New videos from the Nürburgring (Read the 1st post!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 714 comments
  • 74,051 views
+
For me the main criticisim still is with the jaggies and this shawdowing of trees looks very much like a moire pattern being very patchy and blocky. It may be a limit with the shadowing and something they cant avoid. However it makes me wonder will I find it off putting using cockpit view and thats a concern because Id like to use the headtracking in the cockpit view.

Example:
2ewd1xe.png


I appreciate the links of the vids but go easy on the guy complaining about the trees.
Hes right its a bit of a weak spot however their has to be a compromise and personally Id prefer to have such great car models with animated active aero at the expense of tree detail.

Keep in mind that screenshot you have is several frames blurred... as you can see almost nothing is clear in that picture. The trees are blurred, etc. That might be just a result of the camera/recording equipment. Also, I'm sure that the blotchy shadows are just results of the trees, and not going to be that way for the actual car shadows or shadows caused by buildings/architecture.
 
Looks good to me.. If I'm Sony.. package, sell, profit! :D :D
 
Well, I've just watched through all those videos again (including the in car one twice ;)) and I think that GT5 is looking really good 👍

The sparks were a bit strange and the in car shadows were a bit jagged (as many others have stated) but I'm sure Kaz won't allow them to stay like that for final release :)

In my opinion everything I have seen there is a giant leap forward from GT5P. When Prologue came out I put it in the machine and was amazed by the quality of everything I was seeing, the demo was far better than I expected it could be :eek:

I have just got a real impression now that the same thing could happen when I finally get my hands on GT5 :drool:

Thanks for posting all these vids guys, keep them coming :sly:
 
Come on guys.. if that's all the bad you can find, pd has done a MARVELLOUS job. Start thinking with some logic and stop the ridiculous complaining.
 
I think it looks great and amazing! And to those about the 2D trees, how practical is it to have 3D trees on a track where there are thousands of them? I mean, if you ever done any 3d modeling, a few 3d trees will bring down viewport speed significantly.
 
Come on guys.. if that's all the bad you can find, pd has done a MARVELLOUS job. Start thinking with some logic and stop the ridiculous complaining.

👍

Only trees and sparks this time. Looks like PD are finally learning their lesson.;)
 
No not the trees discussion again ,as mentioned a few pages ago the R8 video looks like a Track day lets hope for online track days though .This build is probably the Beta so don't expect massive changes to this build(as if it needs some).
 
I think it looks great and amazing! And to those about the 2D trees, how practical is it to have 3D trees on a track where there are thousands of them? I mean, if you ever done any 3d modeling, a few 3d trees will bring down viewport speed significantly.

Oh yes, especially with some proper shadows.
 
Seems to me like they can't win. Now we got people moaning about the sparks as well as the trees. On top of that, we have the usual poor AI, no skid marks, and only 8 cars on track whinings.

The fact that we have seen hood cam is news enough for me 👍
 
Keep in mind that screenshot you have is several frames blurred... as you can see almost nothing is clear in that picture. The trees are blurred, etc. That might be just a result of the camera/recording equipment. Also, I'm sure that the blotchy shadows are just results of the trees, and not going to be that way for the actual car shadows or shadows caused by buildings/architecture.
Yeah, those shadows artifacts are not worth mentioning, the vid is badly captured and processed and look upscaled, not HD. The same weird shadows did appear in some tv vids from the Tokyo track and look perfect in others.

This is a more realistic view of the cokpit shadows at original 60fps:

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_gran_turismo_5_tgs09_gameplay-13015_en.html
 
This is really great 👍

Spark, trees, damages...it's not that important if driving sensations, feeling, sense of speed...is well done in the game.

Hummm test drive all cars i could afford at the nurburgring during hours and hours:bowdown:
 
I really like the new menu layout as shown in the last video (Audi R8). It looks a lot like FM3, but I kinda liked FM3's menus better than GT's anyway.
 
Didn't anybody think about those trees only being a temporary solution? To finish the demo in time for the 24h race? You guys don't really believe PD would ship the game with such trees? :lol:
They did spend years perfecting the visuals so I don't think that something as noticeable as that won't be fixed in the full version.

I also think that those "sparks" are far from those (if there will be any) we will see in the full game, the fact that you can even see them in cockpitview should prove that :)
 
To finish the demo in time for the 24h race? You guys don't really believe PD would ship the game with such trees?
Yes, because they're fine this way, anyone who thinks otherwise shouldn't be allowed to play the game.
 
Yes, because they're fine this way, anyone who thinks otherwise shouldn't be allowed to play the game.

Sure they are fine, I don't mind them being 2D - because I, like probably everyone else here won't notice them while driving :)
But the fact that PD worked so hard on the visuals makes me think, that it won't look that way in the full game.
 
zod
Didn't anybody think about those trees only being a temporary solution? To finish the demo in time for the 24h race? You guys don't really believe PD would ship the game with such trees?

I do. But not everyone can be satisfied. Plus, why would anyone care about trees? GT stands for "Gran Turismo", not "Gorgeous Trees". You'll be going so fast you won't even care.
 
I do. But not everyone can be satisfied. Plus, why would anyone care about trees? GT stands for "Gran Turismo", not "Gorgeous Trees". You'll be going so fast you won't even care.

Gorgeous trees thats funny bro :lol:
 
Yes, because they're fine this way, anyone who thinks otherwise shouldn't be allowed to play the game.

OH Snap!!!👍👍

Good thing I like the trees!!:sly:
 
Yep, I hope too they keep it that way, maybe work on the sparks so you can't see them in cockpit view, but I hope they have much more up their sleeves ( backfire, adjustable view anyone ?)
 
I really like the new menu layout as shown in the last video (Audi R8). It looks a lot like FM3, but I kinda liked FM3's menus better than GT's anyway.

Idk, I liked the older menu. It wasn't as blinding (my screen is bright lol). Also, I hope they have a better car picking solution than just scrolling through vehicles...
 
Think the sparks were added just to stop us debating 2D trees, skidmarks, reverse-lights and functioning cup-holders.
Has it worked? Nope....just one more pointless topic dividing opinions.
At least there's some nice vids and hope for more to come perhaps in the coming days........:)
 
Its funny 2d trees, old graphics, bad lighting, bad car models and bad textures hasn't stopped the millions of GTR2, GTR Evolution, Race On, rFactor, LFS and Richard Burns Rally players from playing their favorite game. So why the hell should we complain? Its not about the damn trees, its about driving.
 
Its funny 2d trees, old graphics, bad lighting, bad car models and bad textures hasn't stopped the millions of GTR2, GTR Evolution, Race On, rFactor, LFS and Richard Burns Rally players from playing their favorite game. So why the hell should we complain? Its not about the damn trees, its about driving.

+1:tup:
 
Its funny 2d trees, old graphics, bad lighting, bad car models and bad textures hasn't stopped the millions of GTR2, GTR Evolution, Race On, rFactor, LFS and Richard Burns Rally players from playing their favorite game. So why the hell should we complain? Its not about the damn trees, its about driving.

The most sensible thing I think I have ever heard in this thread! 👍
 
At 200 km/h you look the road not the trees, i prefer better cars and major sense of speed than look a 3d tree
 
Its funny 2d trees, old graphics, bad lighting, bad car models and bad textures hasn't stopped the millions of GTR2, GTR Evolution, Race On, rFactor, LFS and Richard Burns Rally players from playing their favorite game. So why the hell should we complain? Its not about the damn trees, its about driving.

Thank you. 👍

I like the ''new'' version of the nordschleife. It seems more alive and realistic, they did a good job. So stop being cry babies about the trees.
 
Its funny 2d trees, old graphics, bad lighting, bad car models and bad textures hasn't stopped the millions of GTR2, GTR Evolution, Race On, rFactor, LFS and Richard Burns Rally players from playing their favorite game. So why the hell should we complain? Its not about the damn trees, its about driving.

Well said sir.

Why are people complaining about the sparks? I loved the sparks in GT3 and GT4. I missed them in GT5P. Its nice to see them back.
 
Is it me, or are sparks not necessary when it comes to two cars banging doors at relatively the same speed? (Like when the Nissan 380Z and Audi TT collide).

I've only seen sparks when a piece of metal (moving at high speeds) comes in contact with a stationary object (like the pavement).

Please don't hang me for criticizing GT5. (Like you did with people who wanted 3-d trees)

I'm just pointing it out, that's all.
 
You are correct sir.
 
Back