Online Event Update December 25th @ 12am EST

• Thread starter Ghoa$t
  • 173 comments
You will be surprised at how good the FWD event is, very close racing.

Yes. Just tried a few. Integra with R1/S3. Able to hold the punters and keep some good power for the straight, but a bit unstable. Actually insane at T3 :nervous: with liftoff understeer. Won one! My first on the G25 :)

I may dare to go RWD later tonight, apologies in advance if I make a mess :guilty:

@paulie: I got you wrong. Now that you explained I totally agree 👍

Woohoo, got my Playseats Evolution today and just raced the F2007 20 lap Fuji F. It was so damn fun, but the rewards kind of piss me off, considering it's 4x as long as races used to be, yet it's still a 50k first place win. Bah, 30 minutes of racing for 45k (I came in 2nd).

I agree with everything you said, with the exception that the GT-R is going to dominate the PP650 class. On S tires the GT-R is brutally quick at around PP600-650, once the R comps are available that advantage is totally thrown out the window, especially at Suzuka. The tuned cars are garbage at PP650 as well. The competitve cars for this event will likely be the Cali, 430, Sti, Evo, R8 among a few others...definately all on R series tires.

I much rather race the 650 event than drive some FWD PP550 cars around Fuji :crazy:

Oh right, my mind was stuck in the days of sports tyred 650 PP.:lol: My apologies.:bowdown: As for FWD 550 PP, that's your opinion.;)

Either way, I hope these events stick around for a while, I have a LOT of tuning to do.:D

Hopefully after a while the more "casual" online racer will be turned off by the longer pro events. But for now seems to be a lot of disconnects due to host quitting.

Hopefully after a while the more "casual" online racer will be turned off by the longer pro events. But for now seems to be a lot of disconnects due to host quitting.

Hosts can't quit, you're just plain old getting disconnected. Unless of course they are turning the game off when they start losing, in which case, they're idiots.

Hosts can't quit, you're just plain old getting disconnected. Unless of course they are turning the game off when they start losing, in which case, they're idiots.

Yes they can,anyone can all they do is quit game. And it happened to me three times today twice at Suzy650,once at F2007 @ Fuji. In all events at least one car was very far behind then bam disconnect.

I have just found out the new list, and to be honest I am looking forward to getting back to playing prologue now, the events look fantastic and think there is plenty of scope for us to come up with events to race in.

Merry Xmas PD, thanks.

Finaly more laps! Had about 5 races yesterday and leader make mistake in 9. or 10. lap 50 % of the time:) now thats fun:tup: R tires is boring though:(

Seriously, not a bad lineup! 650 without tire restrictions opens the door up to race a lot of cars I miss racing. Daytona Road still in the mix, 10 lap races, very nice!

Sad to see there's no world event because it's pretty damn hard to find a full grid for NTSC a lot of the time, but otherwise looking good.

The new online events are great, I'm really enjoying the F2007 and 550PP RWD events. I just attempted the 550PP FWD event, and I think I'll be having some great races there as well. The only problem is, too many of my races have ended with the host quitting. It never used to happen this much, so I wonder why it's happening so much now. 👎

Seriously, not a bad lineup! 650 without tire restrictions opens the door up to race a lot of cars I miss racing. Daytona Road still in the mix, 10 lap races, very nice!

Sad to see there's no world event because it's pretty damn hard to find a full grid for NTSC a lot of the time, but otherwise looking good.

Isthere anything wrong with my Prologue? I was racing in suzuka standard 750pp last night and i saw people from JP, US, CA, FR, DE, IT, ES, i mean, isn't this a worldwide event?

I think Standard races are World Event. Its Expert without RBE which is having the problem.

I still haven't logged on to check out the new races, I'm gonna have to get on that!

I've been so busy over this holiday season, it's ridiculous!

From the tone in this thread, I'm gonna love what I see. Awesome.

These new events have reinvigorated my need for GT, and many others apparently, I've seen many more racers online than with last events. Kinda gives me a bit of hope that somehow someone at PD actually listened to thier fans, must have been forum reading here, or at Sony's site.👍

Back