New videos from the Nürburgring (Read the 1st post!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 714 comments
  • 74,051 views
I believe it's a drainage gutter thingy, not a skidmark. When the Audi turns around back onto the track, you can make out a pattern in the grate.

I was also a bit disappointed by the fact that the audi still does not leave a trace in the graveltrap. Still one big uniform texture, dust gets kicked up but no traces of you plowing through afterwards.

Been past only 6 years, you are specting too much.

Sorry my english.
 
No skidmarks on trees :(

Then my life is not complete! 👎
PD should take the entire game, scratch it and re release it on PS4 when they get more processing power
 
Cool, just another reason to add to the list of why not to use that particular view! :lol:

Cool, just another pointless detail not persuading me to change from interior view.........:)
 
I'm always amazed by the amount of ridicule and apologetics spewed by the blinders-wearing fanboys around here.:ouch:
"Everybody shut up and don't dare to criticize his holiness, Gran Turismo V":rolleyes:

You know, there's a line between being a big fan(and wanting your favorite game to be better in every way with each iteration) and being a mindless fanboy(believing your favorite game is the bestest as is, and if someone is not agreeing with your view, then they are obviously wrong by default and must be ridiculed and insulted immediately).
Try not crossing that line, it makes you look like a douche.
 
I'm always amazed by the amount of ridicule and apologetics spewed by the blinders-wearing fanboys around here.:ouch:
"Everybody shut up and don't dare to criticize his holiness, Gran Turismo V":rolleyes:

You know, there's a line between being a big fan(and wanting your favorite game to be better in every way with each iteration) and being a mindless fanboy(believing your favorite game is the bestest as is, and if someone is not agreeing with your view, then they are obviously wrong by default and must be ridiculed and insulted immediately).
Try not crossing that line, it makes you look like a douche.

Not sure as to whether this is adressed to me, if so I merely pointed out not changing my prefered viewpoint ( interior ) and was jokingly aiming it as a response to TokyoDrift.
Doesn't mean I'm uncritical by default concerning anything GT5-related, just not concerned much about those, to my eyes at least, tiny details.:)
 
I'm always amazed by the amount of ridicule and apologetics spewed by the blinders-wearing fanboys around here.:ouch:
"Everybody shut up and don't dare to criticize his holiness, Gran Turismo V":rolleyes:

You know, there's a line between being a big fan(and wanting your favorite game to be better in every way with each iteration) and being a mindless fanboy(believing your favorite game is the bestest as is, and if someone is not agreeing with your view, then they are obviously wrong by default and must be ridiculed and insulted immediately).
Try not crossing that line, it makes you look like a douche.

Um... Wha?

So we've seen vast improvements in the track that people were complaining was just a rehashed version of GT4s track. But instead of praising the improvements, they decide to move onto another insignificant detail to criticise?

I think it's only fair we ridicule those that focus 100% on the negative aspects. Constructive critiscism is constructive. Saying 'No Skidmarks' is not constructive.
 
I'm always amazed by the amount of ridicule and apologetics spewed by the blinders-wearing fanboys around here.:ouch:

You give way toooooo much credit to those who are simply complaining.
 
I'm always amazed by the amount of ridicule and apologetics spewed by the blinders-wearing fanboys around here.:ouch:
"Everybody shut up and don't dare to criticize his holiness, Gran Turismo V":rolleyes:

You know, there's a line between being a big fan(and wanting your favorite game to be better in every way with each iteration) and being a mindless fanboy(believing your favorite game is the bestest as is, and if someone is not agreeing with your view, then they are obviously wrong by default and must be ridiculed and insulted immediately).
Try not crossing that line, it makes you look like a douche.

Warning of inmediate quotes!!!
 
Cool, just another pointless detail not persuading me to change from interior view.........:)
Not trying to persuade anybody! From where I sit relative to the TV, using the cockpit view (we must get the wording on that right!) with a fixed camera is about as realistic as trying to drive my real car sat in the back seat.
 
I'm always amazed by the amount of ridicule and apologetics spewed by the blinders-wearing fanboys around here.:ouch:
"Everybody shut up and don't dare to criticize his holiness, Gran Turismo V":rolleyes:

You know, there's a line between being a big fan(and wanting your favorite game to be better in every way with each iteration) and being a mindless fanboy(believing your favorite game is the bestest as is, and if someone is not agreeing with your view, then they are obviously wrong by default and must be ridiculed and insulted immediately).
Try not crossing that line, it makes you look like a douche.

The point isn't a criticizing prohibition, but more of a reasonable and rational line of thinking. We've been told by PD that GT5 is built from scratch, and that they spent lots of time and effort to perfect the track textures and car models, physics and a huge online mode. Criticizing points which are ( in my opinion ), irrelevant to the current release of the game seems innappropriate.

Lack of skidmarks, 3D trees, sparks, birds, gravel trails and many other little details are irrelevant to GT5, maybe PD address these "issues" in the next generation consoles, but not now. The game struggles to run at 1080p 60fps, and featuring 16 cars stunningly detailed, I can't see any more room to put these things without downgrading textures or racing with less cars on the grid.
 
Lack of skidmarks, 3D trees, sparks, birds, gravel trails and many other little details are irrelevant to GT5, maybe PD address these "issues" in the next generation consoles, but not now. The game struggles to run at 1080p 60fps, and featuring 16 cars stunningly detailed, I can't see any more room to put these things without downgrading textures or racing with less cars on the grid.
See, I kinda' disagree. If Kaz is such a perfectionist, the little details should be relevant to GT5. If the game struggles to run at 60fps in 1080p with 16 stunningly detailed cars on track, maybe they should have made it run at 60fps in 720p with 12 stunningly detailed cars on track, leaving plenty of headroom to squeeze in the little details. Sure, individually each little detail is what it is, but collectively they all add up.
 
Not trying to persuade anybody! From where I sit relative to the TV, using the cockpit view (we must get the wording on that right!) with a fixed camera is about as realistic as trying to drive my real car sat in the back seat.

I was refering to the sparks not persuading me to change from interior view, not anything you will say about interior view being unrealistic or not will persuade me to change from interior view........;)
And perhaps I'm sitting closer to the TV........
 
I was refering to the sparks not persuading me to change from interior view, not anything you will say about interior view being unrealistic or not will persuade me to change from interior view........;)
And perhaps I'm sitting closer to the TV........
If you sit close enough to the TV that it simulates how close your head would be to the windscreen, and fills your peripheral vision, I'd be worried about long-term damage to my eyes!
 
If you sit close enough to the TV that it simulates how close your head would be to the windscreen, and fills your peripheral vision, I'd be worried about long-term damage to my eyes!

Do you have any proof that sitting close to tv do damage your eyes? I think that is a old myth..
 
See, I kinda' dissagree. If Kaz is such a perfectionist, the little details should be relevant to GT5. If the game struggles to run at 60fps in 1080p with 16 stunningly detailed cars on track, maybe they should have made it run at 60fps in 720p with 12 stunningly detailed cars on track, leaving plenty of headroom to squeeze in the little details. Sure, individually each little detail is what it is, but collectively they all add up.

I disagree, partially.

He's such a perfectionist, yeah, that's pretty clear since he takes too much time to make his games, however, I would choose 720p with 24 cars and no litte details.

Details are what makes GT a great game to play, but since this is a whole new code, featuring whole new features blend with the classic GT mode, I couldn't care less for the minor details, I want to enjoy the game as it is, a great improvement over GT4 and GT5P. What PD achieved so far is fantastic, of course, I would love to see skidmarks and real life-like trees, but I wouldn't trade a single car in the grid for one of these details.
 
If you sit close enough to the TV that it simulates how close your head would be to the windscreen, and fills your peripheral vision, I'd be worried about long-term damage to my eyes!

What did you just write there? "ff it lose enuff tt TV bla bla something eyes?";)
Seriously, close enough not feeling like sitting on the backseat, still far enough not to damage my eye-sight in the long-term.
 
See, I kinda' disagree. If Kaz is such a perfectionist, the little details should be relevant to GT5. If the game struggles to run at 60fps in 1080p with 16 stunningly detailed cars on track, maybe they should have made it run at 60fps in 720p with 12 stunningly detailed cars on track, leaving plenty of headroom to squeeze in the little details. Sure, individually each little detail is what it is, but collectively they all add up.

That is what you would do, just like others, others that make racing games, except those racing games are not as successful as Gran Turismo.
 
Do you have any proof that sitting close to tv do damage your eyes? I think that is a old myth..

You can get eye-strain from it which is just fatigued or tired eyes... You also get this when you sit in a dark room with the TV on... Have you ever noticed that you start to squint at a certain point? Thats eye strain... but if Im not mistaken it cant hurt your eyes over long term....

Several other sources confirmed that sitting smack dab in front of the TV does not damage your eyes. According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, kids, the usual culprits, can focus up close better than adults, so they often develop the habit of sitting right in front of the television. However, sitting too close to the TV may indicate that your child needs glasses.

Source: http://ask.yahoo.com/20021230.html
 
You can get eye-strain from it which is just fatigued or tired eyes... You also get this when you sit in a dark room with the TV on... Have you ever noticed that you start to squint at a certain point? Thats eye strain... but if Im not mistaken it cant hurt your eyes over long term....
Yeah I have noticed that, but like your quote, I doubt that it can really damage your eyes.

sorry for the off topic :O
 
Edit: already been discussed, two pages ago. Sorry
 
i wanted to look if anyone has post a reply or anything like this for my comment but than i saw that i cant find my post because here was too many post in a short time written ...
than i started to read the first pages a 2nd time and i saw that some people think that it was the "final"version of the game

i think/know that it was a old demo
in the final game will be damage/night/tire grip penalty/3d gras/and much more but we saw nothing of that in the videos (but in old videos we saw the new features )

In this demo was no new features !
you dont need to talk about some new/old features because gt doesnt showed any real features in the demo ...
 
I doubt we will get the animated grass on the Nordschleife, I could imagine it would be too much on that huge track. Not that bad though, the grass is often pretty flat/short on the 'ring. I think the Nordschleife is final, it looks good enough.
 
Do you have any proof that sitting close to tv do damage your eyes? I think that is a old myth..
Yeah, stare at the sun and tell me your eyse don't hurt :rolleyes: Besides, it's a proven fact that staring at something close and bright for extended periods can result in eye strain.

Seriously, close enough not feeling like sitting on the backseat, still far enough not to damage my eye-sight in the long-term.
Well that's just great then! :)

I disagree, partially.

He's such a perfectionist, yeah, that's pretty clear since he takes too much time to make his games, however, I would choose 720p with 24 cars and no litte details.

Details are what makes GT a great game to play, but since this is a whole new code, featuring whole new features blend with the classic GT mode, I couldn't care less for the minor details, I want to enjoy the game as it is, a great improvement over GT4 and GT5P. What PD achieved so far is fantastic, of course, I would love to see skidmarks and real life-like trees, but I wouldn't trade a single car in the grid for one of these details.
Oh I agree, I think what they have IS fantastic, but I also happen to think that details do matter. I also know that some things have to give, so I'm cool with what they have delivered.

That is what you would do, just like others, others that make racing games, except those racing games are not as successful as Gran Turismo.
Oh Puh'lease, you really think that if GT5 ran at 60fps, 720p, with "only" 12 cars on track, but with a lot more detail added in, it would be detrimental to the series?! :lol:

Gran Turismo hasn't always ran in such high resolutions, or had so many cars on track. Funny that, yet it still managed to be the most successful console racing franchise.
 
maybe they should have made it run at 60fps in 720p with 12 stunningly ..

Maybe they should have, hindsight is a wonderful thing, never mind the fact that sony no doubt forced them to do it in 1080p because that was one of the key features they touted over xbox back in the day.

Anyway, this game doesn't run at 1920x1080, it runs at 1200 x 1080 or so, similar to how metal gear solid "upscales" by using pixels wider than they are tall. The pixel increase over 720p is probably less than you think.

But if you can be sure of anything, if they -did- dropped resolution and car count, appropriate wringers would whine about this all over every forum and comment board.

Long story short, they should get on with things, get it finished, and ignore fan-opinion.
 
Maybe they should have, hindsight is a wonderful thing, never mind the fact that sony no doubt forced them to do it in 1080p because that was one of the key features they touted over xbox back in the day.

Anyway, this game doesn't run at 1920x1080, it runs at 1200 x 1080 or so, similar to how metal gear solid "upscales" by using pixels wider than they are tall. The pixel increase over 720p is probably less than you think.

But if you can be sure of anything, if they -did- dropped resolution and car count, appropriate wringers would whine about this all over every forum and comment board.
Believe me, I've been in enough "debates" lately to know what resolution the game runs in, and what the pixel count increase over 720p is (50% more). You are right about being forced to do it due to 1080p being a huge selling point over Xbox 360, but I'm not stating those facts because it's how I want the game to be, I'm just stating them because that's how they could have done it and the game would not have suffered. However, we are where we are, and yep, the whingers would be out in force! :lol:
 
Last edited:
Back