check the corner speeds for each corner.
I couldn't do without either.

lol DFGT wont change something...

use a setup from the tuning section and drive clean

If you are inching up to an AI car in front of you, use the opportunity to drift behind them to catch up to them for the pass. Also, throughout this race, do not bump any car in front of you, you will lose valuable seconds. Your Lap times of 2:03 are clearly good enough to win this race. Also, better to brake early and enter the Apex with good control (minimal screaching from the wheels), and when entering the long downhill straight, try to turn very early to the left, in the tunnel, to maintain highspeed into the corner.

Cadence braking works best in all these events.

crazy question to all, can these LVL tickets be won more than once if already won? unfortunately, I didn't retry any races after winning, I think PD should give us a form of incentive to repeat these expert challenging races. Probably most of us had a sigh of relief only to move on to other races.

crazy question to all, can these LVL tickets be won more than once if already won? unfortunately, I didn't retry any races after winning, I think PD should give us a form of incentive to repeat these expert challenging races. Probably most of us had a sigh of relief only to move on to other races.

Nope, once only.

not to be mean or anything, nut are seriously so many people struggling with this event? i havent played for 4 months and i decided to play today and i beat all events in my first attempts.
And i started with the subaru challenge and it was a easy beat with the DS3.

Sure, we all are not equal in this game, but i was very surprised that so many GTP players struggle.

Too late...

It's obvious you are more superior to the typical GT5 player. :rolleyes:

I decided to try the Subaru one again. There's an hour of my life I'll never get back. I doubt there is any magical tune out there to give the Subaru grip, and the ability to turn, so it really all just comes down to driving skill, of which I apparently have none.

i tried the fiat 500 race. and i couldnt get below 15 seconds behind the leader.
i tried the lotus race, and didnt pass a single person.....

needless to say... i didnt even try the subaru race. :indiff:

Back