New videos from the Nürburgring (Read the 1st post!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 714 comments
  • 74,052 views
You can't use the animation from the F1 on most paddle shift cars because the paddles usually don't move with the wheel.
 
You can't use the animation from the F1 on most paddle shift cars because the paddles usually don't move with the wheel.

Thank you Bro for answering that. Next question? :lol:
 
The point remains...the animations are still exaggerated on this demo. :yuck:
 
They are slow because the driver prepares for the shifts, I agree that they look a bit strange, but when you think about it, it makes sense. We already had tons of discussions about this...
 
They are slow because the driver prepares for the shifts, I agree that they look a bit strange, but when you think about it, it makes sense. We already had tons of discussions about this...

You know what Ace don't even waste your time bro. Is this a huge issue nahh even though it looks weird some times if you watch the video some times it looks fast and fluent. My question to the community is tell me a game that has better shifting animations, and offers what GT has to offer as a game? What cracks me up is this is a demo, I could see if PD was bragging about this is our final product but this isn't the case. We all no as a community that this is a demo, and that there is a slight chance this is not going to be the same in the final product. Im just glad to see some new footage and some progression 👍
 
I think shifting animations must be that way because the paddle doesn't stick with the steering wheel, unlike the F1 in GT5P

If we want quick shifting animations, it would be like in NFS Shift,

When the driver shifts while turn the steering wheel, the paddle shift by itself. There's no driver's finger touch it.


[ Sorry for my English ]
 
Last edited:
^^that's why I said "in this demo". Some are trying to praise everything GT as the best. Well, it is!!! But this demo...is...well this demo. That's all. I doubt care about the sound in a cam recorded 'demo' on a crappy used tv. Probably all we're hearing are the highs with no mids or lows, so yes the sound sucks. But you cannot say that the shift animations on this DEMO are fine. Their not!
 
I just spent about an hour reading through this whole thread and to be honest i am quite unpleased. My major problem is of those who complain. lets flash back two months ago when we did not know of mimaximax, everyone in gtplanet was whining because of the lack of info on the game, then came mimaximax with his wonderful videos that kept us alive once again. slowly the fans started to complain about minor things like "Skid marks, reverse lights e.t.c. Now this "DEMO" came along and as usual the fan-base started with their ranting only this time it was over the most stupid and ridiculous things (Tire living mark on gravel, reverse lights, skid marks, hand animation, shadow lightening inside the car, 3D trees, and the list goes on and on and on) personally i think that GT fans are probably the most ungrateful fans in the whole of video game industry. if you ever went to other fan sites you will see that they never come close to the complaining that GT5 fans display and thats quite sad, because GTs fans are supposedly matured, somewhere out there Forza fans are laughing at the lack of maturity that this Fan-base is displaying, i am only 21 but i understand that you should always have patience, GT5 is great and i am 100% sure that all of you will buy the game at the end of the day no matter what immaturities you display in wanting things. right now all those complaining are like little 3 year olds crying for their dad to buy them that new toy, the crying will not help the only thing that will help is patience. Enjoy what you get and stop acting like 3 year olds when you lot are all above 20

Anyone who comments below me should try not to be that 3 year old.
 
Last edited:
^^that's why I said "in this demo". Some are trying to praise everything GT as the best. Well, it is!!! But this demo...is...well this demo. That's all. I doubt care about the sound in a cam recorded 'demo' on a crappy used tv. Probably all we're hearing are the highs with no mids or lows, so yes the sound sucks. But you cannot say that the shift animations on this DEMO are fine. Their not!

Yea no doubt man, but if you can do me a favor look at the Ferrari video again and watch when he actually shifts. You remember how in Prologue the driver anticipates the shifts so sometimes it looks weird this is the same thing. I bet if the driver had smoother input the shift would not look that slow. Some shifts during video are are fast and fluent.
 
Yea no doubt man, but if you can do me a favor look at the Ferrari video again and watch when he actually shifts. You remember how in Prologue the driver anticipates the shifts so sometimes it looks weird this is the same thing. I bet if the driver had smoother input the shift would not look that slow. Some shifts during video are are fast and fluent.

True...he was kinda out of control. Shift points off-time, but he chose auto so I would assume the comp would level that out. But maybe it just made it worse, since the rpm were dictating shift points. Manual may have made it less obnoxious since you would stay in a gear and search for some traction. Taken with a grain of salt.

*backs away from ledge*
 
This is the first time I've seen brake lockup actually causing understeer in a GT game


first you see the AI black Enzo, lock up, with smoke, go off track at 2:30
AI also acting more human :)


Then you see Mimaximax doing the same at 3:05


I guess this means ABS is not automaticly on for all cars now...
But doesn't the Enzo have ABS in real life?
 
Did anybody notice their are no sparks during the crashes seen on the other videos?
 
it doesn't happen all the time. I gather it depends on the angle of impact
 
I'm a bit disappointed with the engine sound of the Enzo. I mean that thing should sound violent an snappy, not that smooth whoom.
 
I just spent about an hour reading through this whole thread and to be honest i am quite unpleased. My major problem is of those who complain. lets flash back two months ago when we did not know of mimaximax, everyone in gtplanet was whining because of the lack of info on the game, then came mimaximax with his wonderful videos that kept us alive once again. slowly the fans started to complain about minor things like "Skid marks, reverse lights e.t.c. Now this "DEMO" came along and as usual the fan-base started with their ranting only this time it was over the most stupid and ridiculous things (Tire living mark on gravel, reverse lights, skid marks, hand animation, shadow lightening inside the car, 3D trees, and the list goes on and on and on) personally i think that GT fans are probably the most ungrateful fans in the whole of video game industry. if you ever went to other fan sites you will see that they never come close to the complaining that GT5 fans display and thats quite sad, because GTs fans are supposedly matured, somewhere out there Forza fans are laughing at the lack of maturity that this Fan-base is displaying, i am only 21 but i understand that you should always have patience, GT5 is great and i am 100% sure that all of you will buy the game at the end of the day no matter what immaturities you display in wanting things. right now all those complaining are like little 3 year olds crying for their dad to buy them that new toy, the crying will not help the only thing that will help is patience. Enjoy what you get and stop acting like 3 year olds when you lot are all above 20

Anyone who comments below me should try not to be that 3 year old.

Sony or PD, actually, really needs our opinions on GT5. Meeting needs, in some degree, maybe trivial, is the way to a GREAT game. Because you are 21, I hope I can offer some knowledge about that. Different ways of voicing opinions with true feelings are necessary, boy. That is the most accurate reflection of how gamers feel when playing the actual game. That's just my perspective. In adult world, we have our choices and are responsible for our choices.
 
I'm a bit disappointed with the engine sound of the Enzo. I mean that thing should sound violent an snappy, not that smooth whoom.

It is the same sound used on GT5 Prologue for the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. Same engine, but PD seems busy building demos... hope to have all sounds right in final realase :nervous: :guilty:

[if my english is bad... use your imagination]
 
In adult world, we have our choices and are responsible for our choices.
Yep, and as adults we have the choice to either buy the game or not, depeding on how happy you are with the end result. Those who don't like the sound of the Enzo can either deal with it or leave it on the shelf.

I agree with Daverytimes, it's getting a bit ridiculous now. We get no news, so people moan. When we do get something, all people do is pick fault with it. While I absolutely believe there are areas that can be improved, that will always be the case. As it stands, I'm very happy with the way the game looks, sounds, and plays.

The latest thing that made me laugh was people passing comment on the quality of the physics just by watching Mimaximax struggle with that Enzo. For a start, he is clearly inexperienced with usng a wheel because he struggles to regain the car once he starts to lose it. Once he has lost it, he slams his foot to the floor and people wonder why he continually spins out of control. There was no finesse whatsoever, and that's the result you get with a car like the Enzo. If it was as easy to drive as a Fiat Panda, I'd be concerned.

It reminded me of myself this last weekend when I went to a mates house who has just bought himself a wheel (G27). It was fun with the less powerful cars, but once we moved onto the faster cars, we both started to struggle. I know it's all about practice, but I'm just too used to the pad, where I am a lot smoother and more consistent. He was quite a bit disheartened by the whole thing because he bought a Wheel Stand Pro for it as well. Based on that experience, I'd only get a wheel if I had the money to dedicate to a fully stand-alone racing cockpit. For now, I'm happy to sit on a comfy sofa with pad in hand!
 
Yep, and as adults we have the choice to either buy the game or not, depeding on how happy you are with the end result. Those who don't like the sound of the Enzo can either deal with it or leave it on the shelf.

I agree with Daverytimes, it's getting a bit ridiculous now. We get no news, so people moan. When we do get something, all people do is pick fault with it. While I absolutely believe there are areas that can be improved, that will always be the case. As it stands, I'm very happy with the way the game looks, sounds, and plays.

The latest thing that made me laugh was people passing comment on the quality of the physics just by watching Mimaximax struggle with that Enzo. For a start, he is clearly inexperienced with usng a wheel because he struggles to regain the car once he starts to lose it. Once he has lost it, he slams his foot to the floor and people wonder why he continually spins out of control. There was no finesse whatsoever, and that's the result you get with a car like the Enzo. If it was as easy to drive as a Fiat Panda, I'd be concerned.

It reminded me of myself this last weekend when I went to a mates house who has just bought himself a wheel (G27). It was fun with the less powerful cars, but once we moved onto the faster cars, we both started to struggle. I know it's all about practice, but I'm just too used to the pad, where I am a lot smoother and more consistent. He was quite a bit disheartened by the whole thing because he bought a Wheel Stand Pro for it as well. Based on that experience, I'd only get a wheel if I had the money to dedicate to a fully stand-alone racing cockpit. For now, I'm happy to sit on a comfy sofa with pad in hand!

Agreed with all those points.

If you look on the news article on the Enzo video, there is a long comment about how the physics were too realistic. That user, whoever they may be, doesn't know that there is a standard physics option :lol:

Here is the comment I am referring to:

Beaugu Says:
May 18th, 2010 at 8:01 pm

It’s unfortunate to see that PD really considered this physics engine to be the base physics used in the game because its obvious the player is struggling getting that Enzo to make basic corning happen at all. I can certainly appreciate all the efforts that have gone into creating a truly beautiful and well packaged racing game however I was a fan of PD’s early Gran Turismo series right up until GT4 where the physics took a dramatic change.

One of that more frustrating things that I still see even in this video is the violent snap-back, perfect example starting at the corner at 1:13 and half way through correction it immediately sends him 180 degrees. One of the major contributors I had believed was the problem was for the majority of us who DONT have a dedicated race-sim rig and use an old faithful controller and sit on the couch the differences between full lock on a controller is obviously different from making full lock taking the time turning a steering wheel.

I know some will flame me for even making the excuse that GT should be experienced with a proper steering and pedals set up but in my opinion it shouldn’t be force fed that you only get the most enjoyable experience IF you do have the luxury of having the set up for it considering that it is in Sony’s interest that they make GT appealing to all potential PS3 owners with or without racing hardware.

Plus, with automatic gears it's difficult to control the cars on the exits, because the game almost always goes down too many gears.
 
Thanks mimaximas for overdriving the car so much, it gives much more info of how the car handles & physics are 👍 From what I saw I can say that it (physics) looks great 👍 Loving the tire sounds too, the engine sound might be little lacking for now but seeing how close the enzo sound is to some of the other Ferrari sounds in gt5p, I wouldn't be so worried.
 
Last edited:
OMG! I cant believe people are still going on about the engine sounds. This is demo, and if I was making a demo I would put in one engine sound for each size of engine, V6, V8, V12 etc and make it is small file size as possible.
We have already seen from the videos on GT-TV that PD are putting a lot into the engine sounds because they were sat there recording real engine sounds from the car at different points around the car.
I have absolutly no worry that the engine sounds are going to sound like GT5P and think they will sound very realistic in the game.

Thanks to everyone that has posted all of the vids, they are amazing and just made my mouth water even more for this game. Hope you enjoyed the race!!!
 
Agreed with all those points.

If you look on the news article on the Enzo video, there is a long comment about how the physics were too realistic. That user, whoever they may be, doesn't know that there is a standard physics option :lol:

Plus, with automatic gears it's difficult to control the cars on the exits, because the game almost always goes down too many gears.
Right, I read that article! You are also correct on the auto gears option. I exclusively play with manual gears now, using the triggers for accelerate/brake and face buttons to change gears. It's like having the car on a wire, really responsive. I often exit corners one gear higher than recommended in order to help avoid spinning out. It may not get the fastest time, but like most of us I'm sure, the TT demo put us in our place! My focus is on having fun, not spending hundreds of laps on outright perfection ;)
 
OMG! I cant believe people are still going on about the engine sounds. This is demo, and if I was making a demo I would put in one engine sound for each size of engine, V6, V8, V12 etc and make it is small file size as possible.

But if you think about it... A Demo is there so that people can try out how the game will be like... If it was me making a Demo I would put all my latest stuff in there.

I think it's safe to say GT5 will have no skidmarks, no reverse-lights and no good sound :indiff:

I reeeally hope they prove me wrong though :dopey:
 
But if you think about it... A Demo is there so that people can try out how the game will be like... If it was me making a Demo I would put all my latest stuff in there.

I think it's safe to say GT5 will have no skidmarks, no reverse-lights and no good sound :indiff:

I reeeally hope they prove me wrong though :dopey:
If you think about it, this is not a public demo intended to represent final code. Besides, nobody will force you to buy it.
 
According to mimaximax, he plugged the audio directly into his camcorder for that video, so he remarked that it was like driving blindfolded. And I can certainly understand that. My experience was similar with Enthusia, where the tires didn't start complaining until I was on my way off the track. Very bad for taking your car to the edge of grip, which is what you have to do to take a turn fast.

But, it is a nice way to show us the new physics. Thanks for taking a bullet for us, max. ;)

As for all the complaining, that seems to be what some GT Planeters do best. Some additional polish would be nice, but right now, I just want this game!
 
I agree with Daverytimes, it's getting a bit ridiculous now. We get no news, so people moan. When we do get something, all people do is pick fault with it. While I absolutely believe there are areas that can be improved, that will always be the case. As it stands, I'm very happy with the way the game looks, sounds, and plays.
Excellent post and I agree with every word.

If the development of GT5 was left with some of the posters on this forum the game would never be released. I swear one of these days some will complain about the colour of the grass or the shade of green used on the trees. Some of those who complain should take a look at the pathetic attempt of Turn 10 modelling Nurburgring GP on Forza 3. This track on Forza 3 looks dreadful in comparison to GT5.

Personally I feel some have their expectations way too high. I can pretty much guarantee that when GT5 is released we shall see bugs/glitches in the game, especially online. However it all depends on how quickly PD sort these bugs out and do not folllow Turn 10s example!
 
Forza's nurburgring gp is awesome IMHO. The best track in the game and also the only track not to suffer from smooth track syndrome. Just shows the potential they never got to modeling the other tracks.

In my humble opinion of course.
 
But if you think about it... A Demo is there so that people can try out how the game will be like... If it was me making a Demo I would put all my latest stuff in there.

I think it's safe to say GT5 will have no skidmarks, no reverse-lights and no good sound :indiff:

I reeeally hope they prove me wrong though :dopey:

I honestly dont care about reverse lights, I dont see why they are important, and race cars dont usually have reverse lights since your not supposed to be reversing on a race track anyway. Skidmarks would be nice, but only if they are done properly. They would just look rubbish if they were just the same black marks caused everytime a wheel looses traction or locks up. Real skidmarks look different every time they go down depending on the situation that caused them and I think it would be a bit too much to calculate. However I do think it looks a bit strange when the cars go off track and still leaves everything pristine, esp in off-road rally, but we are still to see any of that in action.

I agree, if it was a proper demo that will be released on the PSN for people to play on their home systems with decent setups then give out good sound, which is why the TT demo had better quality sound IMO. But if its this sort of event where the sound isnt going to be very loud, and loads of other noises going on around then i dont think it needs to be perfect or a new build. Also I would imagine that these demos have to be downloaded or put onto disk (not BluRay) to be installed on these machines at Sony expense so they would keep down the MB's to save on costs, because lets face it this is all just PR.

Sorry to have a bit of a mumble (Slow day at work, lol) but i do think it is silly to base our opinion of what the whole game is going to be like on the sounds from these demos. We have seen from other builds that the sounds are much better. Also I dont think that Sony would want to put everything together in one demo build incase one of its competitors managed to get hold of a copy and see all their secrets. :sly: Just my opinion that I think we should wait to diss the sounds till we see a final Gold copy being played on a proper setup.
 
I seem to be the only one concerned that this demo, the Tokyo demo, Minimaxi's multiple track demo all only have 8 cars?

Regards complaints yes I posted on OcUK in a GT thread their telling of the new demo/videos and I think the next 3 posts were basically all "whinging moaning" posts. Nobody commented on the improved graphics etc. Everyone seems to be on a fault finding mission with the game and possibly because it has taken so long they feel the need to do so, perhaps expecting perfection.

Plenty of things are looking positive although this 8 car thing is bugging me more than anything.
Has GT5 dropped to 8 cars and possibly because of the 3D mode?
 
Last edited:
Forza's nurburgring gp is awesome IMHO. The best track in the game and also the only track not to suffer from smooth track syndrome. Just shows the potential they never got to modeling the other tracks.

In my humble opinion of course.

EDIT: I didn't see you were referring to the GP track. The GP track is indeed good, it's the Nordschleife that isn't.

Aside from the fact that it is several miles too long...?

Since the game was released their version of the ring was criticised in so many ways. Too wide and ergo too long, certain parts of the track were layed out incorrectly and didn't 'flow', there was a lack of bumps in some parts of the track and also the kerbs were too wide and flat. It has been discussed to death already both here and on the official Forza forums.

However, I agree with you. By industry standards it is quite a good rendition of the circuit. But it's nothing on the GT5 version, or even the GT4 version for that matter.
 
Last edited:
Back