Notification of Maintenance 7/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patches still need to be certified that they work and don't majorly break a game, regardless of connection to Sony's board of executives.

That's why the transmission glitch happened right?

I doubt they do much testing , it should be pretty easy and fast for them to get the update out.

That's why the transmission glitch happened right?

I doubt they do much testing , it should be pretty easy and fast for them to get the update out.
"They" also have to deal with all other game's patches. I don't pay attention to all of the game's updates, but the transmission glitch was fixed in a hotfix, yes? That's not a major game-breaking bug. Patch certification focuses on the content of the patch doing what it needs to do. There's always the possibility that something else unrelated might break. It's a good thing most devs can implement hotfixes/server updates for things like that.

"They" also have to deal with all other game's patches. I don't pay attention to all of the game's updates, but the transmission glitch was fixed in a hotfix, yes? That's not a major game-breaking bug. Patch certification focuses on the content of the patch doing what it needs to do. There's always the possibility that something else unrelated might break. It's a good thing most devs can implement hotfixes/server updates for things like that.

That is true , the glitch was solved pretty quickly actually.

But still , we should never rule out the possibility of an update , even tho PD never did this before , and the maintenance is longer than usual. Let's see , it's only a few days away.

Yeah , me too , because it's seems odd to release an update 1 week after the one we got , but who knows?

It sounds very unlikely that a new update would come less than a week after the last update.

I'd be willing to bet that even if PD surprised people with Porsche DLC, it would still be ignored for the Course Maker.
I know I would ignore it. Would you rather drive a RUF on virtually any track you create, or drive a very similar vehicle on the same tracks you have always been driving on?

Personally, I would rather create many more oval tracks and race Nascars on them.

Unless a second update was already being processed by SCE. The last update was mostly brought out because Goodwood was happening.
It's possible, but unlikely. It would have meant that they would have been overlapping the certification process of two updates.

It's pretty much the only way I can see a potential update on tuesday. But as you've said, it sounds unlikely.

Oh goodie, the old "RUFs are identical to Porsches" argument. :rolleyes:
It was not an argument at all. It was a question being proposed to somebody else, not involving you. Unless you want involved. In that case you can properly answer the question rather than be negative about the situation and instigate.

P.S. "Similar" and "Identical" have different meanings.

Last edited:
I know I would ignore it. Would you rather drive a RUF on virtually any track you create, or drive a very similar vehicle on the same tracks you have always been driving on?

Personally, I would rather create many more oval tracks and race Nascars on them.
If we can make rally courses like Toscana, I wanna make a short 1/3 mile Dirt oval. Then I'll have a place to drive the Mario Andretti Hudson!

While I am not expecting ANYTHING to come from this upcoming maintenance period, I would like to respond to the people who claim an update could never come so closely on the heels of a previous update. Here is some information on previous GT6 updates:

(Version, Release Date MM/DD/YYYY, Quick Summary of Update, Days Between Updates)

v1.01 12/5/2013 Brings Vision GT, Online Features, & More
v1.02 12/18/2013 Red Bull X Challenge, Login Credit Bonus & More 13 Days

v1.03 1/22/2014 BMW M4, the Toyota FT-1 concept, and Mario Andretti's 1948 Hudson stock car
v1.04 1/28/2014 Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series, the Corvette Stingray GT Concept '13 and two variants of the Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 6 Days

v1.07 5/14/2014 Minor functionality tweaks to online mode, BMW Vision GT
v1.08 5/30/2014 Ayrton Senna Tribute Content, Mitsubishi Vision GT Car 16 Days

v1.10 7/25/2014 Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo and Nissan CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo, Brake Caliper Paint, More Car Number Customization Options and Engine brake reduction control on formula cars disabled
v1.11 8/6/2014 Improvements to mutli-monitor and open lobby 12 Days

v1.15 12/17/2014 Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Tursimo & Infiniti Vision Vision Gran Tursimo
v1.16 12/24/2014 Mazda LM55 Vision Vision Gran Tursimo 7 Days

The website that I took this information from stopped at v1.16. There was also set of updates 15 days apart that I forgot to list. So, as you can see...there are occasionally times when updates do occur fairly close to each other.

SOURCE: http://justinfromthesandbox.blogspot.com/2015/01/gran-turismo-6-update-history.html

A good ca *s******s* good car *s******s* a good caree *s******s* a good career mode! *bursts out laughing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back