Notification of Maintenance 7/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not expecting anything from this next maintenance. Anything we get I'll consider a bonus.

It's really livened up here on GTP over the last 24hrs, so much excitement, the threads have gone mental, I cant keep up.

I'll just assume something's coming that warrants PD having to announce maintenance two weeks in a row.

"Oops, we forgot to give you this other GT-R with the last update. Enjoy!"

:lol:

Careful PD, people for once actually liked a GT-R you gave them. Don't push your luck :lol:

Unless its the retro liveried one, then go nuts.

Let's not get all worked up. This is probably just routine maintenance. It could be something, but it's always best to expect noting and be surprised than to expect something and be let down.

They knew nobody would care of Tomahawk if the 1.20 contained the course maker, so they let Tomahawk shine for a few days :D

(even though i still dont believe that this update will be the course maker update :) )

It'll most likely try and fix the borked servers and borked sound that came with the Tomahawk update (damn those loud screeching noises).

IMO, Course Maker is probably as good as vapourware at this point.

It'll most likely try and fix the borked servers and borked sound that came with the Tomahawk update (damn those loud screeching noises).

IMO, Course Maker is probably as good as vapourware at this point.

I'm just hoping it doesn't end up like Duke Nukem Forever: From being labeled vapourware to people wishing it remained vaporware.

Maybe there's an update, but knowing how game patch/update certification works with Sony, I wouldn't be so sure of an update happening. It wouldn't make sense for PD to submit an update, and then submit another one within a week of the previous one since the certification process could take 1 week on average. Would have made more sense to have the update as one whole package instead of split over 2 weeks. That's extra money spent and extra time needed to certify things.

I'd speculate that this is a server fix/restart/reconfigure for a future update instead of an immediate update.

Maybe there's an update, but knowing how game patch/update certification works with Sony, I wouldn't be so sure of an update happening. It wouldn't make sense for PD to submit an update, and then submit another one within a week of the previous one since the certification process could take 1 week on average. Would have made more sense to have the update as one whole package instead of split over 2 weeks. That's extra money spent and extra time needed to certify things.

I'd speculate that this is a server fix/restart/reconfigure for a future update instead of an immediate update.

Since they are a 1st party studio they may not need that certification process , also Kaz is the vice president of Sony Japan if i'm not mistaken , so i doubt he needs all those processes.

Since they are a 1st party studio they may not need that certification process , also Kaz is the vice president of Sony Japan if i'm not mistaken , so i doubt he needs all those processes.
Patches still need to be certified that they work and don't majorly break a game, regardless of connection to Sony's board of executives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back