New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
I can see your posts so they have been approved so you should be able to PM your time, it's odd if you can't.

I can see your posts so they have been approved so you should be able to PM your time, it's odd if you can't.

Hi Ash, thanks for your reply.

Yes i have already sent my qualifier time in correct format to Vaxxen so guess its just a matter of waiting now for it to be published.

Cant wait for GT Academy on 1st May

Yes, your qualifier still needs to be processed.
This will be posted in this thread.
Once that is done, you can submit your WRS laptimes to the Fetchbot and he will accept them.

Give it another week or so.

Hello all. Joined a couple day ago and sent in a qualifier. Been playing since GT1, and finally got decent wheel set up (DFGT+Playseat) for GT5. I wouldn't say I'm good, but I know that I'm not garbage lol. Honestly, I mostly concentrate on just not hitting anything or spinning out. I like to race clean. Any hard contact from me is accidental. Open to invites. Some cars I like to use:

Any Mazda FD
Amuse S2000
Nissan Calsonic Skyline (JGTC) ’00
Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car
Mazda 787b
Toyota MINOLTA 88C Race Car ’89
Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9 Race Car ’89

Aids off, ABS set to 1 but I still use the driving line for Nürburgring.
Intimidated to go in depth to tune though, but I believe I have a sheet or 2 for my 787b from GT5 tune.

Looking forward to TT's. Quick question. I PM'd Vaxen my registry qualifier before making any posts, but I see that my pm has been confirmed. Is it safe to assume that it's received or should I send another copy? Also, how often does the registry get updated?

Last edited:
^ Thanks for the welcome. The Laguna Mixed Class Enduro was actually what made me want sign up. I just wasn't sure if I had to wait until I was officially registered to be eligible to compete. If time permits, I'll be sure to give it a shot.

You can sign up and qualify with your GTP_Since80three account now, but participation will be contingent on you being added to the Registry in next week's batch. If the PM to Vaxen is being shown as "read", then you should have nothing to worry about. 👍

The PM I sent is only showing as "Confirmed". I'm assuming he got it, but just hadn't read it yet. Going over the rules as we speak for the enduro. I hardly ever raced online so all the technical stuff about the track/room rules and procedures are all new to me.

Hello everyone. GTP_Majyk here. Been with GT since #1 (I still have my PS 1 console and games). Qualifier's been accepted and I am waiting tooth-and-nail to see my division (I know that it could be a few, but I'm real curious to see where I rank). I have posted 1 set of splits for the wk. 62 event, but getting my new acct. up to par has been my priority thus far. I look forward to the new challenges in the weeks to come. Good luck to all!

The PM I sent is only showing as "Confirmed". I'm assuming he got it, but just hadn't read it yet. Going over the rules as we speak for the enduro. I hardly ever raced online so all the technical stuff about the track/room rules and procedures are all new to me.

I've read your entry, but haven't processed it yet. I hope to get the next set out sometime today.

"Division 5 Gold (5.000 - 5.333):

GTP_Since80three / Since80three / USA (5.034)"

Looking forward to climbing that ladder. :-D Thanks Vaxen.

Hi every one My name is Doug Just turned 45 I Live on the west coast of Canada been playing GT since 1 and still love the series. But I dont remember the last time I had as much fun as I did in the last few days with the WRS.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I'm Daniel from Italy (29 yrs) and I'm just preparing for the GTP Registry. It's been a long time now that I'm thinking of joining the WRS. Finally a few months ago I got my loved G27 Wheel and a Speedmaster V2.0 Seat and now I'm determined to try the GTP Registry and enter the WRS.
I know the GT Series since GT2, but missed GT3 and GT4. I bought my PS3 for the sole purpose of playing GT again and purchased the first PS3 (fat) bundled with GT5. After the first year with DS3 and reading some great stuff here on GTP, I knew I had to get a wheel to really enjoy the experience.
Looking back it was the best decision ever, now my love for GT is even stronger than before and I'm excited to compete with all you guys out there in those epic WRS Events.

I hope to get the GTP Registry done and see you around.

A special thanks in advance to the WRS Admin who have build up a fantastic series.

cya
n0iZe

Hi every one My name is Doug Just turned 45 I Live on the west coast of Canada been playing GT since 1 and still love the series. But I dont remember the last time I had as much fun as I did in the last few days with the WRS.

Cheers

Welcome to you and all new drivers.

Believe me, stick to it (what you probably will) and you will see you have not even experienced halve of it. I truely started enjoying GT5 the most these past two months, and i must admit that i have punched myself a couple of times, saying to myself ; Why oh why did you wait so long to register ??

Although i also have to admit that competing in the WRS has been my major spare time these couple of months, and yes we do have a long weekend coming up with rain forecast. I defenitly know what i will be doing : :gtpflag:

Hi everyone,
i´m Freddy from Germany, 41 and about 2 weeks equipped with a steering wheel...
Found this series and wanted to take part.
Started with Div5 Gold and now try to climb and have fun here.
See ya...

Welcome everybody,
my name is Julian and Im from Bochum, Germany. I got a DFGT since prologue but never used it, for gta 2012 I have started to and try to improve my times in the next few weeks.

OK, hi everyone. :cheers: I've heard this place is the home of clean racing for GT5 and that the WRS is really fun and friendly so here I am. I'm running the qualifier at the moment and hopefully I'll be submitting a time later. No idea how well I will do - there seem to be alot of very fast people here and some names are familiar from the Seasonal TT leaderboards. :scared:

Good luck anyone running the qualifier and/or waiting for their placement. That Nurburgring is a nightmare. :P

I did quite a bit of WRS in GT5:P but other work/life priorities came up. Going to try to get back in and spend a little time each week - looking forward to battling it out and seeing just how fast some of these aliens can go!

OK, hi everyone. :cheers: I've heard this place is the home of clean racing for GT5 and that the WRS is really fun and friendly so here I am. I'm running the qualifier at the moment and hopefully I'll be submitting a time later. No idea how well I will do - there seem to be alot of very fast people here and some names are familiar from the Seasonal TT leaderboards. :scared:

Good luck anyone running the qualifier and/or waiting for their placement. That Nurburgring is a nightmare. :P

👍 The parts in bold are spot on in my opinion. Clean, fun and friendly!

You'll find some close battles regardless of your speed or skill as the entire spectrum of drivers race and compete here... that's what makes it even better.

Welcome.

The best thing about WRS the the way you improve as a driver.
Take me for example, at the time I qualified for WRS I was pretty average, I overqualified so hard and I thought that I'll never be able to run on my handicap level (I considered myself as a D1 bronze at most).
I got the guts to start competing when my best track was in a combo (High Speeed Ring) which was about 2 month after my submission. I won and I was going to leave it at that but then Joao (UsualSuspect) made a certain post so I have changed my mind.
I've improved a lot, I may not be super fast but at least I can drive up to the standard I was given.
I will continue to take part in every arcade mode week (I have a problem with GT Life events, don't like running the car in and I can't tune) so I will continue to improve as a driver and have some great fun while doing so.
Thank you WRS. :gtpflag:

Back