Normal Car Cup

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by psonefreak, Apr 15, 2002.

1. F20

F20

I used the NSX type S Zero

2. takumi64

takumi64

I won the Normal Car Cup with an FC RX-7 this time...

3. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

Ouch.

And congratulations.

4. takumi64

takumi64

Despite being an out-of-date car, the FC RX-7 is cool. No wonder Takahashi Ryosuke sticks with it. And it's as good as an FD RX-7.

5. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

After I recently won the Hard-Tuned Series with the FC RX-7 efini III without much difficulty, I began to wonder whether takumi64, when I write Normal Series, understands it to mean what we in North America mean by Tuned Series. takumi64 does play the Japanese version of the game, I believe.

The Tuned Series is after all, a series for cars which are normal in that they have not been race-modified.

I think I have heard Europeans refer to the Normal Car Cup as the Stock Car Series, but you couldn't call it that in a version distributed in the USA without causing confusion since what is called Stock Car Racing in the USA involves cars which are highly non-stock.

Indeed, the FC RX-7s as modeled in [size=+1]GT1[/size] are much nicer in handling than the FD RX-7s in the same game--in all of unmodified, tuned and race-mod form, but especially in tuned form unless you are careful/skillful/lucky.

6. Sleek Stratos

Sleek Stratos

I did it with a Demio once, killed the competition too. :sly:
    Then I fell off my bed. [​IMG]

7. tmuplaa

tmuplaa

Won with Concept Car. Any one else?

8. Sough

Sough

Mhm did it with the concept car before, as well as farming the hell out of the prize money with a Viper GTS. Would be fun seeing the worst car you could win it with, concept car is lowest in power, but perhaps another is worse in power to weight ratio? Mind you you'd have to decide if wallriding/ai bashing was legal.