Online races you enjoyed

• Thread starter DustDriver
  • 743 comments
raced a whole lot of gtp members tonight! it looked like a gtp members meet at the suzuka 750. it was great. the race was action filled as usual. at one point i even saw a whole lot of smoke coming from the grass just from people and members getting taken out. i started last and let everyone thru, and finished 6th in the second to the last race before i quit. i saw to name a few:

GTP_Earth - thanks for the push and playing with me if you know what i mean. just wanted to know how far the integra r would go in that event, which was obviously not a lot, if not any at all :D
GTP_Moose
Racecleanmorons (great name btw. too bad it doesnt work)
GTP_Vaxen - i owe you an apology for taking you out on the first turn, i went in too hot
GTP_Sphinx - I can totally vouch that he drives clean. in fact, i think i might have seen him get taken out at one point.

so far those were the names that i remember, i know there was more, but it's hard to remember if you keep ending up at the kitty litter. anywho, i'm done for the night. probably not gonna play again until i get my g25 order come in. i was supposed to have it yesterday, but i found a better deal. except i have to wait one week. the controller is just wayyyy too impossible for this game.

I was there. Don't forget me.

I won a few of those races, until the random grid selector decided to start putting me in the very back every race. This of course meant I had to claw my way through the asshats, which eventually led to me getting frustrated and going back to the 500pp races for some fantastic battles that I will get into in a minute.

I will also vouch as to Sphinx's driving. Very clean. Although, for the first race I was too far ahead to see much of his driving :sly::lol: (I'm sure he just had a visit from the punters). GTP_Earth was a good clean racer as well. All in all good races (if you were out front).

The golden biscuit has to go to the Suzuka 500pp races. What a blast. Neck and neck racing with some fantastic drivers. To name a few:

greyghost2 - Fantastic driver (Red Integra Type R). Very clean. Good racing etiquette. Some of the closest and most heated battles I had yet experienced. I look forward to future races.

GTP_F1P1 - Great driver (Red Alfa 147). Very clean with a very well tuned Alfa. Also good racing etiquette.

So far, I have had a lot of fun any time I am in a race with someone with a GTP tag. Good stuff. Drive clean. 👍

;)

oops lol :D my bad. but yeah i did race you and greyghost in the 500pp first. that was a whole lot of fun actually! very clean challengers, and a very even playing field. i even saw GTP_kensei at one point before he quit. man i saw you get taken out a few times in your skyline in the 750 series. i think we even went off at the same time at one point :lol: i hope for more of events like this filled with gtp members 👍 without the asshats of course :D

I appreciate the comments about my cleanliness guys, but there really is no need because I'm not on trial or under review here. My cleanliness has been well documented within the OLR scene for years, and that's what counts. All I ask from everyone who is new to the OLR scene is to refrain from commenting on my every move, and accept that I can make mistakes just like everyone else. 👍

Anyway,
I'm not sure if it's due to the actual time I connect to the NA version, the combo itself, or just purely a coincidence but I can honestly say that the NA version is much better because there are a lot less hosts quitting and ramming going on than in the EU version. I mean, why else would I continue racing until 4am for the past two days. :dopey:

It was a great night of racing, 👍 and we even got a GTP_123 podium. 👍👍👍 It’s just a shame that GTP_Esoterik couldn’t pull off that 4th place. :sly:

pk75ycFpOlnM4QpkBzo2JN3rz+xZscSC0300.jpg

I have plenty of video footage from almost all the races I took part in last night. I’ll try and upload a few today. Any requests?

That would be great, if you could upload some of those movies. I rarely have the chance to drive with other GTP members :(.

great racing @ suzuka 500 PP Pro

There werent a lot of people arround but I had some of the most intense battles I ever had online. The cars aren't that fast but the competition is much heavier. You really have to slipstream and find a way to pase. People I met, DELTA-WRC and danielk80 were perfect gentlemans arround the track. Very very intense racing!!! Forgot to make a vid :dunce:

kind regards,
galgospeed

I'll second that Delta-WRC is a good clean driver. Had a nice race on 500pp today and also NicoGMBH was ok but we had a few scrapes.

I'll second that Delta-WRC is a good clean driver. Had a nice race on 500pp today and also NicoGMBH was ok but we had a few scrapes.

I was in a couple of those races with you guys
Suffering from I can't drive today syndrome:grumpy:

Anyway,
I'm not sure if it's due to the actual time I connect to the NA version, the combo itself, or just purely a coincidence but I can honestly say that the NA version is much better because there are a lot less hosts quitting and ramming going on than in the EU version. I mean, why else would I continue racing until 4am for the past two days. :dopey:

Huh. I figured the EU racing would be better. I guess it's time to go out and pick up a NA copy, and race!

I wonder if ping from the US/Canada to the UK is quite good considering the physical distance? I've had no problems at all playing the PAL copy online from VT USA, and it sounds like the reverse is true as well. I'm assuming the data is transmitted via transatlantic cables, anyone know for sure?

lol, trust you to ask that. We are talking big MB's on my bandwidth here...

...sod it, I'll see what I can do. 👍

My recordings are 135mbs, which is too big to upload to youtube, so I upload the video file to windows movie maker. I then click on save movie file and keep raising the best fit to file size until the resolution is 640 x 3xxx, then I save the movie.

The final file size is 30mbs or less with no noticeable drop in quality

Yes, that's what I'll be doing, but uploading and converting 12+ movies takes time and is still over 300mb of upload.

Sphinx, are you playing with EU & NA copies of the game? I thought you could not play across regions?

I recognize some of the handles from my own races at Suzuka - almost all clean races or the odd accidental bump. 👍

Incidentally, if you see me suddenly careen across the road for no apparent reason, it's usually because I've miss-shifted, or miss-clutched my G25 & gone from 4th to 1st :ouch: (my speciality on the first corner at Suzuka! :irked:)

It was a great night of racing, 👍 and we even got a GTP_123 podium. 👍👍👍 It’s just a shame that GTP_Esoterik couldn’t pull off that 4th place. :sly:

Oh schnap! :yuck:

Well I did win the previous race. That little turd "racecleanmorrons" (yes, very ironic) was punting me all over the place. Him and racerchamp (not a clean driver at all). Once I was able to get past those two, I was fine till the end. The random race grid had me at the back of the pack for 4 races, so I had a hell of a time getting through all the miscreants. Great time though! I look forward to more races with you guys. 👍

;)

The random race grid had me at the back of the pack for 4 races, so I had a hell of a time getting through all the miscreants. Great time though! I look forward to more races with you guys. 👍
;)

It's not random. It's determined by your PP. I'm normally at, or near the pole position because I'm prepared to risk having a low pp throughout the race. Note the pp I have in the image, 716 compared to your 750. Be warned though, it's not easy competing for 3 laps with such a low pp. :nervous:

It's not random. It's determined by your PP. I'm normally at, or near the pole position because I'm prepared to risk having a low pp throughout the race. Note the pp I have in the image, 716 compared to your 750. Be warned though, it's not easy competing for 3 laps with such a low pp. :nervous:

What did you sacrifice in your tuned EVO X to get it down to 716?
By your straightaway speeds I'm guessing down force?

What did you sacrifice in your tuned EVO X to get it down to 716?
By your straightaway speeds I'm guessing down force?

I've tried various ways, but yes, last night I had downforce to its minimum, front and rear. The esses are mostly the problem, due to the increased understeer.

It's loosely based on your pp. Most people had a pp of 750. When such is the case, it is random (with the lower pp's in front of them). The first race I started in 4th out of 11. I usually race with a lower pp than what's necessary, but I had never entered a 750pp race, so I wanted to make sure I would be competitive. I was, somewhat, but that car was a beast to drive, especially seeing as I had never driven it before (note to self, practice with car before entering online events). It was enough to get me to 3 victories, 2 of which were from near last place (12 or 13 out of 16). Great fun. 3 out of 5 wins is pretty good I would think. The other 2 races, I was in 4th or 5th. Pretty hairy out there. I'll see ya out there tonight, most likely.

;)

Hmm. I would say it's strongly based on pp, and it only goes to random for those cars with the same pp. If the above image is anything to go by, I would say the pp for all cars vary widely.

Hmm. I would say it's strongly based on pp, and it only goes to random for those cars with the same pp. If the above image is anything to go by, I would say the pp for all cars vary widely.

You know, that particular race, the pp's are pretty varied. Nevertheless, I didn't start behind everyone with lower pp's, so I think there may be something off, (glitch?), or it's more random than we think. It wasn't until the 3rd race that I was put in the back of the pack. I've noticed it's happened in a few other races I've done. Most of the time, however, it seems to be as you say (lower pp's out front). I'll have to do some more races today to see what's what.

Have you experienced this.... Start the race, everyones lined up to race (rolling start), and then something happens and cars start running into each other, some slingshot way ahead, some are catapulted back. It's happened to me twice so far. Very strange.

;)

I've had that happen quite a few times.

I've also been shunted into the pit wall at Suzuka well before you get to the in car view.
All very odd

There seem to be quite a few little glitches like that. The weird pre-start chaos. The starting grid anomalies. The server errors. Looking forward to the updates in the fall (seems like a long time to wait). Hopefully some of these things will be fixed, although some of it is near impossible to get rid of completely I suspect.

;)

Yeah what's that a 4-5 month wait until autumn ( fall ;)) ?
Some of the issues are going to down to people's connections.

The weird thing is I've only ever had these problems happen to me at Suzuka.

I ventured into the online races today for the first time and was actually pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too bad. I tried the 600PP Expert at Suzuka. After I got used to some of the cars skittering around on the track (I guess those are the people using controllers instead of a wheel?) and the odd times cars in front of me would ghost when they began to slide around, it was pretty fun. I noticed a couple of GTP_username drivers from time to time too. If I nudged or tapped anyone by mistake I apologize since it was just me trying to get used to the jerkiness of the other cars around me in online mode. It certainly is a good way to accumulate credits quickly.

I use the controller and I hold my own...I would like a wheel though. I've been racing with the controller for quite sometime now, thats why I probably do well.

Last night at pp750 Suzuka I ran with a few GTPers. I thought I'd drop in and say hello. I believe it was Earth and Esoterik, both clean racers. Too bad that couldn't be said for some others in the race.

Hope to have some good runs with GTPers in the future!

Last night at pp750 Suzuka I ran with a few GTPers. I thought I'd drop in and say hello. I believe it was Earth and Esoterik, both clean racers. Too bad that couldn't be said for some others in the race.

Hope to have some good runs with GTPers in the future!

I remember those races. Great fun, but you're right, a lot of dirty racers out there.

What's your PSN ID?

;)

Thank you for the compliments Delphic.

I really enjoyed racing with you GTP guys. All of the drivers I saw sporting that prefix to their personna were very cleand and sportsmanlike drivers.

Hope to see you guys again.

kind of like when i took the integra R in the 750pp races, and started on pole for like 2 seconds, then everyone passed me after.

Thank you for the compliments Delphic.

I really enjoyed racing with you GTP guys. All of the drivers I saw sporting that prefix to their personna were very cleand and sportsmanlike drivers.

Hope to see you guys again.

Well, what do ya know. If it isn't the grey ghost himself.

Check this forum to see when some of us are online:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105536

I'll be out there again tonight. I'll post in the Online Meeting thread before I jump online.

See ya out there.

;)

Back