Online Event Update December 25th @ 12am EST

• Thread starter Ghoa$t
  • 173 comments
PD must read this forum. their almost giving us events where we made a event in a event.

Edit. does that make sense.

I think I've got to say something to all the moaners in here. Let's be honest guys, GT series has only ever been successful as a game and it still is that - a game. We all would love a RWD only 550pp race at Suzuka with S2 tyres but would we constantly be filling the grids? We wouldn't and everyone who isn't a member, would more than likely be causing hefty amounts of puntage for us all...

This forum fills an important piece of PD's market research and for sure, they definately listen to us. But it's still a novelty when we see a full grid of members, isn't it?

Those new races to me look like a great laugh. Splitting the drivetrain up is awesome in my opinion. If someone now wants to run a RWD, in a RWD only class they can. Same goes for the others. Also, to bring back the F1's and give them a 20lap race is fantastic...Just a shame they're so difficult to control haha!

As for the people moaning about no tyre rules, to me I don't understand why this is a bad thing. It brings a different edge to driving. Usually, there's only a couple of cars which can cut the mustard. However, now if we're suffering with oversteer in cars like the M3 (which I do) you could try S3's on the rear, S2's on the front and sacrifice a bit of power for it - bringing it possibly closer to the more nimble cars.

I personally can't wait to get home and try this out.

We will rarely see full grids of members at any event they gave us. But at least now we've got more expert races to dabble in if we get bored of another...hopefully, instead of having to drop back and wait 30seconds and race!

If you want a more genuine sim, like I've said time and time before, where you can have private rooms, all the circuits and tracks, have 30minute practices, 1hour qualifying and a 3 hour race, with variable weather, damage, tyre wear, component failures, pit strategies, intensive car set-up's...buy a good gaming pc, wheel and pedals and either GTR-2 or r-factor.

If you want to get home, pick up your controller and within 2minutes be in a race with people all over the world where you can sip a beer down the main straight at Fuji - carry on playing GT5p.

Merry Christmas everyone and thank you PD :)

Is someone going to make a thread for the 650pp suzuka event with search times so we can try and get some good races.

Is someone going to make a thread for the 650pp suzuka event with search times so we can try and get some good races.

I would have, but dont have time, now off to the outlaws for lunch. Will be racing 650pp later in the day. 👍

PD must read this forum. their almost giving us events where we made a event in a event.

Edit. does that make sense.

Yes THANK YOU PD. The 20 lap F2007 race just flat out gives me hope for the future of GT online racing. Thank You for splitting up the drivetrains, so we dont have to make our own events. You have given us Whiney ungrateful bunch more than we expected,seems you do listen to us. But we are an adaptive bunch we will find MORE to whine about, See How Much WE LOVE YOUR GAME. Thanks

Wow!

Thanks PD.

Selection of pro-events gives me flashbacks from past, when I bought my GT5P. This really gives more interest to online-racing! Lack of world-events is weird. Maybe that 'non-RBE' really has something to do with it, even it sounds strange...? I know nothing about programming, but how the h*ll those two things could be related.

I think it's a nice range of events. It's a shame tyres aren't restricted but I'm happy enough with the races so far.

Happy Christmas to everyone!

(...)As for the events *sigh*, getting closer. I mean, super sticky tyres on FWD at the wide open long straights Fuji? FAIL
Edit 3: Although with this FWD event, if the car can even reach that PP level, it might be faster with lower grip tyres, and then all the punters who LOVE their high grip tyres won't keep up........ But 550 PP is a lot for a FWD car on low grip tyres...:indiff:
PP 650 Suzuka, another GTR dominated event? FAIL

PP 600 AWD Unrestricted tyres? Maybe.......

PP 550 RWD Suzuka with no tyre restrictions? FAIL, we should be limited to N1-S3 for this one.

Edit 2: So then, overall grade: fail

So it fails mostly because you like fixed tires :)

It's your opinion and I respect it, but I for one am happy with it! And the whole new PRO event pack.

a) Finally I can choose more grip or more speed according to the track/car/mood. But I may be under the influence of the fact that I can't drive the G25 too well yet.

b) FINALLY we get wheel drive separated events. Although I have a RWD preference, can't wait to try the Integra or the R8 on the other ones.

c) Also gotta love the longer lap nr races.

d) More Pro events than before

e) Again is proven that PD reads the forums and that what we write and the events we organize influence the upcoming events.

So for me it looks REALLY, REALLY GOOD! Can't wait to join in tonight!

PS: About the one car domination, it always was and always shall be like that, whatever event they come up with... It's better to use it or have fun trying to beat the dominator with a different car.

yeh man respect!!! 👍 theres alot more races in expert, i'm happy 👍 ive not entered one yet though.

So it fails mostly because you like fixed tires :)

It's your opinion and I respect it, but I for one am happy with it! And the whole new PRO event pack.

Not the tyre restrictions themselves, but rather the PP they chose. At Fuji, race tyres with FWD cars means barely any braking, although having driven it I can see that will still be a fun one, it shows who's willing to go balls to the walls.:lol: As for no tyre restrictions with RWD and 550 PP. If you want to be fast you'll have to use R3 tyres there, no doubt about it, but how many RWD cars are going to have to be downgraded just to reach that PP level with R3 tyres? I think nearly all of them except the Z4 and R8 at first guesstimate. And again, 650 PP I'm just sick of GTRs. The only other fast cars in 650 PP are the Tuned cars and they have be downgraded to near peasant levels.:crazy: I guess I'm saying I wish 650 PP was more like 750 or 800 even.

Otherwise, no, no problems with free tyre choice, makes it interesting in my book.;)

Is that what you want for Xmas?? :sly: No problem, I'll put it on the list 👍

👍

Hey turbo lol incase you were wondering I didnt relise I was in Auto when I started the race and continued straight on at first corner XD lol hope to race you again :)
Lol, i would have waited for you but i was having a good battle for 1st place with the other guy.

Thank you PD for this present! This combination of online events sounds fantastic. I can't wait getting behind my wheel.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you guys!

Not the tyre restrictions themselves, but rather the PP they chose. At Fuji, race tyres with FWD cars means barely any braking, although having driven it I can see that will still be a fun one, it shows who's willing to go balls to the walls.:lol: As for no tyre restrictions with RWD and 550 PP. If you want to be fast you'll have to use R3 tyres there, no doubt about it, but how many RWD cars are going to have to be downgraded just to reach that PP level with R3 tyres? I think nearly all of them except the Z4 and R8 at first guesstimate. And again, 650 PP I'm just sick of GTRs. The only other fast cars in 650 PP are the Tuned cars and they have be downgraded to near peasant levels.:crazy: I guess I'm saying I wish 650 PP was more like 750 or 800 even.

Otherwise, no, no problems with free tyre choice, makes it interesting in my book.;)

I agree with everything you said, with the exception that the GT-R is going to dominate the PP650 class. On S tires the GT-R is brutally quick at around PP600-650, once the R comps are available that advantage is totally thrown out the window, especially at Suzuka. The tuned cars are garbage at PP650 as well. The competitve cars for this event will likely be the Cali, 430, Sti, Evo, R8 among a few others...definately all on R series tires.

I much rather race the 650 event than drive some FWD PP550 cars around Fuji :crazy:

Nice surprise of variation and quantity with is update! Haven't tried any races yet but on paper they sound great.

Damn LinPark, I think you might be right after all lol! I was hoping there would be an expert world event - as soon as I didn't see it, I thought of you!

raced 650pp with my 07 STi (self tuned) vs GTR vs NSXr vs F430 and it was a good close race!
placed 2nd behind the F430 ahead of the GTR... the NSX was having trouble, rookie possibly...
the F430 blew by me down the straight to the finish, he was clearly WAY faster on the straight, but the twisties were my world... the GTR should be faster than the STi when driven well, but he cracked under pressure in the twisties and made a couple fatal mistakes then I passed him...

*in your best Borat voice* ....I like! its very nice!

HO! HO! HO!
Merry Christmas!

Back