New videos from the NĂĽrburgring (Read the 1st post!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 714 comments
  • 74,051 views
👍

It's funny that when one of the most popular sound complains is addressed nobody cares about it. :rolleyes:

In my eyes (Or rather my ears) it has been fixed since Prologue spec III :D
 
In my eyes (Or rather my ears) it has been fixed since Prologue spec III :D
Yep much better than GT4, but I see improvements in the last vids.
 
It is the same sound used on GT5 Prologue for the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. Same engine, but PD seems busy building demos... hope to have all sounds right in final realase :nervous: :guilty:

[if my english is bad... use your imagination]

[/QUOTE]


So which sound is it? the one on the left or the one on the right. My 5.1 sounds like the one on the right. With out my sub it sounds like the one on the left. Also its hard to judge the sound of the Enzo. The sound was recorderd, this is from Mimaximax

Mimaximax:

"I just want to make clear that sound was recoded via a recorder through jack-jack wire to the headphone jack exit of the TV. So it's direct capture ; you can notice that no sound of the crowd around is recorded. So I was driving like blind folded because : no grip sound and no reving sound for me while I was driving."
 
The guy who filmed this sent me some photos he made from the booth. Its the same truck that stood on the IAA, but one detail caught his eye.

Look at the track map on the bottom, its not the 24h Combo nor the Tourist version, but the old Track with its old Start/Finish straight. I'm wondering, do we get the SĂĽdschleife too

gt5nurbposter.jpg
 
That would be a dream come true for many of us 👍
 



So which sound is it? the one on the left or the one on the right. My 5.1 sounds like the one on the right. With out my sub it sounds like the one on the left. Also its hard to judge the sound of the Enzo. The sound was recorderd, this is from Mimaximax

Mimaximax:

"I just want to make clear that sound was recoded via a recorder through jack-jack wire to the headphone jack exit of the TV. So it's direct capture ; you can notice that no sound of the crowd around is recorded. So I was driving like blind folded because : no grip sound and no reving sound for me while I was driving."


The point is: same sound for Enzo and 599 (GT5P). At least in the Nurb Demo.
 
I understand many people hate the non-stopping whine on almost every possible little aspect of the game no matter how important or game-changing those things are, but OH MY GOD, that shifting animation with the Enzo is just utterly, utterly horrible! Honestly, if that's how it's gonna be in the final version, I might have to bury my beautiful dream of long nights just enzoing the Nurburgring in the cockpit-view. Those kind of things really CAN break the immersion of driving.
 
I understand many people hate the non-stopping whine on almost every possible little aspect of the game no matter how important or game-changing those things are, but OH MY GOD, that shifting animation with the Enzo is just utterly, utterly horrible! Honestly, if that's how it's gonna be in the final version, I might have to bury my beautiful dream of long nights just enzoing the Nurburgring in the cockpit-view. Those kind of things really CAN break the immersion of driving.

well you can always wait for gt6, and skip gt5.
 
Those kind of things really CAN break the immersion of driving.

Agree, but if he wouldn't be overrevving / driving like a lunatic (without audio feedback) the game probably wouldn't let the driver hover his hand over the flappy pedals constantly.
 
I think the shifting animations can look funny on some cars because perhaps they're planning to have only a single animation (where the hand gets off the wheel for shifting) for steering wheels in interior view that either have 900 degrees or 180 degrees rotation.

Now that I think about it, paddle-shifting animation is probably tough to program consistently if PD do decide to implement the full 900 degrees rotation in cockpit view. If it's only 180 though, then there's no need for the hands to get off the wheel.
 
I understand many people hate the non-stopping whine on almost every possible little aspect of the game no matter how important or game-changing those things are, but OH MY GOD, that shifting animation with the Enzo is just utterly, utterly horrible! Honestly, if that's how it's gonna be in the final version, I might have to bury my beautiful dream of long nights just enzoing the Nurburgring in the cockpit-view. Those kind of things really CAN break the immersion of driving.

What exactly is the problem with the animation? I didn't even notice there was anything wrong with it. The poor sound was what caught my attention first.
 


Ok guys sorry for the sucky recording like i said this is not what im good at. I did a recording of Me playing GT5P on the 5.1 i had to keep it low because it was to loud(you can hear what im talking about during the video) and im comparing it to the best video i can find on youtube. Mine is on the right at eiger

London
 
Last edited:
:lol: ok 0 for 1 i thought my sound better
 
What exactly is the problem with the animation? I didn't even notice there was anything wrong with it.

It's just wrong somehow. Though I now agree the over-revving worsens it. The driver prepares for the shift and reaches for the paddle but the player doesn't change the gear so the driver's hand "hovers" above the paddle looking idiotic. But I don't understand why the driver must remove his hands of the steering wheel even when they are levelled with the paddles. I hope it looks better with cars which have the paddles mounted to the wheel itself.
 
^It's wrong in the sense that it's goofy. The driver extends his/her hand out when a couple of fingers would've sufficed.

But I can live with it.
 
ZR1 on Nurb GP course yey!
Thanks! Love the new menu look. 👍 Though, did anybody notice that it reads "premium" below the car's name?
 
Thanks! Love the new menu look. 👍 Though, did anybody notice that it reads "premium" below the car's name?

Yea your right didn't see that at 1st good catch 👍
 
Thanks! Love the new menu look. 👍 Though, did anybody notice that it reads "premium" below the car's name?

Hm, that's indeed VERY interesting. IF it really means that it's one of the premium models, that COULD mean that in the final version of the game we're even able to total "normal" cars.
This idea is not too far fetched IMO, because Kaz always said that some manufacturers agree with damage "on every level".
 
Last edited:
Hm, that's indeed VERY interesting. IF it really means that it's one of the premium models, that COULD mean that in the final version of the game we're even able to total "normal" cars.
This idea is not too far fetched IMO, because Kaz always said that some manufactorers agree with damage "on every level".


It could mean that all those seemingly normal cars were premium all along, and that the standard cars are not as detailed. 👎

We need to get a good look at those menus to see what cars are premium or standard, if there is car in the menu that said it was a standard car but it had a dash view then we can rest assured that standard does not mean no cockpit view.

If not, well that could mean that the month old interview was correct and not all cars will have a dashboard view. :nervous:
 
Thanks! Love the new menu look. 👍 Though, did anybody notice that it reads "premium" below the car's name?

Yes and also did anyone notice the weather icon is now gone.
Ive feared before weather has been dropped as nothings been confirmed and its been side stepped in previous interviews.

This new menu system only seems to have date/time not weather information, mmmmm.
 

interesting - Standard physics has oversteer now, that wasn't the case in Prologue

It looks like the new Standard physics mode is inbetween Prologue's standard and Pro, while the new Pro Physics is more hardcore
There also looks to be a begineer/arcade mode
 
Last edited:
before select the corvette he stops on audi r8 and citroen gt and this cars are premium
 
I wonder if any of those cars in the demo are standard? To see what we are dealing with regarding the interior views :)
 
"Standard models won’t have an interior view, less detailing and no crash model. The problem is that premium models take a lot of time to create and we wanted to include many more vehicles than before. To make premium versions of all the cars we want to put in would take ten years or more and I don’t think people are prepared to wait long!
"

From the autoblog Interview :
Oh please no please noooooooooooooooooooo
 
Back