New videos from the Nürburgring (Read the 1st post!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 714 comments
  • 74,051 views
Before that we have Le Mans:dunce::)
will gt5 be present at 24h Le mans??gt5 was one of the main sponsor of 24h in Germany and Kaz took part in the race!!I don't think that gt5 will have the same massive presence in Le mans!
 
Last edited:
Hold the phone, no GT game has had tire marks to date, why are you complaining about it now? FM has it, but it doesn't do anything and disappears when too many are laid down, so what have we learned? Tire marks are pointless, unless they cause build up in heavily used corners and increase likelihood of grip loss.

It's Kaz's goal to have GT5 run at 1080p, considering if he can nail that watermark with his first solid release,then because of diminishing returns, the next game wouldn't have to worry about hitting those watermarks and focus on building on other aspects that weren't given as much attention. Sometimes people fail to understand simple planning for the future, the high count poly models are an attempt to get photo realistic visuals to where you don't have to focus on that anymore or as in depth later on, 16 car fields are the newest addition, went from 6 car fields to 16 car high count poly models, extensive and visually impressive course models, high frame rate (60fps) and not to mention supposed night/day transition, real time damage/deformation, all new physics engine. I'm no fanboy, but I do like me some GT and from it's technical standpoint it's above all others' and we haven't played it yet to determine if it's failing in the hands on category. Based on PD track record, and what I experienced in GT5P I have nothing but high hopes for this game to be better than Prologue and in the least match FM3.

That said, the updated Nür looks incredible, can't wait to enjoy it 1080p wide screen, full 5.1 PCM sound 1000 watt Surround sound oh yea. I wonder if all the courses are updated, and did they also bring back my Red Rock Valley Speedway, i long for that course, sorely missed since GT2. Carry on my fellow GTPer's
 
I *think* I read through the 18 pages here, and the News & Updates thread, but don't recall seeing any impressions of people who actually played the demo?

I'll keep looking...

here's one from a PC sim racer

i was at the 24h race this weekend and i drove some laps in that demo. grafics and physics were really nice from a half-drunk/stoned point of view. game worked quiet well with that gt steering wheel. sadly there was no car available that i have driven on the nordschleife in real life so i can’t say it is spot on but after playing that demo i will buy the game when it is out and don’t feel like i will regret it afterwards.
 
In order to run a PC game like Shift at steadily at 1080p, 60fps, 2xAA, 4+MSAA, 16 cars at once and max textures takes a serious gaming rig and certainly one that costs way more that $300, even $600~. So lets remember here GT5 will be doing all of that on a system will an almost archaic GPU and very little ram (albeit with a killer CPU) and all for the price of $300. If the PS3 had 4+gb of ram and a GPU like the ATI Rad 5870 or something similar, GT5 would have very graphical and gameplay feature possible and look EVEN better. People need to put things in perspective.
 
here's one from a PC sim racer

👍 Thanks CoolColJ!

As he hinted at, I figure most people who attended are still recovering. :ouch:
 
Cool pattern on track :dopey:

gt5pattern.jpg


taken from this video after he first spins out from clipping the grass. This has to be pro physics for sure, he loses it everytime he goes off track. Mainly because he doesn't let off the gas when he does. What I like about it, is the sudden loss of control, not the "slow motion" effect we had in Prologue or the Time Trial

 
Last edited:
taken from this video after he first spins out from clipping the grass. This has to be pro physics for sure, he loses it everytime he goes off track. Mainly because he doesn't let off the gas when he does. What I like about it, is the sudden loss of control, not the "slow motion" effect we had in Prologue or the Time Trial



I hope that is not pro physics. Because looks like collision physics is same as in Prologue. Car just bounces off walls.
What happened to Time Trial demos physics???
TT demo had proper collision physics.
 
I hope that is not pro physics. Because looks like collision physics is same as in Prologue. Car just bounces off walls.
What happened to Time Trial demos physics???
TT demo had proper collision physics.

what is the car supposed to do, if it doesn't bounce off, stop dead in it's tracks?

Because the barrier is not going to deform and let the car go through
I didn't notice anything unusual about the collisons, looks valid and logical. The Time trial was no different, in fact sometimes you can run straight into the wall in the Time trial and the car will stop dead in it's tracks, which looked odd...
 
Isn't it there's a Gran Turismo logo at La sarthe every 24 hour of Le mans? So maybe kaz will be there too and GT5 .:) Hopefully.

Edit:
 
Kaz won't be at Le Mans, he has to be at E3 like the next day.
 
Did anybody else notice the Audi R8 V10 banner at 9:36?

I had a feeling it would be added to GT5 (assuming it is).



 
Did anybody else notice the Audi R8 V10 banner at 9:36?

I had a feeling it would be added to GT5 (assuming it is).




I had noticed it too, and I'm sure it will be in GT5. However, I doubt that banner represents the fact that it will be in GT5. It just happen to be part of the real Nurburgring. In GT4, they had Porsche banners on certain tracks, however, as we all know, Porsche's have never been in GT5.
 
Kaz won't be at Le Mans, he has to be at E3 like the next day.


Yeah, word is GT has a solid presents at Le Mans but as you say Kaz wont be there due to E3


Did anybody else notice the Audi R8 V10 banner at 9:36?

Yeah, but like other track logos it's not confirmed the car will make it to GT5, even though it seems likely.
 
Last edited:
So, I'll ask you again, all things being equal in terms of scale, presentation, physics etc., how would limiting the game to 720p and 12 cars on track, but adding more subtle details, make the game any less successful?

I'll answer that.

Having 16 cars on track creates a better gaming experience than having 12 cars. Any questions? :sly:
 
Last edited:
I had noticed it too, and I'm sure it will be in GT5. However, I doubt that banner represents the fact that it will be in GT5. It just happen to be part of the real Nurburgring. In GT4, they had Porsche banners on certain tracks, however, as we all know, Porsche's have never been in GT5.

Hold on, that makes no sense as to have the logo in game, you must also pay liscencing for the use of the name. Remember to include all the logos used at the race courses, there has to be written consent and all the other legal mumbo jumbo. I for one don't remember seeing the word porsche on any course in any GT game I've played, would you tell me the course and game, I have access to GT 2, 3 and 4 so I can verify this myself.
 
Hold on, that makes no sense as to have the logo in game, you must also pay liscencing for the use of the name. Remember to include all the logos used at the race courses, there has to be written consent and all the other legal mumbo jumbo. I for one don't remember seeing the word porsche on any course in any GT game I've played, would you tell me the course and game, I have access to GT 2, 3 and 4 so I can verify this myself.

Not sure about the exact spot of any banner in GT.

But, in regard to logos on tracks, the company pays the track to put them there. Probably, within that contract is the ability for it to be shown in other media without additional money required. So, if the track is shown on television, in a magazine, or newspaper, and it happens to show that banner, the track company cannot come to the banner company and ask for more money.

So, if PD gains right to that track, then the banner company has no say, and the track does not care. Meaning, if PD wants it in the game, then it will be there.

Another example that I saw someone post the other day on this forum, was a shot of Tsukuba in Forza and they had changed the GT banner to a generic Tsukuba one. Meaning PD had no say and Tsukuba probably just did not care.

Not an expert, but this all feels like a safe assumption.
 
Noticed the Audi banner too but I was more looking how PD have updated track. The Yoko banner and the long blue barrier are there too.

Looks fantastic.
 
Interior view looks amazing the sense of speed looks great.
 
Not sure about the exact spot of any banner in GT.

But, in regard to logos on tracks, the company pays the track to put them there. Probably, within that contract is the ability for it to be shown in other media without additional money required. So, if the track is shown on television, in a magazine, or newspaper, and it happens to show that banner, the track company cannot come to the banner company and ask for more money.

So, if PD gains right to that track, then the banner company has no say, and the track does not care. Meaning, if PD wants it in the game, then it will be there.

Another example that I saw someone post the other day on this forum, was a shot of Tsukuba in Forza and they had changed the GT banner to a generic Tsukuba one. Meaning PD had no say and Tsukuba probably just did not care.

Not an expert, but this all feels like a safe assumption.

Might be, but I mean that names like Porsche are big time names and you need permission to use their name in commercial products. Unless it's a mistake that wasn't caught, PD wouldn't actually risk being force to halt sale of their game and have to recall the games to change something like that or have to cough up money for unauthorized advertising. I notice that PD is very vigilant with advertising in game, they keep the big name adverts and it's usually just enough to look exactly like the real thing(race cars). Hopefully NASCAR liscence comes with full sponsorship included.
 
Might be, but I mean that names like Porsche are big time names and you need permission to use their name in commercial products. Unless it's a mistake that wasn't caught, PD wouldn't actually risk being force to halt sale of their game and have to recall the games to change something like that or have to cough up money for unauthorized advertising. I notice that PD is very vigilant with advertising in game, they keep the big name adverts and it's usually just enough to look exactly like the real thing(race cars). Hopefully NASCAR liscence comes with full sponsorship included.

Maybe what I am attempting to say is getting lost in the explanation. So, I will summarize.

The right to use the banner comes with the right to use the track. The same way that the BBC or NY Times does not have to pay for the right to display what is on a track.

Just ask yourself this question. Do you think Fox or ESPN have to pay for the rights for all of the sponsors that are displayed during a broadcast of a Nascar race?

I'm sure the same principle applies.
 
Question ,is it just me or does (what) the rear mirror displays look alot better than GT5P.
 
If this is what they can do to the 'Ring, I can't wait to see the new La Sarthe.

Question ,is it just me or does (what) the rear mirror displays look alot better than GT5P.

We've noticed that since CES :P

I remember creating an artistic interpretation of what the mirrors in Prologue looked like:

rearviewmirror.png
 
Last edited:
Interior view looks amazing the sense of speed looks great.

The speed does seem improved indeed.
Without rattling on about 3D (again) but looking at these recent videos if any track is going to look good in 3D with its additional sensation in depth of field giving the hills, dips and long straights more height and distance sensation.

Add in the additional scenary and trees wizzing past can only increase the sense of speed. I have no doubt 3D will be very effective in the game particulary on this track and would put good money down on the chance of seeing this demo/track at E3 in 3D.

So tempted to buy a 3DTV when GT5 releases but may just hold off to seek some demos before committing.....
 
Last edited:
Back