Oldest post on GTP?

Hey @Jordan I know it's a bit personal but, if you don't mind; I have to ask. How did you learn how to run a site like this? Did you attend college, just learn as you went, both or something else entirely?

6 months and 5 days old when Jordan made the rather unceremonious post. I've loved this place since I became a member back in 2013, and even before when I lurked. Man, you guys make me feel old and I'm only 14! :lol: :crazy:

I was...umm...an embryo.
6 months and 5 days old when Jordan made the rather unceremonious post. I've loved this place since I became a member back in 2013, and even before when I lurked. Man, you guys make me feel old and I'm only 14! :lol: :crazy:
And I was in my last year of Pre-School.

Time does fly indeed.

I remember finding this site looking for GT5 news back in 2006-2007

Then re-discovered it in 2010 looking for GT5 footage, then I joined in early 2012 because I got a little bit obsessed with the OCD back then, I spent literally months just lurking the forums until I made my first post in one of those OCD threads.

Hey @Jordan I know it's a bit personal but, if you don't mind; I have to ask. How did you learn how to run a site like this? Did you attend college, just learn as you went, both or something else entirely?
I just had to figure everything out as I went along. It was tough, as I was only 13 and didn't have any friends or family with experience in running websites. However, my parents were very supportive, and I absolutely loved everything about it and learned a lot solving all the problems that popped up over the years. I did eventually study computer science in college and graduate school, which helped me bring the site to where you see it today.

I just had to figure everything out as I went along. It was tough, as I was only 13 and didn't have any friends or family with experience in running websites. However, my parents were very supportive, and I absolutely loved everything about it and learned a lot solving all the problems that popped up over the years. I did eventually study computer science in college and graduate school, which helped me bring the site to where you see it today.
Well sir I must say you've done a fantastic job with this site. This is probably the most well run and user friendly forum on the internet.

Wow, 2001. :crazy: If I remember correctly, I was big into downloading music off of Napster, Kazaa, LimeWire, and BearShare on a 56k connection around that time as far as the internet goes. My oh my, how times have changed. :crazy: 14 years ago, I was 35 years old, in perfect health, and working at Roush Racing as a welder/fabricator in Livonia, Michigan.....miss those days. :guilty:

You've come a long way with the site @Jordan great job through the years. :bowdown:

I will start to talk about myself and GTPlanet.

When the first post happened over here, I was only 2 and more than month years old. I remember watching and playing GT back in 2002 with GT1 and GT2, later that year, we bought a ps2 and the first 2 games was GT3 and GTC. I didn't played GT4P back in 2004 but I remember seeing some kid playing it and selecting the Toyota prius...:P. With years and years I started to play GT more and getting better skills at it.

Although I join this forum since 2013, I actually knew this site since around 2008-2009 with me seeking on how to do the GT4 driving mission and looking at https://www.gtplanet.net/library/ (does anybody remember that?) And I remember seeing the news feed about GT5, I remember the news about Pd including Nurb GP/F and GP/D in GT5. I bought GT5 around Christmas 2010, 1 month after the release, I didn't however updated the game because at that time, we had a much poorer Internet connection which took ages to download so we didn't bother to do that until august 2012 where my dad finally upgraded the Internet package. Which then I had to download the Hugh downloads of GT5 which took from early morning to mid night!!

However I actually started playing GT5 online on March 2013 which's the reason why I joined this forum.

I have a suggestion for next year when GTP is going to have the 15th Anivversary: we should have a option to make the forum looks classic ( old GTPLANET look), it's should be optional.

^ Yep, that's it. Hard to believe I made that post almost exactly 14 years ago. :crazy:

@The Chosen One, you can learn more about GTPlanet's history here.
"This will take getting used to. How bout a general forum like on MSN?
So far I like. You rock @Jordan."

Lol Well we know the answer to that question!

In 2001 I was probably playing Rollercoaster Tycoon. (Age 6 1/2) :)

I was 23 when that first post was made (4 days away from 24). So, yeah, I feel quite old. I think I used to lurk on this forum for a number of years before I joined, if I remember correctly. I remember searching around for tips on beating mission 34 in GT4, and this was probably one of the sites I was on.

I know that I have been around for awhile, and upon checking my profile, I see that I joined January 3rd, 2005. That's 10 years ago.

Now excuse me while I go complain to myself about losing my favorite car in GT2 to the No Name No Name glitch, something I surely would have been doing in 2001.

Oh, you were one of those lucky ISDN users... I was stuck on 56k until mid-2002. It was incredibly difficult to manage the site with such a slow connection. I used to drive an hour just to visit a CompUSA store, where I could download backups of GTP using their cable modem demo. :crazy:

Did you buy anything each time you visited or just go to download the backup?

Back