New TT Videos

• Thread starter bludy
  • 61 comments
Why is it that these videos are always made by people who have no idea how to play a racing game?

Cool vids, but I can't say much for the skill of the driver.. lol.

Cool, finally some crash animations. Like the review said though, they still have a bit of time to work on it.

They got better at controlling it in the last 2 or 3 videos. You could tell they were not guys that have played too many bike games...trying to drive the bike in the first 2 videos.

:doubletake: Some one said CRASH!? :clicks links:

edit:

ehh... ok. that was a bit dissappointing although at least they have something. It's still unreallistic. So, since you can do a wheelie ( *****in you can fall off :lol: ) can you do a burnout or a 360 burnout? :dopey:

:ouch: if this is any indication of what GT5 will sound like I will seriously be upset. They should've gotten this right by now. :mad:

I was dissapointed too, the grass looks like it's wet asphalt with no bumps, the crashes are bad (you recover 1 sec after it), I just hope they fix these things before they launch it.

VIPFREAK
:ouch: if this is any indication of what GT5 will sound like I will seriously be upset. They should've gotten this right by now. :mad:

It's using the GT4 game engine, I wasn't really expecting it to sound any better. We'll have to wait for GT5 to see if they finally got their head around engine noise.

Kind of disappointed because of some the reasons that have already been mentioned

But I think the cockpit camera is absolute gold..have been waiting for that in GT (where you can see the inside of the car) since the beginning.

Xavier12
But I think the cockpit camera is absolute gold..have been waiting for that in GT (where you can see the inside of the car) since the beginning.

You ain't kiddin'... I don't think I'll ever drive from any other view, that's going to rock. :)

Chris Criswell
This looks exactly like GT4 by the way, just motorcycles, Big whoop!

I'm going to go out on a limb here...

You ARE aware that's exactly what TT is, right? GT4 with motorcycles? That's all it ever was. What were you expecting?

Two things.

A) The respawn after a crash needs to place you outside of the AI's line so they don't rearend the piss out of you.

B) There better be at least 20 bikes in the field. Any less and it's not crotch-rocket racing.

20 bikes will be a lot for the PS2 . Since we can see the driver move over his motorcycle it demands more power from the 5 years old PS2.

VIPFREAK
I'll pass... why don't they wait til the ps3? :dunce:

Maybe because it's built off of the PS2-based GT4 engine? And it's coming out before PS3 even launches?

As for the bike-count during races, bear in mind that these bikes and drivers have higher poly-counts than the cars in GT4. Which is why there are fewer during races.

Well, why couldn't they have waited and had an overall better game? PS3 isn't that far off... it's not like people are craving a motorbike game NOW. :dunce:

Looks ok to me so far, lots of bugs need to ironed out yet like the timing of the riders left foot and shifting. I love the stacks, too bad you respawn so quick, it seems to me if you fly off the track it will be quicker to stack and respawn on the road.

Why can the rider simply hit walls (head on) and subsequently fail to be thrown off? Does the riding gear provide some sort of physics defying bubble? At the moment Tourist Trophy looks far too forgiving, I guess for some people the 5 second penalty was too much in GT4.

Will TT see a Wet Tsukuba circuit, probably not!

ALPHA
I guess for some people the 5 second penalty was too much in GT4. Will TT see a Wet Tsukuba circuit, probably not!
The thing I absolutely hate the most about GT4 is that you can't set up penalties for bumping in a 2-player game. Just when I think I've beaten my 9-year-old on Nurburgring, he hits me from behind at 200mph at the final turns and wins without a penalty (except going to bed without dinner, of course).

Haha, That's classic Jackie.

Looks like this game is going to be arcade fun. Nothing wrong with that but I don't think it's going to live up to being the "Ultimate Riding Simulator"

Polyphony still have some work to do after seeing those videos....

Like mentioned earlier, the timing of the dude's left foot and the gearchanging isn't correct. I can't imagine the bike nuts who make the game can miss this.
Also, like has been said before, it seems as though the rider's hands aren't on the handlebars. If you go to http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Media/Media.htm?CS_pid={EDA7792D-786F-4ADB-A1D6-B83AFACA8217} you can see a Honda CBR 600RR being ridden in cockpit mode. If you look closely you will see his hands on the bars but it seems as if he's holding the bar ends. This is pretty lame because no one can ride like that. In the same clip with the Honda you'll see the analogue rev counter working perfectly but the digital speedo isn't working at all. So if you want to know how fast you're going you have to check on the bottom right of the screen. If they have a working rev counter, why not a working speedo?

In the first clip of the gameinformers site you see a Kawasaki ZX-10R on the Suzuka circuit. Is it me or is the sense of speed just absent? (In cockpit mode it isn't) It could be that they're riding the Japanese version of that bike which should be restricted.

I'm probably *****ing at lot because I want the game to be perfect, so hopefully they'll get these glitches sorted so we can tear up the Nordschleife in STYLE!! :sly:

So long as its better than xbox's MotoGP3, I'll be happy. I'm sure the simple animation stuff will be right by the time the game ships at least. The speedo will probably work too, didn't PD say the gaugues would all work?

Yeah I read somewhere too that all the gauges would work. And there was a clip of a bike in cockpit view that had a analogue rev counter and analogue speedo and they both worked. Could be that on a bike with a digital speedo, it won't work. Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see.

I'd really like to see the handlebars deflecting in the correct direction during turns. I don't expect countersteering to be implemented for the DS2, but I would like to see the correct animations during the turns. To see a bike traveling at 40+ mph turning right with the handlebars defelcted to the right is just plain goofy.

Back