Online races you enjoyed

• Thread starter DustDriver
  • 743 comments
Had a race with GTP_Vaxen and another GTP player whose name escapes me, last night. I'd say we raced, but I was unable to keep pace. Good run, guys.

I've really been enjoying the Ferrari Only race. It still has the usual bangers and crashers in the field, but at least 3 or 4 shine through in a field of 12. It also puts a smile on my face winning in an F40 whilst the field is full of F430's :)

There was one racer who was dirty as hell, kept running me off the track, wall riding etc etc. He never won a race! I messaged him to say try racing clean and you may yet win one. The next race he kept clear of everyone and concentrated on actually racing. The bugger came second a few time and then eventually beat me.

Z
Had a race with GTP_Vaxen and another GTP player whose name escapes me, last night. I'd say we raced, but I was unable to keep pace. Good run, guys.

There were a bunch of us at 600pp Suzuka last night, and some very competitive racing at that. There were some punters from time to time as well, but they couldn't keep pace! 👍 I had more than a couple races finishing in the 7:01 - 7:03 timeframe with less than a second covering the top 3.

I don't recall all the names, but GTP_DarthDrift and GTP_KartRacer were in the mix.

There were a bunch of us at 600pp Suzuka last night, and some very competitive racing at that. There were some punters from time to time as well, but they couldn't keep pace! 👍 I had more than a couple races finishing in the 7:01 - 7:03 timeframe with less than a second covering the top 3.

I don't recall all the names, but GTP_DarthDrift and GTP_KartRacer were in the mix.

Yes, GTP_DarthDrift was in our race. Very quick, you guys. Hope to see you again.

Had some great races tonight on suzuka 600pp with a bunch of gtrp tags notably akk who led me a merry dance for first place throughout one race. WP guys, shame about the punters but the more tags there are in a race means less of them at least.

Also had some good toe to toe with Stottie (24?) in a blue viper. Sorry about the hairpin incident, I outbraked myself, we got a bit snagged up and then the 4wd and 0brains brigade were upon us. I punted you across the finish line cos I saw you slowing down to give me the place and I figured you deserved it. WP fella 👍

Just had a Suzuka Race with GTP_SRT-4_Mexico (MX), and man was it awesome! I saw you spill it into the sand once, and since the only other guy in the race was a good 15-20 seconds behind, I decided to wait up for you. Man, am I glad I did! I thought I had it too, until I messed it up on the second chicane and did a massive (but unintentional) drift, eventually sending me into the grass. Thumbs up for the win, though.

Yes, it was great. A shame for the unexpected drift :).

Have you ever raced Manu_GTChallenge? (sp??)
I often race him in the F2007 Fuji, since he's the only decently fast person I've raced, and the races are always the best. 👍

yes i have just finished a race with him just now, on suzuka pp600. In the first race we had a good one lap battle he lost it at spoon and i took the win. the second race was a lot better, this was a 2 lap very tight battle literally side by side for the whole course, i think we only touched each other slighly on the straight but that is bound to happen. anyway i made the mistake of being on the outside at 130R on the last lap, i was about 1 car lenght away on exit of 130R, i done him on the brakes braking for the chicane but a bit too much he took me back before the second part of the chicane, i launched it out drafted him all the way to the line and in the end the gap was something like a 10th of a second. very good racing. so i guess that made it GTP 1 - 1 GTC, shame we didn't get matched up in any of the other races.

Thank you Truth123 for the 3 races last night!! It was a pure pleasure of driving against your NSX... We were dead even matched, but seems so that I need to practice my braking for the last chicane! :) 👍 Sadly I had to leave, but hopefully we´ll meet again.

I was laughing at loud when one of us got punted, we waited for eachother... we got dropped to last, but before the end of the next lap we were just back there again... :lol: There were a few of ultra fast laps then... REALLY ENJOYED it... I think I need to give that NSX a proper try! And I will be honing my tune to match your pace better... thanks for pushing me to be quicker!!

Hope you see this!

-Timo

Just had some good racing with Beer-2k. Anyones setup in particular you using for that Mines Skyline or is it your own?

Also had some good toe to toe with Stottie (24?) in a blue viper. Sorry about the hairpin incident, I outbraked myself, we got a bit snagged up and then the 4wd and 0brains brigade were upon us. I punted you across the finish line cos I saw you slowing down to give me the place and I figured you deserved it. WP fella 👍

No worries... it was nothing compared to the complete battering I was taking from the Evo/Sti crowd.

The reason I stopped on the finish line was due to another incident in the same race when you had a slight coming together with GTP_Monza in the long right hander before Spoon, which I ended up getting involved in - sorry, I couldn't aviod you as I was fully commited and the Viper is too big and heavy for sudden changes of direction at well over 100mph mid corner.

A comment on the Viper... it's great fun to drive and quite competitive once you get used to the occassional bout of high speed oversteer... 888's settings for this car are very good, particularly the gearing, which really helps tame the oversteer and allows almost 4wd matching standing starts.

But in the end I got p****d off with the constant ramming and went back to the 430... the Viper doesn't cope well with being shunted from behind.

Lots of good racers out there last night (jonnyd, gnobody, vanuber, truth123, manuGTchallenge etc. etc) unfortunately there seemed to be quite a few punters and disconectors too.

Just had a great race at Suzuka 600.. me, mr_Volcano and Sarlech. mr_Volcano managed to stay out of reach, the swine... I held second til the last chicane and Sarlech just pipped me to steal the place pushing me into 3rd. So a GTP 1st 2nd 3rd.. good show guys! :)

I had a great race the other night on high speed ring 750pp, I was in 2nd right on the tail of 1st (the name escapes me, why do recently met players not show up from gt5P?). Anyway we pulled away from the pack and he was pulling slightly on me and I was going flat out, 3rd last corner he looses his rear and hits the wall. At the finish line I slow to about 20km to let him take 1st (he deserved it), he sees me do this and slams on his brakes as well to give me first! Great race, I wish I remember the PSN ID.

I give as good as I get Gnobody, good as I get!

I gather from this that I must have tagged you before, if I did, I am unaware of it and if I knew at the time that I had touched you, I would have stopped for you to regian your place.

I have also seen you giving as good as you get to other drivers, even when you didn't get!

I may have hit you, and you may give as good as you get, but do you have to give as good as you get every single race? I'm sure that if I did get you, it could have only been once or twice.

So, apologies for any bumps on my part. However, I'm sure that you must know that any bumps from me were an accident, you can tell when someone is trying to avoid you but just clips your car unintentionally.

Anyway, I had some good clean races/overtakes with you last night, you certainly can drive that Evo!

Can we draw a line under this and start again?

Regards

Mega cudos to both ADIDAZ and TLD's new Lotus 111 for the most fun I've had in 750pp in ages. The lotus may lack the top end of the GTlm's, Vipers and S2K's but you shoulda seen the look on some of those punters faces when they went for the kill and I suddenly wasn't there :D

Highlight of the session had to be coming out the hairpin behind ADIDAZ when GTlm pratt swiped him into the sandpit. I charged up behind and gently rearranged his racing line into something more appropriately gravel-based :sly:

I think me and ADDIDAZ connected once when I got shunted into him in t1 but other than that he overtook me and I overtook him more times than I can count - thanks man, for reminding me just how much of a buzz proper racing can be 👍

Mega cudos to both ADIDAZ and TLD's new Lotus 111 for the most fun I've had in 750pp in ages. The lotus may lack the top end of the GTlm's, Vipers and S2K's but you shoulda seen the look on some of those punters faces when they went for the kill and I suddenly wasn't there :D

Highlight of the session had to be coming out the hairpin behind ADIDAZ when GTlm pratt swiped him into the sandpit. I charged up behind and gently rearranged his racing line into something more appropriately gravel-based :sly:

I think me and ADDIDAZ connected once when I got shunted into him in t1 but other than that he overtook me and I overtook him more times than I can count - thanks man, for reminding me just how much of a buzz proper racing can be 👍

Thanks, that's how online racing should be.
I think we were the only clean driver's in them few races.

Nice racing you.

GTP_Vaxen - good racing last night on 600PP. I am sorry I was not much competition last night, I could not stay on the track for some of the laps, and I have nothing to blame it on.

I do recall some good back and forth, very clean, when I was not putting myself in the kitty litter.

yes, we duked it out nicely. great racing bro, you kept up really well with the viper which i know is not easy.

Yeah its not that fastest down the striate aways so I push really hard on the corners to try and make up for it. It handles great though it feels like I'm on the verg of losing it almost the hole lap :)

GTP_Vaxen - good racing last night on 600PP. I am sorry I was not much competition last night, I could not stay on the track for some of the laps, and I have nothing to blame it on.

I do recall some good back and forth, very clean, when I was not putting myself in the kitty litter.

I'll take clean racing with a friendly name over dealing with punters any day! 👍

just had a few awsome races with GTP_ANGELx good fun hope to see this GTP'er around again.

Make that 2 people who had good runs with Angelx today. 600PP Suzuka, it was so fun chasing you in your R8 around, I had to try one out for myself! I had been disappointed with the R8 previously, but it certainly seems competitive on the S2's. Great races, great sportsmanship.

I had the most exciting races ever last night on suzuka 600pp. I was using the 1960 art morrison (I think it's art morrison)corvette. If you've never tried it out online you need to. Nothings better than beating the AWD's in a 60's rear wheel american muscle car. I love how that car handles. It really makes you turn the wheel.

The usual story of being in a race with punters and winning. This is always happening to me! :)

Good for the ego that is. To win a race against equals is all good and well but to know you are on a completely different level above the whole rest of the grid is something truly special :cool:

Case in point me and Adidaz this evening - two sharks in a pond full of guppies :D

Good for the ego that is. To win a race against equals is all good and well but to know you are on a completely different level above the whole rest of the grid is something truly special :cool:

Case in point me and Adidaz this evening - two sharks in a pond full of guppies :D

Yeah one of the races me and angelx had we left the other guys in oure dust even while we where racing eachother. Yah gotta love that.

LOL Unfortunately, I can't win when I race good drivers! It is always the punters that 'shoot themselves in the foot,' so to speak, allowing me to win. The clean racers are just too good and too intelligent (which is probably why they don't stoop to such low and dirty tricks like punters to try and win)!

Make that 2 people who had good runs with Angelx today. 600PP Suzuka, it was so fun chasing you in your R8 around, I had to try one out for myself! I had been disappointed with the R8 previously, but it certainly seems competitive on the S2's. Great races, great sportsmanship.

just found out today how fast the R8 is. It is so fun to drive. i noticed you had a white one too 👍. it looks like a ghost in the rear view mirror.

Back