OK, I've had enough.aka"DA throws down the Gauntlet"

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 199 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
he's asking about the chicane after the turn under the huge tire(where all the cones are). I would think you can, it's part of the track.

I'm specifically leaving this open as to weather it's wet or not (All I stated was that it had to be Tsukuba).

21 megabytes is the limit of the file size I'll be downloading. If I look at my hard drive after "right click" and "save as" and it says more than 21 megabytes, it'll get rejected.

Now, just to help this contest along, I'm allowing a critique, with no consequence. If you want to PM me a link a week ahead of time (if it's the last week, I'll consider it a final entry) I'll review it and offer notes ahead of time so you can improve.

This is for eveyone to make sure they are headed in the right direction. I'd hate to see someone submit and have them come in with a pristine lap instead of a "wow" video.

AO

Der Alta
I'm specifically leaving this open as to weather it's wet or not (All I stated was that it had to be Tsukuba).

AO

whether, weather....
is this some sorta bad pun? :odd:

I'm taking you up on that generous offer AO,

apexd1fd3s
hmmm your second post with a happy face.. either your happy to see us, or u want us to go to the link on ur sig...?

Actually that was his fourth Happy face post.

apexd1fd3s
hmmm your second post with a happy face.. either your happy to see us, or u want us to go to the link on ur sig...?

Well check it out, it's a pretty nice site:tup: But it's not the way you should get the attention to your site:tdown:

Put some more attention on his site to this site too:mischievous:👍:cool:;)

Actually, thats a very direct way of attracting my attention.

:(

Now, I'm off to review his posts, and likely drop Swift a PM.

AO

Der Alta
Actually, thats a very direct way of attracting my attention.

:(

Now, I'm off to review his posts, and likely drop Swift a PM.

AO

:scared:Ohh it sounds like your in big trouble now......I think(GT4drifters I mean):scared::ill:

OK, reviewed my first video today. A submission came in for an early critique.

One is on the mark for what I was expecting. Now, I just hope the rest of you that have expressed interest in this competition actually submit one.

If not, it's an easy win for someone.

AO

I have one coming, although i need to start practicing more on Tsukuba :grumpy: Not a favorite track of mine but I understand that it really is a good technical track :)

Der Alta
OK, reviewed my first video today. A submission came in for an early critique.

One is on the mark for what I was expecting. Now, I just hope the rest of you that have expressed interest in this competition actually submit one.

If not, it's an easy win for someone.

AO

Isn't it still early? I know if I turn one in right now, I might end up making another one I like better. :)

apexd1fd3s
Isn't it still early? I know if I turn one in right now, I might end up making another one I like better. :)
Yes, it is early.

I've offered everyone the chance to submit one video early. As long as it is before April 15th. This early submittal is for critique and help only. I will not consider it a final submission unless you tell me so.

By doing this, I hope to avoid people saying (after the submission) "But I didn't know that was what you wanted". I posted ForcedInductions "ProjectAWDblack" as and example to also help out in this regard.

I actually reviewed my second video last night as well, and it had a few issues.

If the rest of you can match the first video submitted, I'm it'll be damn hard selecting the top three.

So, yes, apex, you can send me a link and I'll review it and offer my notes, but that's the one shot you get for a critique. Keep in mind, I'm not likely to be gentle with my critique, as I want all you to surpass ForcedInductions excellent video.

Shoes. Excellent. Looking forward to it.

AO

Thanks for the info DA. I've read through your posts in this thread so hopefully I didn't miss something. So basically if I want a chance to know if my video conflicts with any of your rules, I would have to supply you the video by April 15th so you would allow me to fix my errors? I should have it done by then anyway.

apexd1fd3s
Thanks for the info DA. I've read through your posts in this thread so hopefully I didn't miss something. So basically if I want a chance to know if my video conflicts with any of your rules, I would have to supply you the video by April 15th so you would allow me to fix my errors? I should have it done by then anyway.
Actually, it's not to see if it conflicts with the rules of the comp, but rather to see what things I think you should improve to have a better chance at winning. After all, I laid out the submittal requirements, but the members of GTPlanet are picking the winner.

This offer is simply to give each of you one shot at a critique, so that none of you have the excuse of going in blind to the judging. I want each member to have a good chance at winning this.

Looking forward to it.

AO

How long would it take (estimated) to edit your >28< replays into a drift vid? (not whole laps, just corners from the replay) Just to know if I could make it if I start, let's say, in two days.

G-T-4-Fan
How long would it take (estimated) to edit your >28< replays into a drift vid? (not whole laps, just corners from the replay) Just to know if I could make it if I start, let's say, in two days.

i took the replays i wanted, captured them (4 different views), and put them into a decent vid in about 8 hours.

i got a second opinion on my vid, spent about another 6 hours doing some small fixes, and have it in its final form now. Rendering this very moment. I'd estimate that it has 35 to 40 separate clips.

it doesnt take too long if you have some specific goals in mind. Lots of time left

TankSpanker
i took the replays i wanted, captured them (4 different views), and put them into a decent vid in about 8 hours.

i got a second opinion on my vid, spent about another 6 hours doing some small fixes, and have it in its final form now. Rendering this very moment. I'd estimate that it has 35 to 40 separate clips.

it doesnt take too long if you have some specific goals in mind. Lots of time left

And that my friend, I dont know if I have the patience for it. But it certainly is the way to do it if its going to be your best possible replay :)

194GVan
And that my friend, I dont know if I have the patience for it. But it certainly is the way to do it if its going to be your best possible replay :)
Yes, I think you do have the patience for it.

In fact, I hope you do.

I had hoped that the prize of three months of GTPremium would give enough incentive. 3 months of ad free GTP, plus access to the GTPremium forum, and a host of other nice features.

AO

Der Alta
Yes, I think you do have the patience for it.

In fact, I hope you do.

I had hoped that the prize of three months of GTPremium would give enough incentive. 3 months of ad free GTP, plus access to the GTPremium forum, and a host of other nice features.

AO

My thoughts exactly. 30-40 hours of work for over 2,000 hours (thoeretically) of possible time spent on GTP with a premium membership. Sounds like a good deal to me

I have an answer:
read the thread

shima
I have to say.. it's definately multipule times easier to drift with the DS2 then with the DFP.
Will you be in favor of DFP users? Or will there be no penalty for DS2 users?

apexd1fd3s
DFP may be harder, but it has greater potential. The range of control is much broader. I don't think there should be any handicap points for what type of controller you use.

edit: by the way, i'm a DS2 drifter

Der Alta
ACtually, I have no preference either way. In fact, you need not show the steering wheel in the replay at all.

Any and all judging will be done solely on the video presented.

AO

that's a solid 'no'
the controller used does not matter in the judging

TankSpanker

OK I'm patient, hope I'll be able to get it on time:D I'm going too collect some more infoo on the Dazzle (the prizes in the local shops I mean, the dazzle itself is clearly explained for me in my thread:tup::sly: )

ok, I've reviewed three movies so far.

Two were outstanding, and easily comparable. THe third one, I had to DQ as it violated the regulations set forth.

I've got to finish my critique of one, but am quite excited to see the progress so far. And with 3 weeks still to go.

AO

Dont know whats going to happen now Der Alta's Banned?

Or is this a Joke?

VIPERGTSR01
Dont know whats going to happen now Der Alta's Banned?

Or is this a Joke?

Yep, it's been confirmed with Jordan. DA is out. So I'll be taking over this challenge.

Just PM all entry links to me and I'll personally give out the same reward that DA was offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back