Next Gran Turismo Will be a 'Combination of Past, Present, and Future'

I think that a lot of the people who stopped playing just got to a different time in life

A different time in life? What does that even mean?
Are you saying that Gran Turismo Sport made people old, too old to play video games anymore? LOL
Ironically your name is RacingGrandpa. :lol:
Wouldn't you think they stopped playing because they lost interest? Let's be honest here, this wasn't the next gen savior of Gran Turismo we thought it would be. Not by far.

Quite frankly and in my opinion, if they would have kept the servers running for GT6, they would have been better off right now and would have curbed a TON of criticism while more people played their franchise.

Are you saying that Gran Turismo Sport made people old, too old to play video games anymore? LOL
Wouldn't you think they stopped playing because they lost interest? Let's be honest here, this wasn't the next gen savior of Gran Turismo we thought it would be. Not by far.

Quite frankly and in my opinion, if they would have kept the servers running for GT6, they would have been better off right now and would have curbed a TON of criticism while more people played their franchise.
I stopped playing any games 6 years ago when my autistic son got too occupied with my gaming. Came back 6 months ago, and are loving GTS.

Nothing more? :lol:

Oh...I can think of more! Bring back PP measurements, I liked that. Use ray-tracing technology. Improve sounds to true realistic sounds for every car. The list goes on.... Anyway, I'm keeping positive that the next GT will be an amazing game.

So why is it such an insult to you that I think people play different amounts of time at different ages and times?
I just say that based on my own experience it fluctuate depending on other things in life.

So why is it such an insult to you that I think people play different amounts of time at different ages and times?
I just say that based on my own experience it fluctuate depending on other things in life.

Insult? I think you're looking too far into this.

You said, "I think that a lot of the people who stopped playing just got to a different time in life".
And that may as well be true. I happen to think that people lost interest more so than just grew older is all.
None of this is enough to be insulted by.

When we look at all ages who play from online lobbies or whatnot, what we have is a common denominator. The penalties are frustrating people of all ages indiscriminately. I myself let my Playstation Plus expire and I don't see renewing it anytime soon. Why in my case? Because the driving experience in GT Sport doesn't hold a candle to actual SIMs out there. I want more of a real experience and so I use other titles for that. Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa with mods on PC get way more of my time, the time I actually have to spend racing. I'm 43. I was 21 when GT1 came out and got it very soon after. I will never forget the great times with Gran Turismo and what it taught me about cars I never new existed at the time. That nostalgia is what keeps a lot of us sticking around. :cheers:

Insult? I think you're looking too far into this.

You said, "I think that a lot of the people who stopped playing just got to a different time in life".
And that may as well be true. I happen to think that people lost interest more so than just grew older is all.
None of this is enough to be insulted by.

When we look at all ages who play from online lobbies or whatnot, what we have is a common denominator. The penalties are frustrating people of all ages indiscriminately. I myself let my Playstation Plus expire and I don't see renewing it anytime soon. Why in my case? Because the driving experience in GT Sport doesn't hold a candle to actual SIMs out there. I want more of a real experience and so I use other titles for that. Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa with mods on PC get way more of my time, the time I actually have to spend racing. I'm 43. I was 21 when GT1 came out and got it very soon after. I will never forget the great times with Gran Turismo and what it taught me about cars I never new existed at the time. That nostalgia is what keeps a lot of us sticking around. :cheers:
I have similar feelings. In that time of waiting for news of GTS, I bought Project Cars and Forza games.

It's no secret that I love the Super Touring car era, Group A touring cars, GT4 series and TCR. This is why I feel GT1 and GT2 are my favourites. We had the BTCC RACING MODIFICATIONS and also some Group A/JGTC RM options for cars like the EG Civic and R32 & R33 Skylines.

I jumped back in Assetto Corsa(PS4) this past weekend. It's really an amazing game. With only 178 cars and a small number of tracks, there's so much available for me as an offline player. In GTS, I'm in a Griup A phase. Meaning, I've tuned my E30 to DTM spec and my R32 to Group A spec. I can only hot lap the two offline. When I jump in AC, I can race the E30 vs the 190e DTM and 155 V6- cars that are in GT6.

Many people have put Gran Turismo to the side. Other than RL, I've seen one member posting that, it could be just from being tired of waiting for what they want in a Gran Turismo game.

I have similar feelings. In that time of waiting for news of GTS, I bought Project Cars and Forza games.

It's no secret that I love the Super Touring car era, Group A touring cars, GT4 series and TCR. This is why I feel GT1 and GT2 are my favourites. We had the BTCC RACING MODIFICATIONS and also some Group A/JGTC RM options for cars like the EG Civic and R32 & R33 Skylines.

I jumped back in Assetto Corsa(PS4) this past weekend. It's really an amazing game. With only 178 cars and a small number of tracks, there's so much available for me as an offline player. In GTS, I'm in a Griup A phase. Meaning, I've tuned my E30 to DTM spec and my R32 to Group A spec. I can only hot lap the two offline. When I jump in AC, I can race the E30 vs the 190e DTM and 155 V6- cars that are in GT6.

Many people have put Gran Turismo to the side. Other than RL, I've seen one member posting that, it could be just from being tired of waiting for what they want in a Gran Turismo game.
If only I had Xbox One and the Forza games, then maybe I would have played it as well. Playing it in PC would be great too but I currently don't have any plans in playing it there. Been only playing GT titles for almost a decade when it comes to racing games ever since.

If only I had Xbox One and the Forza games, then maybe I would have played it as well. Playing it in PC would be great too but I currently don't have any plans in playing it there. Been only playing GT titles for almost a decade when it comes to racing games ever since.
Guess I've been fortunate since GT1. Good paying jobs so I was buying everything from Dreamcast, Game Cube and Xbox.

I'm buying games based on those categories I love.

I admit... after having played GT6 a bit in June.. I miss the older vehicles, I miss the used cars, I miss the quirkiness of everything.
I mean, I like how formal and serious things are now, but I want that ol' GT Soul. I miss the old games map view in the city to navigate, I miss the cool music that matches the car dealers (quirky accordion music too), I miss so much including the GT Original tracks, I miss Seattle Circuit, I even miss Red Rock Valley and others and as a kid, I thought PD loves them all so much they'd never get rid of them.
PD, I know you can't please us all... and I know with the FIA licensing, you're kind of obligated to make lots of real world tracks.. but... make a plan and make the next GT7 a tribute to the history of the franchise.

Hmm, if Kaz is just realizing the importance of the past for fans(at the time of the event) and GT(X) is in development for PS5 launch(let's just say it is, hypothetically), how soon can they add those elements?

PD will have had access to current/new GT3 & GT4 cars and road cars from 2019(we already have Supra and Tundra). So, the car list will probably be ready by the time the game drops. Current tracks may just port over(hopefully without much tweaking). This makes things like, AI, TOD/weather, offline Arcade/Custom Race customization & GT League, online Lobby customization, FIA/GT Sport, the bulk of what need to be completed before launch.
I wonder if that will make content like "GTAuto" and classic GT tracks, as add-ons.

I admit... after having played GT6 a bit in June.. I miss the older vehicles, I miss the used cars, I miss the quirkiness of everything.
I mean, I like how formal and serious things are now, but I want that ol' GT Soul. I miss the old games map view in the city to navigate, I miss the cool music that matches the car dealers (quirky accordion music too), I miss so much including the GT Original tracks, I miss Seattle Circuit, I even miss Red Rock Valley and others and as a kid, I thought PD loves them all so much they'd never get rid of them.
PD, I know you can't please us all... and I know with the FIA licensing, you're kind of obligated to make lots of real world tracks.. but... make a plan and make the next GT7 a tribute to the history of the franchise.
That vibe should be cherished forever until GT7 comes out soon. Even GT Sport doesn't even come close to that kind of feeling.

I am playing GT5 & GT6 because I like the older vehicles too, and also the tracks in GT5 and GT6. If all of tracks from GT6 were in GTS well I would still be playing GTS, even if I had to pay to get the tracks from GT6 in GTS.
It looks like I will end up playing GT5 & GT6 until we get a better game from PD. At the moment I rate GTS well behind GT5 & GT6 when it comes between the 3 games, and you would think that GT Sport would be better game to play than GT5 & GT6.
I lost count on how many times I have tried to play GTS to get me motivated but I end up playing GT5 and 6. When you end up playing GT5 and 6 and that tells me there is something wrong with GT Sport.

Didn’t you know? You’re supposed to “move on” from all of that. According to a select group of players, that is.

I am playing GT5 & GT6 because I like the older vehicles too, and also the tracks in GT5 and GT6. If all of tracks from GT6 were in GTS well I would still be playing GTS, even if I had to pay to get the tracks from GT6 in GTS.
It looks like I will end up playing GT5 & GT6 until we get a better game from PD. At the moment I rate GTS well behind GT5 & GT6 when it comes between the 3 games, and you would think that GT Sport would be better game to play than GT5 & GT6.
I lost count on how many times I have tried to play GTS to get me motivated but I end up playing GT5 and 6. When you end up playing GT5 and 6 and that tells me there is something wrong with GT Sport.
As much as everyone loathes it, that's the reason they added Standard cars that time, so that old vehicles remain.

As much as everyone loathes it, that's the reason they added Standard cars that time, so that old vehicles remain.
But some cars, which were only Standard prior to GT5, GT6 and GT Sport, still became Premium in any of those mentioned titles when they returned there, right? Although it's only a minority of them, not major..

Now, some cars which were only Standard way back in GT6 are now being added in GT Sport as additional DLCs which made their appearances more polished than ever.

That vibe should be cherished forever until GT7 comes out soon. Even GT Sport doesn't even come close to that kind of feeling.
Exactly..
But, that is why I admit.. it kinda hurt me a bit on the inside when Kaz said he doesn't play the old games anymore and he "forgot" much of it..
I mean, it has so much sentimental value to us. To forget that.. means you forget what makes the series great. It is a part of GT's heart, soul and charm. Dare I say it... I was a little sad and angry Kaz said that too.
Its like forgetting ones history, or where they come from.

Exactly..
But, that is why I admit.. it kinda hurt me a bit on the inside when Kaz said he doesn't play the old games anymore and he "forgot" much of it..
I mean, it has so much sentimental value to us. To forget that.. means you forget what makes the series great. It is a part of GT's heart, soul and charm. Dare I say it... I was a little sad and angry Kaz said that too.
Lol that's basically nonsense when you can still play the old game if you want to. :lol:

However, I'm not sure if that will affect the future of upcoming GT titles but I still hope for the best. Who knows though. If I were him, I'd probably listen to what the fans of the racing game want and try my best to satisfy them with another major title but to deliver that promise would be a difficult task, indeed.

Lol that's basically nonsense when you can still play the old game if you want to. :lol:

However, I'm not sure if that will affect the future of upcoming GT titles but I still hope for the best. Who knows though. If I were him, I'd probably listen to what the fans of the racing game want and try my best to satisfy them with another major title but to deliver that promise would be a difficult task, indeed.
With backwards compatibility I could play it, you mean :P, I have my Ps2 and Ps1 in storage, and they currently work... but Im afraid when or if they break.. they'll be gone forever.
My PS1 is 23 years old at this point lol the next game may be its last.
lol

With backwards compatibility I could play it, you mean :P, I have my Ps2 and Ps1 in storage, and they currently work... but Im afraid when or if they break.. they'll be gone forever.
lol
Well, yes. I don't know about that but that's how you could play the games once that happens.

One way is using an emulator and getting some digital copies of the game, perhaps? But I guess I shouldn't talk about it here because it's something not wholly legal at all, I suppose.

Although if you really love the game and still want to play it badly even these times, then why not? That should do you good. :lol:

lol

Look after the old girl, these things definitely have a shelf life!

With regards to the nostalgia thing though: I loved all the old games, played them all, but you know, I was doing some laps in qualifying for the Daily at Sardegna B last night, and it was freekin joyous. This is what I imagined driving games would be like when playing GT1 as a kid.

So I'm all in with the new direction. I know a lot will disagree, but hey :)

However, I'm not sure if that will affect the future of upcoming GT titles but I still hope for the best. Who knows though. If I were him, I'd probably listen to what the fans of the racing game want and try my best to satisfy them with another major title but t o deliver that promise would be a difficult task, indeed.
Thing is, a while back, I still can't remember if it was in an Official Playstation magazine or interview in gtplanet... where Kaz says how he doesn't look at what other games are doing and that he made the game to how he wants players to play the game.

In other games, the tools are usually provided, to play the game how players want. Gran Turismo games, are always about how we have to play the game. As in, we still have to unlock tracks by leveling up. Access to suits & helmets and customizing cars have to be leveled up. This is why I'm curious as to what he means by forgetting about the other games. What? the other games were "fun"?

GT Sport still requires players to do a certain amount of achievements, to access a particular Mode. The only way a starting player can jump straight into Sport Mode after the Etiquette video, is to buy a car with real money. The kart really has no use in Sport Mode. To get a car for this week's dailies, requires a player to do a few Circuit Experiences, for enough CR to buy a Gr.3/Gr.4 car. Maybe even win one or the other after a DWG.

I feel he'll continue to make the game as his vision, rather than what many fans want. He can sprinkle a few cars from the franchise here and there, a few tracks, but with Past, Present & Future as a possible theme for GT(X)? As much as I can try to speculate, I can't call it with Kaz at the wheel.

Exactly..
Ironic that, people say PD is banking too much on nostalgia and never moved on, yet here is revealed that Kaz forgot the old games and only concerned about new ones.

Exactly..
Natural though. Once one game is finished and released, they immediately start the planning process for the next game. It doesn't suprise me at all that he can't remember the older games. It's up to us to remember them and, if possible, bring that to his attention.

Natural though. Once one game is finished and released, they immediately start the planning process for the next game. It doesn't suprise me at all that he can't remember the older games. It's up to us to remember them and, if possible, bring that to his attention.
We did give him a copy of GTPEDIA :D I just need him to stop updating the game so I can finish the GT Sport chapter :lol:

We did give him a copy of GTPEDIA :D I just need him to stop updating the game so I can finish the GT Sport chapter :lol:

By then you will need to start on GT7 or GT something or other chapter. :lol:

Back