Normal Car Cup

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by psonefreak, Apr 15, 2002.

1. submaniac93

submaniac93

nah just a mirrored Pulsar logo (bumper is only a half texture mirrored ontot he other side) :p gg~

2. Mouc

Mouc

You know what? The world's fastest commercially available car is... The Camaro.

Ok it's heavy, it has got a 3 speeds gearbox (have you ever drove in 4th in "stock" form?), but the engine is good, and the grip is phenomenal. It's just enough to win against the TRD 3000GT :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  3. Mouc

Mouc

Totally useless therefore absolutely essential, a run with the heaviest car of the game, an Aston Martin DB7 Volante.

I love this car :cool:

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  4. Mouc

Mouc

Hi,

A run with the Celica GT-Four. Really good (FWD ;) ) car, against the TRD 3000GT only. Wonder if a 1-1-2-1-2(or 3) wouldn't be possible against the NSX...

5. GTveteran

GTveteran

Do you not mean 4WD?:D

6. pez2k

pez2k

The AWD mode flag is missing for the GT-Four, along with the Evo 3, Pulsar GTi-R and Galant VR-4, which means that they fall back to behaving like a FWD car. It's the exact same bug as with the Audi TT in GT3, however unlike GT3 you can't just install a drivetrain upgrade to work around it.

GTveteran likes this.
  7. GTveteran

GTveteran

Well I obviously haven't been paying very good attention then, I had never noticed that about those cars.:confused:

Thanks for pointing that out @pez2k.:tup:

And @Mouc, I retract my correction. Carry on as you were.:lol:

Mouc likes this.
  8. Mouc

Mouc

There's no real offense, Sir. I was surprised when I discovered that point on this forum too :)
    But if you want to repent, I'm joking, you can watch this vid' 5 times successively without closing your eyes : an Impreza'94 wagon beating an NSX.

GTveteran likes this.
  9. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

What the hell, my whole childhood had been a lie :lol: I drove the Evo III a ton back in the day and never once I thought it behaved like an FF. Though to be fair, terminal FF understeer isn't modelled all that well in GT1 as all the cars are biased towards oversteer anyway :p

10. submaniac93

submaniac93

How to recognize a FF in GT: Handbrake doesn't engage neutral, (GT1 specifically) braking has some extreme ABS action, and obviously, way too much wheelspin going forward heh ☕

11. Mouc

Mouc

Hi,

Although it's been already documented on GT Planet (by Submaniac especially), I prepared a short vid' to illustrate it again, since the 4 "wrong 4WD cars" can win the Normal Cup.
    Done on Test Course, this track is perfect to check the point:
    By the way, if you look at the Galant VR-4 around 40 seconds, I wonder if the "Supersonic Wall Ride" bug has really disappeared in the PAL version... :)

Totally on-topic now, I tried several times these days to beat the TRD 3000GT with the Cosmo 20B (on PAL). 3 first races are doable with an "almost clean" driving, even if Grand Valley East is tough. The big problem for me is to take the lead. If you take it, the car is good enough to win, but if you don't...
    Would be great to see Submaniac give a try (and win!) :)

submaniac93 likes this.
  12. Mouc

Mouc

"Pardon me Lord 'cause I wallrode... But you know that this car is heavy as hell"

Cosmo 20B finally done! Needed several tries, no NSX, dirty driving and quite a lot of luck at Grand Valley East II: the RX-7 and TRD 3000GT fighting together and losing time, allowing the Cosmo to come back...

Happy I am :)

This one is a nasty 1-1-1-2-3 victory (37 to 36 points, because I'm so bad @ DeepForest II), but with clean driving, I think (and hope) a 1-1-2-1-3 is doable :)

Liquid likes this.
  13. Mouc

Mouc

Hi,

Added some runs since last post, especially with both Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R V-Spec I & II.
    Is it me, or these cars are harder to control than the "Normal" R32 GT-R, or R32 GT-R Nismo? I double checked, I'd swear they are more tail happy than the rest :)

Also added a failed attempt on PAL with an FC RX-7. Well it's definitely above me I think: Grand Valley East II is tough (finished 2nd), wallriding @ Clubman Stage R5 II, got nailed in the last chicane by the FD RX-7 A-Spec @ SSR11 .
    But I wonder if a win at Deepforest wouldn't be possible, at the condition of taking the lead (what I missed) during the very first lap, and knowing that the A.I. is quite bad in the final straight (pushing at the back, without trying to overtake).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020