OK, I've had enough.aka"DA throws down the Gauntlet"

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 199 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i dont know how to rephrase it i can take the s turn like your going threw a turn sideways if this makes no sence slap me because im still in hs

rickjames
lol i dont know how to rephrase it i can take the s turn like your going threw a turn sideways if this makes no sence slap me because im still in hs

The reason we're having problems is that there is no capitalization or punctuation in either of your posts. It makes it rather hard to decifer what you mean.

I think you're saying that you can take the whole section with a lot of angle. Is that correct?

rickjames

Please use decent grammar

By highschool I'm sure you know something about properly punctuating your sentences. Your sentence structure seems more like something you'd expect to see in the journal of a young elementary school student. It only takes an extra fraction of a second to insert a period and capitalize a letter.
:crazy:
[/offtopic]

Anyways, back to the challenge... I think thats what we came here to discuss.

s2000lover
does it matter if he cant use punctuations properly? lol, its only a forum not a damn exam :D

And it's this kind of attitude that keeps the drift forum looked down upon by the rest of the GTP community. It's always good to use the best grammar that you can. No point in sounding like a small child when you don't have to.

I have to say.. it's definately multipule times easier to drift with the DS2 then with the DFP.
Will you be in favor of DFP users? Or will there be no penalty for DS2 users?

DFP may be harder, but it has greater potential. The range of control is much broader. I don't think there should be any handicap points for what type of controller you use.

edit: by the way, i'm a DS2 drifter

ACtually, I have no preference either way. In fact, you need not show the steering wheel in the replay at all.

Any and all judging will be done solely on the video presented.

AO

He doesn't have to do anything. You're free to do whatever you please, but if you want people to understand you, punctuation is a good place to start...

For instance, in this post I've chosen to use several different types of punctuation. Notice the commas, the apostrophes, periods, and even elipses. All of these things help with understanding what I'm trying to communicate.

It's only a couple more key strokes per sentence :crazy:

Ugh, wish I'd check in here more often... gonna be hell learning Tsukuba in a day in my Capp since I've never drifted there before :crazy:

t0ast
Ugh, wish I'd check in here more often... gonna be hell learning Tsukuba in a day in my Capp since I've never drifted there before :crazy:

look again, you have a full month
:sly:

Bwah?

*blinks in disbelief then bangs his head on his desk repeatedly*

Perhaps this is a sign that I should be asleep by now. Boy do I feel dumb.

Plenty of time for all. I wanted to grant enough time so that eveone had at least 3 weeks of drifting time and replay time, plus a week or so for video construction.

I've also updated the first post to include a second place award and hint about an additional prize for first place.

AO

Der Alta
Plenty of time for all. I wanted to grant enough time so that eveone had at least 3 weeks of drifting time and replay time, plus a week or so for video construction.

I've also updated the first post to include a second place award and hint about an additional prize for first place.

AO

One thingie, is this honor price thing just the honor you automatically get, or a planned suprise or something else. Cause I wanted to ask to do this kind of reward for every weeks competition, if it's free AND if it's an actual reward.

I REALLY don't know if I'm gonna mis this award, but I'll sure be posting it at the end of the competition if I make it (that way theres NO WAY for you guys to make a better vid. quickly before the ending of the competition:mischievous: ).

G-T-4-Fan
One thingie, is this honor price thing just the honor you automatically get, or a planned suprise or something else. Cause I wanted to ask to do this kind of reward for every weeks competition, if it's free AND if it's an actual reward.

I REALLY don't know if I'm gonna mis this award, but I'll sure be posting it at the end of the competition if I make it (that way theres NO WAY for you guys to make a better vid. quickly before the ending of the competition:mischievous: ).
Drop me a PM if you think you know what the honor might be.

It will be a suprise award announced when voting on the final three videos. It'll not be something that can be given away every week. No, it's not free. Yes, it is an actual award.

AO

Last place gets banned (just kidding...)

hahah, that's sad. that would've been a crazy high-stakes challenge.. well at least for the regulars.

The unannounced prize is gonna lure alot of contenders. it's gonna be awesome!

B.t.w. since I haven't seen ONE vid. on this thread, are they posted here, or do you guys PM DA or something,

I can understand this PERFECT "wow" vid. will take time, but now I'm just getting curious:odd:

PM them to DA because they are supposed to be anonymous. I want to enter just so i can get his straightforward, no BS opinions on what i could work on to get better :D

vvv OWNED! :D

G-T-4-Fan
B.t.w. since I haven't seen ONE vid. on this thread, are they posted here, or do you guys PM DA or something,

I can understand this PERFECT "wow" vid. will take time, but now I'm just getting curious:odd:

its hard to post your own vid here and stay anonymous at the same time, wouldnt you say?
yes PM them to AO

from the very very first post:
Der Alta
I'd like have a list of participants, but it's not necessary. The entrants need only PM me a link before the deadline to where they've uploaded their video.

heh heh, 194GVan beat TankSpanker to the punch....Man, everyone is getting quick around here.

But I thought you couldn't be anonimous by PM too! Does that question "do you want a read receipt for this message" have something to do with it, I guess it has.....

Yes, I will know who sent me the link. That is why I want the link PM'd to me, so that I can keep "who" as tightly under wraps as possible. As I've figured it so far, I'll download the videos sort them and then host them off deralta.net for the final judging, renamed of course to protect the creator.

What I mean by anonymous is that when I post the poll of which three are the top, there will be no markings whatso ever showing who did it. If someone in the midst of the poll thread pops up and Says "Hey, I'm #2", it'll get DQ'd. If it's a random person that pops up and claims it's theirs, I'll smack them and show them the door.

I'll keep all possible ways of discovering who created it, hidden away.

Rest assured, I'll only give out as much info as necessary. I want this to be as fair as possible and as unbiased as possible. Hence why I'm having the final judging done by all of you.

I want the judging on everyones part to be anonymous. If I know, that's fine, as I'm just narrowing it down to the top three. If I can't narrow it down to three, I'll call in other sources and let them view the anonymous videos. I will be the only one to know who's videos are who's. If the other sources can't decide (with justifiable reason) I'll post more than three.

AO

Der Alta
I want the judging on everyones part to be anonymous. If I know, that's fine, as I'm just narrowing it down to the top three. If I can't narrow it down to three, I'll call in other sources and let them view the anonymous videos. I will be the only one to know who's videos are who's. If the other sources can't decide (with justifiable reason) I'll post more than three.

AO

Ow, I didn't know someone else is going to judge the vids. it makes perfect sence though.......

Ugh... this 21 mb file limit is killing me...

22.6 mb and shaving >_<

question: is the 21 mb the movie or can it be the size of a compressed file we send you?

i got my own Q, how do u send a saved vid to ur comp? and can it be on the wet course, and does it matter if u use the chicane after the turn under the tire? and stop complaining bout to many hairpin's, theres a easy drifting remindy

Using a capture card. No. Must be Tsukuba. I don't know what your asking. Who's complaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back