Online Event Update December 25th @ 12am EST

• Thread starter Ghoa$t
  • 173 comments
Is there a usual time the online event update arrives? I seem to remember the last one arriving earlier than expected.

Sorry guys, just curious to see the new events and it's close to the 25th going by UK time (GMT / UTC)

Good point mate, i will start the PS3 shortly and see if anything is happening.

Is there a usual time the online event update arrives? I seem to remember the last one arriving earlier than expected.

Sorry guys, just curious to see the new events and it's close to the 25th going by UK time (GMT / UTC)

Im sure it says 5AM in the news section on the game. 👍

why inn hell should there be tire restriction .. if you use R tires.. then the pp level would rice.. so you have to have less power .. so if people want to use N or S tiers the would have more power and the race would be competetive anyway

stop with tire restriction let the driver make the choice him self..

Tire restrictions dont work imo. Its been done before. Racers being on different tyres leads to frustration, then into punting, into more threads on here titled "I Hate Punters".

Let me explain. Say PD give us a chioce of the whole range. I will explain to the extreme on Suzaka from example.

One racer has N1's on their car, the other has R3's. From the start the racer on N1's goes flying off into the lead due to them have more power and less weight. Around the esses you sit behind them thinking Ill pass on the straight not knowing they are alot quicker.

The straight comes.... They go flying off into the lead and your unable to keep up even slipstreaming them.

But then again you catch them around the esses. This time you try and pass but arent able to as they are blocking the way.

This repeats until the final lap when your so annoyed with them you make a mistake and take them out.

This may also happen the other way around.

Give us one chioce of tyre and this goes away. Everyone carrys near enough the same speed into corners and not a 30mph+ difference.

it doesent make any difference.. if people have the same speed it will be difficult to pass each other anyway so what is the difference.. punters will always be there so it all comes down to who you race

What Im saying is would you rather race someone properly and know your equal competitors or just have someone blocking you and if you do pass, just blitz you on the straights everything....

Know what Id rather have!

i understand that... i have raced forza 2 online for the past year . and i cant say it has been a problem.. so i dont think it will be a big problem in gt5p eather.. but i see what you say..

With the different tyres to the extreme that is mentioned above, yes, lap times should be similar with the same, consistent driver. However - taking the example of two drivers, one on N's and someone on R's - drivers will be catching up and dropping off throughout the lap, so the spread will be an erratic concertina. The races will never seem close and it sounds like a mess to me, especially when you throw in more drivers of varying ability on all tyre types, power and weight settings.

I say, stick with tyre restrictions (at the most flexible, keep it within the tyre band e.g. just any of the three S tyres), but give us a few more online events to give the tyre / track / PP variety until private rooms arrive.

Ladies, gents, IIRC it's less than an hour until these events start up.:D

Here's the new events:

Beg K Car Class Eiger /STD 12 player
Beg Mid-size London City /STD 12 player - this is the WE
Beg Sport HSR /STD 12 player
Beg Supercar Suzuka /STD 12 player

Int PP650 Fuji F /STD 12 player
Int PP750 Suz /STD 12 player - this is the WE
Int BIG3 Supersports Daytona /STD 12 player
Int GT-R HSR /STD 12 player

Pro PP550 FWD Fuji F /PRO 16 players
Pro PP550 RWD Suz /PRO 16 players
Pro PP600 AWD Daytona Road /PRO 16 players
Pro PP650 Suz /PRO 16 players - 10 laps
Pro F2007 Fuji F /PRO 8 players - 20 laps

Again no PRO World Event. :(

Merry Christmas and Have Fun Racing!

PD why do intermediate and beginner events get world competitions and expert events dont?

I keep telling you guys they have tied RBE to WE and they are yet to prove me wrong. I still say we'll get a software update before we see another PRO WE. :)

Expert Events

PP 550 FWD- Unrestricted tyres, Fuji

PP 550 RWD- Unrestricted tyres, Suzuka

PP 600 AWD- Unrestricted tyres, Daytona Road

PP 650- Unrestricted tyres at Suzuka

F2007 Fuji event

Edit: Tree'd by Linpark.

As for the events *sigh*, getting closer. I mean, super sticky tyres on FWD at the wide open long straights Fuji? FAIL
Edit 3: Although with this FWD event, if the car can even reach that PP level, it might be faster with lower grip tyres, and then all the punters who LOVE their high grip tyres won't keep up........ But 550 PP is a lot for a FWD car on low grip tyres...:indiff:
PP 650 Suzuka, another GTR dominated event? FAIL

PP 600 AWD Unrestricted tyres? Maybe.......

PP 550 RWD Suzuka with no tyre restrictions? FAIL, we should be limited to N1-S3 for this one.

Edit 2: So then, overall grade:

albums-a59-penguinking3-fail.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not too impressed...especially with the lack of WE in the expert class. The PP650 race at Suzuka should be a pretty good event though, especially with it being 10 laps. The Cali will probably be on top here, if not some of the tuned cars (GTLM, Vette, amuse s2000, trusty old viper). The GT-R should do ok, although in the past it hasn't been nearly as spectacular as some of the other RWD cars on R tires, especially at Suzuka. The PP550 Suzuka event with unrestricted tires is ridiculous...R tires with stock power levels!!?? C'mon, that's not an expert event...

Whatever happened to the beastly PP750 cars at Suzuka? That's when the men were separated from the boys... :guilty:

Last edited:
I like the GTR but 10 laps is going to be amazing with the punters being left behind with no RBE.

I liked the GTR about the first 10 times I was forced to use it (due to everything else being slower), but the 5,000 times after that were really annoying.:lol:

As for 550 PP FWD, I just tried modifying my 147, and let's just say that without R3 tyres your power curve will be "less than exciting".:grumpy: Integra ONLY event at Fuji guys.:rolleyes:

Well either I lose too much in the corners or don't make up enough on the straights due to a lowsy power curve, but for me R3 tyres have been the best at 550 PP FWD in my 147. Now just gotta race test it then I can release the tune. (Hint: Old faithful dies hard, the only change I've made to the setup since releasing it ages ago is the final drive to suit Fuji ;))

+1. Although Suz 650 should have been RWD only aswell. The GT-R is gonna rule it now. 10 laps is great though 👍
600 pp RWD only then? :sly:

I just had my first ten lap race, only me and some guy in a Mines Skyline, I finished over a min and a half ahead of him in my F430. :) I think there will be enough of us regulars that we wont neeed 600pp, its nice to run 650pp. :) 👍

Latest Posts

Back