New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
Hi, Alan here. 53 year old Scottish ex pat living in Norway. I've done the last three TT's now (101, 102 and 103) and have to say that this has really revitalised my interest in GT5. Nice crowd and nice challenges. Thanks for all the work behind the scenes đź‘Ť

Nice to meet you, hope to see you online soon ;)

SirAlanClive
Hi, Alan here. 53 year old Scottish ex pat living in Norway. I've done the last three TT's now (101, 102 and 103) and have to say that this has really revitalised my interest in GT5. Nice crowd and nice challenges. Thanks for all the work behind the scenes đź‘Ť

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself, this is a great way to spend some free time.

Hi all,

Last week I have been accepted into the WRS, looking forward to competing with all of you. My name is Chris, from the Netherlands. I've been playing GT5 since release, first year with a controller, nowadays with a Fanatec CSR Elite wheel and pedals. I consider myself a decent driver, but I hope to learn and get better by competing in the WRS.

Dislikes: Braking

See you on the track!

Nice to meet you, hope to see you online soon ;)

I'm actually a bit afraid of going online for some reason. Tomorrow is football and next week I'm off to London with the Lady for 4 days (excuses, excuses...) I'll make a commitment for the week after, without knowing what we'll be driving. See you then!

Filled out the forms and sent the friend requests đź‘Ť

Baron, I fixed that for you. We want to be open and clear with new members. :lol:

Thought as much :lol: đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Hey Chris (Voxalizer) and SiralanClive, if you want to give it a try, or get accustomed to how everything works, feel free to join the WRS Academy on Saturdays.....

Hello All!
Crozzlow here, 49 years old living in sweet home Chicago. GTP and WRS have revitalized my love for GT5! I am looking forward to all of the competition and learning to be faster. The Tokyo TT was my first event and just trying to make what I perceive to be a decent to average showing has helped my driving immensely already!! Thanks to the GTP_WRS crew for making this happen.

Hello All!
Crozzlow here, 49 years old living in sweet home Chicago. GTP and WRS have revitalized my love for GT5! I am looking forward to all of the competition and learning to be faster. The Tokyo TT was my first event and just trying to make what I perceive to be a decent to average showing has helped my driving immensely already!! Thanks to the GTP_WRS crew for making this happen.

Hi Crozzlow and welcome to GTP, nice to see you're enjoying it as much as I have been since I joined, it is a great community :gtpflag: I will be releasing a youtube video on the Tokyo TT after the results have been released, it will be a tutorial style so hopefully you will find it useful đź‘Ť

I have found gtplanet a while ago 'lookin for a decent setup for -i think- the lmp mazda. On of the few premium LMP's in the game also my favorite amongst it's rivals.

I'm from Belgium and live nearby a couple a great racetracks
zolder circuit +- 25 miles
Spa Francorchamps +-80 miles
Zandvoort +-80 miles
Nurburgring +-140 miles
Assen +-140 miles

When my dad (aka sponsor;-)) was still alive, i used to do trackdays frequently...

I was just the right age when GT1 was released, so i played them all. A lot.
Not this way though. i learned about GTHQ (dutch GT5 forum) around end 2011. Always driven GHTQ events. Started a GTHQ championship this wednesdey (without thinking i suppose). Gotta host it every wednesday till end may

i'm happy, that i finally can see what my skill level means in comparison with the guys of GTPlanet
To be completely honest, i kinda lost track of my GTP quali... sent my time for division qualification 2 months ago & only learned now that it's processed and i have my division

I prefer damage full & only ABS or no ABS. I like both crappy tires & race tires.
I used a DFGT when i first learned about all these great communitys, now i'm using a G27 combined with a DIY simrig.

I probably came across some of the drivers here already, some are great host btw.

I have found gtplanet a while ago 'lookin for a decent setup for -i think- the lmp mazda. On of the few premium LMP's in the game also my favorite amongst it's rivals.

Zandvoort +-80 miles
Nurburgring +-140 miles
Assen +-140 miles

When my dad (aka sponsor;-)) was still alive, i used to do trackdays frequently...

Not this way though. i learned about GTHQ (dutch GT5 forum) around end 2011. Always driven GHTQ events. Started a GTHQ championship this wednesdey (without thinking i suppose). Gotta host it every wednesday till end may

i'm happy, that i finally can see what my skill level means in comparison with the guys of GTPlanet
To be completely honest, i kinda lost track of my GTP quali... sent my time for division qualification 2 months ago & only learned now that it's processed and i have my division

I prefer damage full & only ABS or no ABS. I like both crappy tires & race tires.
I used a DFGT when i first learned about all these great communitys, now i'm using a G27 combined with a DIY simrig.

I probably came across some of the drivers here already, some are great host btw.

Welcome. As you probably know Wednesdays are our official race day too... maybe when your series is complete you can join us (@20:00 GMT). But in the meantime we also run weekend special events at least once a month. đź‘Ť And of course the time trials allow for completely flexible schedules.

We've got a large contingent of Belgian drivers here too... all quality racers (and people) too so they must put something in the water over there. :sly: Having all those tracks nearby can't hurt with motivation. Or maybe it's the chocolate?

Welcome. As you probably know Wednesdays are our official race day too... maybe when your series is complete you can join us (@20:00 GMT). But in the meantime we also run weekend special events at least once a month. đź‘Ť And of course the time trials allow for completely flexible schedules.

We've got a large contingent of Belgian drivers here too... all quality racers (and people) too so they must put something in the water over there. :sly: Having all those tracks nearby can't hurt with motivation. Or maybe it's the chocolate?

Thanks for the welcome, weekend events sound very interesting, 'gonna join one asap, at least, i wanna practice with GTP asap... ;-)

Also (NERDALERT); this is my "home sweet home" every evening & in the weekends;
img20130125145643.jpg

Thanks for the welcome, weekend events sound very interesting, 'gonna join one asap, at least, i wanna practice with GTP asap... ;-)

Also (NERDALERT); this is my "home sweet home" every evening & in the weekends; ....*image snip*...

Welcome to WRS, not been here long myself and am really enjoying the experience.

Nice rig đź‘Ť

Zandvoort +-80 miles
Nurburgring +-140 miles
Assen +-140 miles

Welcome :)

But I have to say that I was quite disappointed when your mods banned me from their championship saying that I drive with a DS3 and guys who drive with a DS3 are not clean drivers... :ill:

Hi Dries, and the rest I missed to greet. I'm sure you'll find some form of racing in the WRS that you'll like because there is plenty to choose from. The racing is clean and drivers care as least as much about respect than winning.

Last edited:

Also (NERDALERT); this is my "home sweet home" every evening & in the weekends;
img20130125145643.jpg

Hey Dries,

Welcome here, nice to see another Belgian driver đź‘Ť Hope you enjoy it here...

Apperently im not on the registery...

A little patience my friend :) , you only just submitted your qualifying times. You will have to wait for your official division ranking before you are a full GTP member.....hang in there, the hard bit is done (submitting your qualifier) :cheers:

Apperently im not on the registery...

Apparently you never submitted a qualifier... At least not properly because I never saw it. Did you PM your times per the qualifier instructions?

Hi all. I just wanted to stop and introduce myself before I had a go at the qualifier. My name is Brandon and I've been playing racing games as long as I can remember (mainly f-zero on Super Nintendo) and I received a ps3 with gt5 as a Christmas present from my wonderful wife after my Xbox had died (6th one on 5 years.) I mainly played Grid, Forza 3, and a little bit of Forza 4. After having gt5 for less than 2 months, I purchased a proper racing setup of an Obutto oZone, g27 and 24" BenQ monitor. I'm not near as fast on gt5 as I was on fm3 (had multiple top 10 times out of over 1.5 million people per track with a controller) but I hope that comes in time as I am still adjusting to the wheel!

Lets get to qualifying!!

Hi all. I just wanted to stop and introduce myself before I had a go at the qualifier. My name is Brandon and I've been playing racing games as long as I can remember (mainly f-zero on Super Nintendo) and I received a ps3 with gt5 as a Christmas present from my wonderful wife after my Xbox had died (6th one on 5 years.) I mainly played Grid, Forza 3, and a little bit of Forza 4. After having gt5 for less than 2 months, I purchased a proper racing setup of an Obutto oZone, g27 and 24" BenQ monitor. I'm not near as fast on gt5 as I was on fm3 (had multiple top 10 times out of over 1.5 million people per track with a controller) but I hope that comes in time as I am still adjusting to the wheel!

Lets get to qualifying!!

Good luck. đź‘Ť See you on track soon.

My name is Brandon *....clip...*

Good luck with the qualifiers Brandon đź‘Ť I like a good many on here am a Forza fan too and have only just moved over to a wheel which is proving to be harder than I thought :( . You'll have a bunch of fun in the WRS, they guys are all top notch and really helpful :cheers:

Good luck. đź‘Ť See you on track soon.

Good luck with the qualifiers Brandon đź‘Ť I like a good many on here am a Forza fan too and have only just moved over to a wheel which is proving to be harder than I thought :( . You'll have a bunch of fun in the WRS, they guys are all top notch and really helpful :cheers:

Thanks! Yea I don't understand why people have such hate for gt5 on Forza or vice versa. People act like its a cardinal sin if you like both games. Both have their place in their own right.
I'm starting to match my ds3 times with the wheel (which is not fast at al) but if the ds3 had better triggers, I wouldn't have bought the wheel.
From what I read, people are great in here and on the rest of the site in general. Which I will need all the help I can get, since I can't tune at all lol

Thanks! Yea I don't understand why people have such hate for gt5 on Forza or vice versa. People act like its a cardinal sin if you like both games. Both have their place in their own right.
I'm starting to match my ds3 times with the wheel (which is not fast at al) but if the ds3 had better triggers, I wouldn't have bought the wheel.
From what I read, people are great in here and on the rest of the site in general. Which I will need all the help I can get, since I can't tune at all lol

Agreed and thankfully there are no haters in the WRS Brandon, just good clean and awesomely fast racers that enjoy the competition with other like minded players. Sounds like you'll do just fine and good luck once again :cheers:

Back