New Special Interview with Kazunori Yamauchi

• Thread starter Duphman
  • 12 comments
Kaz: Those people at GT Planet... many of them are unhappy no matter what we accomplish! The things they say are unbelievable!

Interviewer: Should I read some of it?

Kaz: Oh heavens, you would think all we are doing is making slow vacuum cleaners! It's embarrassing...

@Jordan Well I'm actually not that fluent in Japanese :P (I'm more fluent in Chinese, Spanish, and French, in case translations from these languages are ever needed), so I guess I won't be of much help. But from what I can understand, this interview was mostly about the history of GT, especially on the factors that inspired Kaz in creating the first Gran Turismo. Kaz was mostly emphasizing his "innovative thinking" at the time, along with other stuff we already learned from previous interviews and Kaz (the documentary). He also mentioned the concepts behind the course designs (presumably the original courses).

Towards the very end the interviewer did ask about the future of Gran Turismo on the PS4, specifically whether he'll be able to achieve what he has in mind, or if he'll be focusing more on taking advantage of the capabilities of the PS4, to which Kaz answers vaguely, something along the lines of "I can't say much since I have different mentalities while working on each title" (typical Kaz...). He believes that the answer will "come along naturally".

Kaz was also asked about what he expected from working with the Ps4, to which he responded something along the lines of "There are more risks".

As I am at school right now I did have to skip many parts to save time, so I may have missed some things. Plus, again, I'm not a native speaker, so it's better to confirm with native speakers like @shirakawaa.

Last edited:
From the looks of the video, it seems to do something with Playstation's 20th anniversary, not something directly GT-related.

He also appeared in a television show very recently. I doubt anything important was alluded to, but it seems entertaining at the very least.

I think Kaz liked the sound of the Evo in the first vid. Can we have the 'Zu tu tu' turbo dose sound in game now? :D

Ok But seriously, he looked cool and chilled on the TV show. From what I could gather, I think he talked about the whole bridging the virtual-reality divide. Mainly how the cars showcased on the show behaved in the game and how the unique characteristics were implemented. I want his shoes though :D.

Back