New Update Coming 03/10/2019

• Thread starter Rizla
  • 121 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this forum is reserved for logic and a "sensible approach", I doubt if it will keep it's popularity or have the traffic it does. As long as the moderators keep it civil and organised within the forum rules [which I believe they do], members should be free to add whatever they think is a valued contribution. Others should read it like a newspaper - read the articles that interest you and ignore the ones that irritates you. BUT to criticize the journalist or Editor is just as senseless as a non sensible contribution.

Agree and disagree. GT stories are always gonna sell “newspapers.” Other content on this site seems to be filler.
If there are no quality stories to read, then generally there will be nothing good to discuss.
Therefore, many people fall back on flooding GT threads with off-topic and/or irrelevant posts.

Mods/writers curate and create the stories on here do they not? Makes them somewhat responsible for they way people engage here and contents of discussion topics around those stories.

I have my bets on an original circuit this time, maybe Mid-Field Raceway.

GT6's Mid-Field still looks pretty fresh for the current generation, just some minor adjustments and I'd believe it's ready to come for GT Sport.

i11OyaxyFTFJLhH.jpg

Yes it was, along with Apricot Hill. Both have been fully redesigned for GT6, just like GT5 Prologue did to High Speed Ring back then.

Hmm. If they follow the logic of the GT5/GT6 premiums slowly coming to GTS, then maybe we'll see those tracks at some point. I do find it strange that SSRX is the only fictional track that has made its return in GTS thus far.

Last edited:
Hmm. If they follow the logic of the GT5/GT6 premiums slowly coming to GTS, then maybe we'll see those tracks at some point. I do find it strange that SSRX is the only fictional track that has made its return in GTS thus far.

I had hoped that the inclusion of SSRX meant that they had dialed in a workflow for converting courses from GT6 to Sport and was expecting more older courses after that. I get the feeling that they are going to save the old classic courses for the GT7 offline demographic that would probably love them the most.

I had hoped that the inclusion of SSRX meant that they had dialed in a workflow for converting courses from GT6 to Sport and was expecting more older courses after that. I get the feeling that they are going to save the old classic courses for the GT7 offline demographic that would probably love them the most.
I have the exact same feeling. Maybe if we are really lucky, we"ll get 1 or 2 classic tracks at the end of the support for GT Sport. But I think PD is gonna save them for the next title on PS5. Imagine the hype generated if tracks like Deep Forest or Trial Mountain appear in full glory in a release trailer of GT7...

I have the exact same feeling. Maybe if we are really lucky, we"ll get 1 or 2 classic tracks at the end of the support for GT Sport. But I think PD is gonna save them for the next title on PS5. Imagine the hype generated if tracks like Deep Forest or Trial Mountain appear in full glory in a release trailer of GT7...

While that makes a lot of sense and is certainly a realistic scenario, the selfish part of me wants at least one of them back in GTS. GT7 feels like it could be a few more years out anyway.

I noticed some interesting stuff regarding the last two GT games on PS3:

-GT5's XL Edition was released about two years after launch, with its last known update (according to the GT wikia) being 2.5 years almost to the day after launch. Not long after, GT6 was released. GT5 also went from v1.13 straight to "Spec 2.0" around 9 months after launch; there was about a month between v1.13 and 2.0.

-As for GT6, its last known update was nearly two years to the day after launch, being in December 2015. Unlike GT5, it didn't have a Spec 2.0, as the last known update was v1.22. About two years after the release of v1.22, GTS was released.

So we could see an update that suddenly jumps to v2.0, as with GT5. I'd bet it'd be sometime before the end of this year, as I think we'll be formally obtaining the tire model from Michelin in October, plus there's the Taycan coming then, too. If the release of this 2.0 edition of GTS means anything, then I'd bet an actual 2.0 update for GTS would be coming in October.

Last edited:
Firstly, what?

Secondly, the moderators have nothing to do with the site's news section. Indeed no moderators are also writers.

Thirdly, do you think that the largest Gran Turismo news outlet in existence should not be reporting on the news of a new edition of or update to Gran Turismo (and explaining what it is and isn't, clearly, so there's no confusion) - in this case an update that their game is notifying them of when they log in?

Fourthly, news comments threads are tied into existing comments threads - where they exist - because they are where the conversation is already happening, thus minimising duplication, and to drop in the news article stating the facts about the subject so that conversation participants can avoid confusion. No-one who's actually read the article we put in here - which is actually a thread plus posts moved from a second thread - would be hyped for anything at all.

Finally... what? We have an entire forum for people to post things they want in the games precisely because people can't stop themselves from posting wishlists anywhere they can (because for some reason they think that what's important to them [and will occupy them for four minutes until the next thing] is actually important, and going on about it will get them what they want). It happens even on Gran Turismo's own official feeds too, and Kazunori Yamauchi's. Pretty sure they're not inspired by our articles.

Do you think if we hadn't put up an article about it, this thread - which started two hours before I even woke up that day, and three before I wrote the article - would have no self-hyped comments about the update's potential content? Given that there's four hopeful posts in here about Spa, Spec II and the Taycan before the article even went live?
Well who chooses the news? And why does every article on the website need a thread on the forum? In this instance, having a news article to inform people about a small patch is all that's needed in my opinion. Threads like these are just a waste of space.

I noticed some interesting stuff regarding the last two GT games on PS3:

-GT5's XL Edition was released about two years after launch, with its last known update (according to the GT wikia) being 2.5 years almost to the day after launch. Not long after, GT6 was released. GT5 also went from v1.13 straight to "Spec 2.0" around 9 months after launch; there was about a month between v1.13 and 2.0.

-As for GT6, its last known update was nearly two years to the day after launch, being in December 2015. Unlike GT5, it didn't have a Spec 2.0, as the last known update was v1.22. About two years after the release of v1.22, GTS was released.

So we could see an update that suddenly jumps to v2.0, as with GT5. I'd bet it'd be sometime before the end of this year, as I think we'll be formally obtaining the tire model from Michelin in October, plus there's the Taycan coming then, too. If the release of this 2.0 edition of GTS means anything, then I'd bet an actual 2.0 update for GTS would be coming in October.
Man, that's history. :sly:

Well who chooses the news? And why does every article on the website need a thread on the forum? In this instance, having a news article to inform people about a small patch is all that's needed in my opinion. Threads like these are just a waste of space.
The thread existed before the article. What's wrong with people discussing whatever they want? Some threads won't interest you. You can choose to not get involved.

Yup, no trailer after all. Definitely a bug fix update, so don't get disappointed if the Taycan or Spa don't come in 1.46

I hope they don't change the rain physics, I'm halfway through trying out all the GR.3 cars on Tokyo!

Although some BOP changes would be welcome, it's mostly Ford GTs at Tokyo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back