Notification of Maintenance 7/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm anxious to see what it is. Simple "server maintenance" doesn't require a shutdown or loss of service. Even when they update for seasonals, there are a bit of disconnections rather than a shut down. A complete shut down means a new version of the game.

I'm curious.

Bringing this from the other thread:

hypetrain_zpsvvqlzkeh.png

Reserve seats now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That really got me there.

I'm not really expecting a new update with new stuff to be added. We just got the Tomahawk VGT and another updated version of the Festival of Speed. Even though its 3 hours long and you might be thinking that it's going to be another update that is going to add new content to the game, it could just be an update to improve the online stability like people pointed out earlier.

Haven't got my PS3 back yet but I hope I do get it back next week and all the problems I've had with it will be gone.

Something tells me it's going to be a massive netcode update. With the new SRT Tomahawk X out, I bet the game's netcode really struggles to keep up with the thing and how freakishly fast it can go.

Either they're going to do some changes to the server and release a hotfix, or release a patch alongside some server changes that address some things like this.

However, I do recall Kaz saying that "we'll be featuring our tracks from the Course Maker first before putting the feature into the game" or something similar of the sort. If Sierra was not it, then it could be happening.

Alrighty, I think it's time for a bet! :mischievous:

The bet: That there will be new content added on July 1st when server maintenance is supposed to occur

The cost: The losing team must wear an 'I ♥️ Justin Bieber' avatar for one month! :mischievous:

Good luck! :lol::mischievous:

The bet: That there will be new content added on July 1st when server maintenance is supposed to occur

The cost: The losing team must wear an 'I ♥️ Justin Bieber' avatar for one month! :mischievous:

On one hand, I'm tempted to make someone else where that avatar :sly:

On the other, I'm also not sure if I want to push my luck. The last bet was kinda predictable from the start, this isn't as easy to predict.

Thinking hard about this one.

A lot of people will be disappointed on here when July 1st passes, and the maintenance is just to improve server stability. Unless there's a Pit Stop blog or a GT website article on it before the maintenance, then I'm not expecting Course Maker to arrive at all.

I'm in! Common new content! Don't fail me now PD

I'm in! But before I pick sides I need to know what you mean by "new content". Does any change to the game count?

Think about it guys...This is a 3.5 hour process. I'm positive that the Course Maker is coming along with the Lamborghini VGT, Lamborghini Huracan, Ferrari La Ferrari, McLaren P1 and get ready for this...the Porsche 918 AND Porsche 919 LMP!! There are going to be three extra special Seasonal Events with Ferrari, McLaren & Porsche. If you complete a Bronze Medal lap time you win the cars for free and if you achieve a Gold Medal time...this is so sick...you win a free La Ferrari, P1 and/or 918 IN REAL LIFE!!! This is going to be the sickest update ever!!!11!!1!!!!111!!

I honestly think all of the above is going to happen. OR, it's just going to be quiet maintenance to tidy up server-side things and we will receive no new changes to GT6. :rolleyes:

Sounds like routine server maintenance. Don't get your hopes up
Routine server maintenance? It always seems to me that the servers are getting worse every time we get maintenance and/or update.

I am pretty sure they have not ever really maintained the server.

It''s just going to be a maintenance....and I think this is one of the things they might fix.

If you try to do an online race on route X using the Tomahawk X and then reach around 350+ MPH then the lobby will get glitched and then you get disconnected for the lobby being unstable..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back