New videos from the Nürburgring (Read the 1st post!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 714 comments
  • 74,051 views
PS3 must have power to spare if they could add the spectators and campers, with no ill effects!

The 24 hour circuit is nice a long - hope there is a point to point track of the same length for driving pleasure!
something like Rastafargaran Highway and Stelvio Pass region roads :drool:

The PS3 does have mega powers, did you see FFXIII? :eek:
 

In the R8 video above, pause it at 0:36. What is the car that is before the R8 on the selection screen? I see "r Leggera".

Super Leggera...

Probably the Amuse 350Z Super Leggera. 👍
 
In the R8 video above, pause it at 0:36. What is the car that is before the R8 on the selection screen? I see "r Leggera".

Super Leggera...
[/B][/FONT]

I hope so . . . however, I'm sure Lamborghini spells it Superleggera, one word.
 

Found something in this video. :lol:
GT5_Nurburgring_GP_shot_by_gtone339.jpg
 
I don't believe this demo even represents the final gold GT5 IMO

The track itself might be the final GT5 article, but the sounds, physics, AI and other stuff are probably the exact same as the CES demo.
All they did was just put in new track data and menu
 
Any body noticed the time of day?

Change it has.
 
Still has a way to go, glitches in the gravel, sparks and the annoying AI (the one that follows the exact line of other cars and always picks up the same bit of dust)

I'm sure it will get done.
 
there are skidemarks in the r8 video at 1.40

Sure it's amazing just a few seemed to notice. :) specially being a subject discussed to death.

They look nice btw! :dopey:
 
Someone please tell me those are real skidmarks and not track textures by default :eek:. (I'm watching youtube videos on the ps3 and the quality is crap)
 
there are skidemarks in the r8 video at 1.40

Sure it's amazing just a few seemed to notice. :) specially being a subject discussed to death.

They look nice btw! :dopey:

Someone please tell me those are real skidmarks and not track textures by default :eek:. (I'm watching youtube videos on the ps3 and the quality is crap)

I don't know. To me, it looks like the skidmarks were already there. I might be wrong.
 
Last edited:
I don't know. To me, it looks like the skidmarks were already there. I might be wrong.

To be honest, it's true, they seem to be there already... :scared:
 
they are already there, however who ****ing cares about skidmarks.
 
they are already there, however who ****ing cares about skidmarks.
Yep, the mark was already there, but why the cursing over people who want something so trivial in a game? The fact that countless racing games going back decades have skidmarks should be reason enough for their inclusion. Just like working reverse lights, glowing brakes etc. should be no-brainers. If making a perfect game means leaving out the small details, it can't ever be perfect can it? I know, no game is ever perfect, it was a figurative statement.
 
What so wrong with sparks?
IT'S JUST A *SYMBOL* THAT YOU HIT SOMETHING!
 
I believe it's a drainage gutter thingy, not a skidmark. When the Audi turns around back onto the track, you can make out a pattern in the grate.

I was also a bit disappointed by the fact that the audi still does not leave a trace in the graveltrap. Still one big uniform texture, dust gets kicked up but no traces of you plowing through afterwards.
 
I believe it's a drainage gutter thingy, not a skidmark. When the Audi turns around back onto the track, you can make out a pattern in the grate.

I was also a bit disappointed by the fact that the audi still does not leave a trace in the graveltrap. Still one big uniform texture, dust gets kicked up but no traces of you plowing through afterwards.

Oh and why are some of the lining trees on the Nordschleife a much more saturated green compared to the trees further up the hills? (Don't give me 'distance blur or fog') In some places they really stand out, and it's not like they're a different type of tree.
QFT!

Seriously people, I suggest looking for an alternative hobby, because clearly some of you are never going to be happy. If it's not one thing it's another, getting more and more petty as we see each new build.

Don't get me wrong, I aint' saying it's perfect, but there comes a point where it is clearly more than good enough to serve its purpose, and I feel it has more than reached that point now.
 
The new 'Ring looks absolutely amazing. Good job PD.

And all you guys who doubted Yamauchi-san... The boo-box.
 
normally I would agree with you but skidmarks is just a so simple feature. It just doesn't do the rest of the graphics justice when they are missing. Also if GT5 is going to be realistic they are a necessity
 
If they don't care about skidmarks why is there pavement full of them around every curve but your car is not able to do them? That's weird attitude for me. It's certainly caused by lack of performance needed to draw 500.000 polygons on every car even when a car on the screen often doesn't even occupy 5.000 pixels.

But new ring looks fantastic! :drool:👍
 
Last edited:
1.thx for the vids
2.Awesome game but without new features (old demo )
3.this (old)version of the game is AWESOME for me and i cant wait for the final version of the game with the new features ,than it will be incredible for me XD i cant find words for that
 
People are used to complain about the lack of info on the game, but when we finally get some new info and video footage, the first thing that the same people do is complain about skidmarks, trees and irrelevant details. Useless. 👎

Skidmarks on trees? :lol: If it improves the overall experience, why not?
 
If they add skidmarks, then people complain that they aren't 3D modelled onto the track, and that the rubber it lays down doesn't give extra grip. Then people will also be questioning whether the rubber layed down happened in a realistic way, for a realistic length of time and skidmarks are of a realistic length. Some will say they're too dark/light.

There will also be those that take close up images, showing that the skidmarks is slightly wider or narrower than the tyre it came from.

To be honest, it's hassle PD could do without. The forum is better off with a few people complaing about the lack of skidmarks, than an abundance of people complaining about how they aren't spot on life-like/realistic.

Turn10 can get away with minor things like that. PD can't, because everyone expects it to be perfect.

Skidmarks on trees? :lol: If it improves the overall experience, why not?

Yeah, Kaz can put it in the game at anytime... etc. :sly:
 
Last edited:
2D or 3D, did someone check if it was the right variety of trees?:dunce:
 
Back