Oldest post on GTP?

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Chosen One
  • 57 comments
  • 5,125 views
Hey @Jordan I know it's a bit personal but, if you don't mind; I have to ask. How did you learn how to run a site like this? Did you attend college, just learn as you went, both or something else entirely?
 
6 months and 5 days old when Jordan made the rather unceremonious post. I've loved this place since I became a member back in 2013, and even before when I lurked. Man, you guys make me feel old and I'm only 14! :lol: :crazy:
 
I was...umm...an embryo.
6 months and 5 days old when Jordan made the rather unceremonious post. I've loved this place since I became a member back in 2013, and even before when I lurked. Man, you guys make me feel old and I'm only 14! :lol: :crazy:
And I was in my last year of Pre-School.

Time does fly indeed.

I remember finding this site looking for GT5 news back in 2006-2007

Then re-discovered it in 2010 looking for GT5 footage, then I joined in early 2012 because I got a little bit obsessed with the OCD back then, I spent literally months just lurking the forums until I made my first post in one of those OCD threads.
 
Hey @Jordan I know it's a bit personal but, if you don't mind; I have to ask. How did you learn how to run a site like this? Did you attend college, just learn as you went, both or something else entirely?
I just had to figure everything out as I went along. It was tough, as I was only 13 and didn't have any friends or family with experience in running websites. However, my parents were very supportive, and I absolutely loved everything about it and learned a lot solving all the problems that popped up over the years. I did eventually study computer science in college and graduate school, which helped me bring the site to where you see it today.
 
...I was only 13...
Woah... that is an extremely weird thought. I just kind of assumed you had always been 28...

:eek:
 
I just had to figure everything out as I went along. It was tough, as I was only 13 and didn't have any friends or family with experience in running websites. However, my parents were very supportive, and I absolutely loved everything about it and learned a lot solving all the problems that popped up over the years. I did eventually study computer science in college and graduate school, which helped me bring the site to where you see it today.
Well sir I must say you've done a fantastic job with this site. This is probably the most well run and user friendly forum on the internet.
 
Wow, 2001. :crazy: If I remember correctly, I was big into downloading music off of Napster, Kazaa, LimeWire, and BearShare on a 56k connection around that time as far as the internet goes. My oh my, how times have changed. :crazy: 14 years ago, I was 35 years old, in perfect health, and working at Roush Racing as a welder/fabricator in Livonia, Michigan.....miss those days. :guilty:


You've come a long way with the site @Jordan great job through the years. :bowdown:
 
^ Yep, that's it. Hard to believe I made that post almost exactly 14 years ago. :crazy:

@The Chosen One, you can learn more about GTPlanet's history here.
Hard to believe GTPlanet is 14 years old. I was just 6 years old and didn't even have a game back when GTP started.
 
I will start to talk about myself and GTPlanet.

When the first post happened over here, I was only 2 and more than month years old. I remember watching and playing GT back in 2002 with GT1 and GT2, later that year, we bought a ps2 and the first 2 games was GT3 and GTC. I didn't played GT4P back in 2004 but I remember seeing some kid playing it and selecting the Toyota prius...:p. With years and years I started to play GT more and getting better skills at it.

Although I join this forum since 2013, I actually knew this site since around 2008-2009 with me seeking on how to do the GT4 driving mission and looking at https://www.gtplanet.net/library/ (does anybody remember that?) And I remember seeing the news feed about GT5, I remember the news about Pd including Nurb GP/F and GP/D in GT5. I bought GT5 around Christmas 2010, 1 month after the release, I didn't however updated the game because at that time, we had a much poorer Internet connection which took ages to download so we didn't bother to do that until august 2012 where my dad finally upgraded the Internet package. Which then I had to download the Hugh downloads of GT5 which took from early morning to mid night!!

However I actually started playing GT5 online on March 2013 which's the reason why I joined this forum.

I have a suggestion for next year when GTP is going to have the 15th Anivversary: we should have a option to make the forum looks classic ( old GTPLANET look), it's should be optional.
 
^ Yep, that's it. Hard to believe I made that post almost exactly 14 years ago. :crazy:

@The Chosen One, you can learn more about GTPlanet's history here.
"This will take getting used to. How bout a general forum like on MSN?
So far I like. You rock @Jordan."

Lol Well we know the answer to that question!

In 2001 I was probably playing Rollercoaster Tycoon. (Age 6 1/2) :)
 
I was only a month and 22 days old!
 
Obligatory nostalgia thread?

Obligatory nostalgia thread.
 
Strange, i could have sworn this thread looked different last time i checked. Did the nuns object?
 
Strange, i could have sworn this thread looked different last time i checked. Did the nuns object?
No, we love discussing sex and masturbation in the Site Support section. :rolleyes:
 
I wasn't even born when the oldest thread was created. Another sign that @Jordan is old.
 
I was 23 when that first post was made (4 days away from 24). So, yeah, I feel quite old. I think I used to lurk on this forum for a number of years before I joined, if I remember correctly. I remember searching around for tips on beating mission 34 in GT4, and this was probably one of the sites I was on.
 
I know that I have been around for awhile, and upon checking my profile, I see that I joined January 3rd, 2005. That's 10 years ago.


Now excuse me while I go complain to myself about losing my favorite car in GT2 to the No Name No Name glitch, something I surely would have been doing in 2001.
 
I wasn't even born when the oldest thread was created. Another sign that @Jordan is old.
Or that you're young

(Psssst don't upset Jordan, he'll throw a ban hammer at your knees :lol:)
 
TB
I used to be a member until I took a banhammer to the knees.
But, being deadpool, your knees regenerated and you were once again a member.

:p
 
Oh, you were one of those lucky ISDN users... I was stuck on 56k until mid-2002. It was incredibly difficult to manage the site with such a slow connection. I used to drive an hour just to visit a CompUSA store, where I could download backups of GTP using their cable modem demo. :crazy:

Did you buy anything each time you visited or just go to download the backup?
 
Back