New videos from the Nürburgring (Read the 1st post!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 714 comments
  • 74,051 views
zod
Why are you so pissed? I think it looks great, even if it's not 100% realistic ...it doesn't affect gameplay, so I don't mind.

Tyre smoke also doesn't affect gameplay.
Engine sound also doesn't affect gameplay.

But here we talk about a sim, not a sandbox game.
 
I must say, before I came here, I had no idea that the trees mattered so much to some! :scared: I think they are just fine, they serve their purpose and don't bog the game down. Anyways, there are other, far more important things that PD should focus on.
 
Last edited:
I do. But not everyone can be satisfied. Plus, why would anyone care about trees? GT stands for "Gran Turismo", not "Gorgeous Trees". You'll be going so fast you won't even care.



👍:dunce::nervous::drool::dopey::sly:
 
I must say, before I came here, I had no idea that the trees mattered so much to some! :scared: I think they are just fine, they serve their purpose and don't bog the game down. Good enough for me!

Me too. I didn't notice that GT didn't have reverse lights, skid marks or 3D trees until I started visiting this site 3 years ago. I was surprised by how much people complained about everything. Give me all the 2D trees in the world!!!!!
 
Last edited:
Sorry to sound off topic but WOW!!!

This thread's only started today, and its 13 pages long!

Goes to show really how popular gtplanet is, and how so many are really craving for the release of GT5!
 
zod
Didn't anybody think about those trees only being a temporary solution? To finish the demo in time for the 24h race? You guys don't really believe PD would ship the game with such trees? :lol:
They did spend years perfecting the visuals so I don't think that something as noticeable as that won't be fixed in the full version.

I also think that those "sparks" are far from those (if there will be any) we will see in the full game, the fact that you can even see them in cockpitview should prove that :)
Those 2D cardboard cutout trees are staying. It's how they have always been, and I'm sure that if they could have got away with using decent 3D models, they would have. Besides, I'm buying the game for racing, not admiring the trees in 18MP resolution screenshots. In-game, driving along at 100mph+ with trees in my peripheral vision, they are as detailed as they need to be.

As for the sparks, I can't see what the fuss is about either way, but as a new addition I am sure that is something they could work on if people are not happy with them.
 
So has this "tree" thing become GTPlanet's legacy?
 
Sparks need some work. I'm fine with PD providing some visual confirmation of contact, but what we're seeing in these (no doubt beta versions) demos is not up to their own standards, much less this forum's craziness.
 
I don't won't this tree topic to become overgrown:p, but you must admit, if you're honest, that the trees with 3d trunks and branches close by the track(as in every modern game) would actually create a better sense of atmosphere, depth and speed compared to oldschool cutout trees.
On the other hand, I seriously doubt we'll get them in this iteration of the game(so I won't cry about it), although it sadly wouldn't be either hard to accomplish, or that taxing on the system.
Also, what's with fanboy gang-banging on everyone on this forum that notices something that's not satisfying about this game??(things that should have been addressed, but haven't been for years, like AI,sound, skidmarks, trees, etc.) These things come up again and again for a reason you know...
 

O gosh. I never thought I'd accidently name a video game.

So, I thereby claim the rights to this games title as the man who invented it. (wow, I never thought I'd say that either)

Nice cover by the way.
 
Last edited:
I like 2d trees, sorta retro.
 
The sound is pretty good
Yeah, I noticed that, especially in that full-lap video.

Also nice to see someone test driving this game at a show that actually knows what they're on about.

I'm also not too keen on the rotating Forza-style map. This is the first I've seen of it. Hopefully there will be an option for the old-school full-track map. For me, the map isn't about seeing where the next turn is.. my experience tells me that. I just like seeing at a glance where I am on the track as a whole, especially the big mamas like the 'Ring.
 
I'm also not too keen on the rotating Forza-style map. This is the first I've seen of it. Hopefully there will be an option for the old-school full-track map. For me, the map isn't about seeing where the next turn is.. my experience tells me that. I just like seeing at a glance where I am on the track as a whole, especially the big mamas like the 'Ring.
I remember that there was an option to change how the map was displayed in the GT Academy demo, so I'm pretty sure we'll be able to do that in the full game as well.
 
Man I'm craving for a new video. Hopefully somebody put some up 👍
 
They have even added some dirty parts on the painted curbs
PD must have went back recently to re-do the track, as they have the Roller Coaster from last year in it, on the GP circuit

old
9zvvqq.png


New
2dtadg3.png
 
Last edited:
Nice to see the skies totally different. One looks beautiful, the other more dreary. Perhaps rain in the forecast?
 
They have even added some dirty parts on the painted curbs
PD must have went back recently to re-do the track, as they have the Roller Coaster from last year in it on the GP circuit

old
http://i43.tinypic.com/9zvvqq.png[ /IMG]

New
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2dtadg3.png[ /IMG][/QUOTE]

There's a lot of new stuff on the track, the signs that show which track part you just entered are new (Yokohama sponsoring instead of the old green with the yellow font) and the FiA safety fence is now there too.
 
I'm also not too keen on the rotating Forza-style map. This is the first I've seen of it. Hopefully there will be an option for the old-school full-track map. For me, the map isn't about seeing where the next turn is.. my experience tells me that. I just like seeing at a glance where I am on the track as a whole, especially the big mamas like the 'Ring.

As someone mentioned there's option for two types of map- the rotating and the full map. In the TT demo you also have the option of how much of the map will show on the screen (in km or miles). And it also has the only option I've ever used: OFF :)
 
PS3 must have power to spare if they could add the spectators and campers, with no ill effects!

The 24 hour circuit is nice a long - hope there is a point to point track of the same length for driving pleasure!
something like Rastafargaran Highway and Stelvio Pass region roads :drool:
 
They have even added some dirty parts on the painted curbs
PD must have went back recently to re-do the track, as they have the Roller Coaster from last year in it, on the GP circuit

old
9zvvqq.png


New
2dtadg3.png

Based on those pictures, I'll bet money that the only reason they ever showed the GT4 version in HD is because they hadn't finished the new one yet. I mean, imagine how LONG it probably took them!
 
Wow, how I don't like this guy... I thought timing equipment is not allowed?!


Back on topic: The only thing still bothering me is the HUD, it looks so stale, irritating, boring, unsuitable, uninspired, all at the same time, I just hope they let us turn the thing off completely.
Actually all I need is time and lap counter, everything else is just distracting. Same with the player names in online races, what's that? Do I need a reminder that I'm playing a videogame like... constantly? Please no!

What else, oh yeah nice driving in the R8 video. :crazy:
I didn't watch it to the end, maybe he gotten better, but the AWD_______0______100 -thingy was too much for my nerves...
 
Does the paddle shift animation look better i think so! Also you can actually see the paddle move when he hits it i love PD! 👍
 

In the R8 video above, pause it at 0:36. What is the car that is before the R8 on the selection screen? I see "r Leggera".

Super Leggera...
 
Deleted to move over to the other thread. I do not want to continue to hijack this thread with trees.
 
Back