Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.
Where does the Editors opening post describing the purpose of the PitStop blog state anything regarding GT6.

"Hello everyone, this is the PITSTOP Editorial Team.

We’ve created a new place for sharing information with Gran Turismo fans: the “Gran Turismo PIT STOP”.

The PIT STOP is a blog-style service that brings you information regarding Gran Turismo in a casual way. Taking an approach that is a bit different from the official gran-turismo.com, we’ll be bringing you bits of info that didn’t make it into the official news.

At PIT STOP, a variety of authors in addition to its writers will be posting articles from all over the world. Visitors can also leave comments on these articles as well, but please keep in mind that there may be cases in which inappropriate comments or those that are unrelated to the topic in question may be deleted. You will need to login with a Facebook account in order to be able to leave a comment.

We are hoping that this new communication channel will be a great way to bring all GT fans together in a dedicated community platform, so please come join us!"

I'm fairly certain I pointed that out rather clearly just a few posts ago.

And yet ...

The way the blog is described doesn't exclude the type of articles I mentioned. In fact why would they post the article about sounds if it did ?

Then there was article about how the PD staff went to the Ring to get the "racing feel" to make the better game.

That was all great but shortly after it all stopped.

You're making it out as if the description totally justifies the content but it doesn't.

In fact it's quite the opposite - "about Gran Turismo" means "about Gran Turismo" and not "about everything AROUND Gran Turismo, Kaz, sponsorships and races"

To me it implies that first and foremost we will learn about "Gran Turismo - the game" because first and foremost we are the players of the game.

Instead it's now "Gran Turismo - the culture".

It's not disrespectful , its how they operate and we got to deal with it.
I'm sorry, but I gonna have to disagree with you on that. Why must we tolerate this "being left in the dark" nonsense? It could drive a fan mad and move on since said developer saids nothing other in interviews (which all tend to sound very vaguely). You can only be patient for so long before you give up, lose all faith and just moving on to better games that treats their fans with care and respect.

I'm sorry, but I gonna have to disagree with you on that. Why must we tolerate this "being left in the dark" nonsense? It could drive a fan mad and move on since said developer saids nothing other in interviews (which all tend to sound very vaguely). You can only be patient for so long before you give up, lose all faith and just moving on to better games that treats their fans with care and respect.

What do you want them to say? They already said the course maker was the delayed because they were having problems with it and if they have nothing else to talk , they wont. But at the end of the day they do what they want and you can't agree or disagree on that , that's just how it is.

The PIT STOP is a blog-style service
that brings you information regarding Gran Turismo
in a casual way. Taking an approach that is a bit
different from the official gran-turismo.com, we’ll be
bringing you bits of info that didn’t make it into the official news.

Has it really been 6 months already?

You have an obvious agenda with this thread.
And endlessly pushing your own agenda doesn't make for a fair poll.
And even still you lost the fight.

Your opinion are yours, and it's been recognised.
But it seems the majority form a different view.

Last edited:
What do you want them to say? They already said the course maker was the delayed because they were having problems with it and if they have nothing else to talk , they wont. But at the end of the day they do what they want and you can't agree or disagree on that , that's just how it is.
I think you misunderstood on what I was saying. What I'm trying to say is PD should be more open other than "the Course Maker ran into some problems and it's getting delayed", only to be left in the dark for the next few months again. To be honest with you, I don't even care about the CM anymore because I feel it ain't ever gonna come. All I want more is for Kaz and PD to be open and interact with their fans more, rather than be told "soon" and disappear after. They can say anything it dosen't matter to me as long as it's about the game and nothing else minor like this blog's article for one.

They already said the course maker was the delayed because they were having problems with it and if they have nothing else to talk , they wont.

He didn't say they were having problems, he said it was more work than expected. That could be problems, or it could be Polyphony just having no idea of what they were getting themselves into. Just because I think I can make a cake in 10 minutes, doesn't mean I had problems when it took an hour and a half.

Given that he thought it had a fair chance of being in the game at release, and yet here we are 18 months later, I think most of us could have pieced together that it was more work than expected. ;)

It's Kaz doing what most PR people do, and giving answers that impart no new information at all. It's an old trick and one can hardly begrudge him for it, but at the same time we shouldn't pretend that it counts as actual communication.

He didn't say they were having problems, he said it was more work than expected. That could be problems, or it could be Polyphony just having no idea of what they were getting themselves into. Just because I think I can make a cake in 10 minutes, doesn't mean I had problems when it took an hour and a half.

Given that he thought it had a fair chance of being in the game at release, and yet here we are 18 months later, I think most of us could have pieced together that it was more work than expected. ;)

It's Kaz doing what most PR people do, and giving answers that impart no new information at all. It's an old trick and one can hardly begrudge him for it, but at the same time we shouldn't pretend that it counts as actual communication.
Oh it's definitely that. I find very ridiculous that Kaz and PD even attempted to remake the CM. Should have stook with the old one if they were to keep their fans waiting THIS long? I say screw that crap feature anyway. All I can say Kaz is good, he's very good at this stuff many let's him get away scot free with...

I like "normal" cars too, but it is kind of important to have a good selection of race cars, so that you can recreate at least a few real life racing leagues.
I'm not sure why this is a point of contention. Unless you want yours or your dad's car in GT6, or a certain choice late model beauty, it already has a quite diverse selection of street cars. The choice of race and rally cars however is quite spotty. Having a few Vision GTs which serve well in racing roles is decent, and you can bring together cars of roughly similar performance to have a good race. But there just aren't enough DTM cars to stage a proper DTM race without some duplicates, for example. Want to have an online WTCC league? Good luck with that.

This matter would be handled satisfactorily if we had a good Race Mod implementation and a Livery Editor. This is what makes Forza such a hit with racing fans, because you can turn almost any car in the game into a serious racing machine. And this is what Gran Turismo has been lacking since GT2, and the feeble implementation in GT5 with all of 17 cars. As in P CARS and Forza for a while, the RUFs make good substitutions for Porsche, and it would be really nice if we could give the RUFs in GT6 a racing makeover.

One more thing which I hope makes a stellar debut in GT7. If PD would bestow this on us in GT6 with Course Maker II and an Event Maker, the wait for GT7 would be no big deal, but I'm thinking the real goodies are going to manifest in the next Gran Turismo.

Oh it's definitely that. I find very ridiculous that Kaz and PD even attempted to remake the CM. Should have stook with the old one if they were to keep their fans waiting THIS long? I say screw that crap feature anyway. All I can say Kaz is good, he's very good at this stuff many let's him get away scot free with...
Yes, and we know what happens when Kaz makes statements that don't bear out. "Kaz lied, kittens died." I wouldn't say anything definite either, unless I knew without doubt what I was going to say was true to the second with this planet's current attitude.

I find it more disrespectful of having said developer ignore its fan base and keeping them in the dark. THAT is more worse IMO.

The fan base is quiet content.

The only ones complaining of disrespect are those that claim they have moved on, often saying they no longer support PD. Obviously they aren't part of the fan base anymore.

If you can't respect PD or it's fan base, then you shouldn't expect to be respected.
Disrespect is negative respect, whereas what you are describing is the absence of respect.

The fan base is quiet content.

The only ones complaining of disrespect are those that claim they have moved on, often saying they no longer support PD. Obviously they aren't part of the fan base anymore.

If you can't respect PD or it's fan base, then you shouldn't expect to be respected.
Disrespect is negative respect, whereas what you are describing is the absence of respect.
Anyone posting here is part of the fanbase. Your narrow definition of people still playing the game being fans while convenient, is self serving and short sighted. I don't know of anyone contributing in any significant way to this forum, that hasn't purchased at least one version of Gran Turismo and most of us have been fans for many years and many iterations of the game. Clearly there is discontent among the fanbase as nearly 50% of the most dedicated fanbase in all of GT is on the fence or will not be buying GT7 whereas I think I can safely say (IMO of course) that any GT was an automatic purchase for most fans in the past. 3 out of 4 fans from this forum will not be happy with standard cars being included on PS4, yet Kaz seems to want to plow ahead with standards. Clearly the fanbase is increasingly divided and this is the place to voice our discontent, whether you still play the game or not.

This is the place to voice both your like and dislike of the current state of the franchise and there's nothing you can do to quell the tide. You are free to keep trying though.

Last edited:
Anyone posting here is part of the fanbase. Your narrow definition of people still playing the game being fans while convenient, is self serving and short sighted. I don't know of anyone contributing in any significant way to this forum, that hasn't purchased at least one version of Gran Turismo and most of us have been fans for many years and many iterations of the game. Clearly there is discontent among the fanbase as nearly 50% of the most dedicated fanbase in all of GT is on the fence or will not be buying GT7 whereas I think I can safely say that any GT was an automatic purchase for most fans in the past.

This is the place to voice both your like and dislike of the current state of the franchise and there's nothing you can do to quell the tide. You are free to keep trying though.

There is a current fan base, and there are those that used to be fans.

You are a member of a fan site, that doesn't necessarily mean you are part of the fan base.

There is a current fan base, and there are those that used to be fans.

You are a member of a fan site, that doesn't necessarily mean you are part of the fan base.
Again, your narrow definition of what is and is not a GT fan is nothing more than self serving and short sighted. All us discontented fans of the series post here because we want things to change, we want the game overhauled and brought back to being the kind of game we loved for many years. It's ok for you to disagree with our opinion of the state of the game and the franchise, but you don't get to decide on our behalf whether we are fans of the game or the franchise.

All us discontented fans of the series post here because we want things to change, we want the game overhauled and brought back to being the kind of game we loved for many years.
That's exactly what I want. I don't know what happened with PD that made them offer poor games recently. It seemed on the good path until Gran Turismo 5 IMO. Even Prologue as a little game was awesome, more fun for me although for a shorter period because less content. I can't understand.

That's exactly what I want. I don't know what happened with PD that made them offer poor games recently. It seemed on the good path until Gran Turismo 5 IMO. Even Prologue as a little game was awesome, more fun for me although for a shorter period because less content. I can't understand.

This is only your opinion. Not generality, thank you.

I think you misunderstood on what I was saying. What I'm trying to say is PD should be more open other than "the Course Maker ran into some problems and it's getting delayed", only to be left in the dark for the next few months again. To be honest with you, I don't even care about the CM anymore because I feel it ain't ever gonna come. All I want more is for Kaz and PD to be open and interact with their fans more, rather than be told "soon" and disappear after. They can say anything it dosen't matter to me as long as it's about the game and nothing else minor like this blog's article for one.

This is totally true. We are in 2015,communication is something PD needs to open up to.

Everytime I see an alert for this thread I swear there's a new article, much to my non surprise it's just more of this.

I be thinking the same. I haven't been really on the GT6 part of this forum that much ever since project cars release. The only thing I was doing was saying that PD needs to communicate more.

I cannot stress how many times that's been beaten into our heads on this very thread.
Because he's right and it's true. It's 2015 and yet said developer STILL doesn't want to interact with fans other than in interviews or whatever. Why do you think it'll continue to be beaten after one has seen other developers being communicative with fans? But fine, I'll stop disrespecting the all mighty "king" who can do no wrong and continue my "negativity" in the whinging and crying thread that'll probably get attacked by someone because his or her lord was mentioned.

End of.

The point he was making is that it's been said so many times already, it's just beating a dead horse at this point. Saying it even more won't change anything.

The point he was making is that it's been said so many times already, it's just beating a dead horse at this point. Saying it even more won't change anything.
But, really, that's all the thread has ever done since the blog stopped being used by PD in any great capacity. Between the same handful of people complaining over and over again that PD needs to say something of consequence (most annoyingly when the thread isn't even bumped in relation to anything just to complain about it) and the same handful people trying over and over again to force the made up narrative that the blog was never intended to talk about things of consequence, it would probably be for the best if the damn thing was just locked until something of consequence is actually posted.

Pretty sure the original creator of the thread has abandoned it because of constant communication complaints or the thread going a completely different direction. The thread stays on topic for a couple posts, then falls back to communication complaints until another article is posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back