PAL: Daytona road course 650pp: xx.00 - 15 - 30 - 45

• Thread starter Marchbrown
  • 418 comments
Any time dude! always up 4 some good racing. but im still a bit rusty with the mines:) I miss FUJI 800pp snif... those were the days when i won all the races in a whole week lol:) Friends called me King of Fuji hehe... oh well...

What about the 550PP event?? Seems GTR is king there too.. :) and fun on N3 tires... challenging.. but fun at the same time

What about the 550PP event?? Seems GTR is king there too.. :) and fun on N3 tires... challenging.. but fun at the same time

Maybe a litlle too slipery lol but its a challenge indeed. To me the real rush is dominating a beast with 650HP and lots of TORQUE.

Hi guys,

Im SolarSystem on PSN but this is an old account which I made before I bought GT5 Prologue (I was really happy to hear a F1 car coming to the game, thats why my nickname here... In the end my god what was the F1 car a DISSAPOINTMENT). Anyway OT: I just wanted to say thanks to the people who gave positive reactions to my driving! And like horde_r35 said he (and many others) looks as fast as me in races at least we can catch each other up by using slipstream. Also I want to say that I liked racing `meagainstyou`. Hes a class GT-R driver.

Im hitting the track later this day around 17:00 PM again grtz Eric

RPM is getting frustrated with racing 648pp GTR's.
i hate the GTR, i'm easily the fastest in it out of the cars i race with on this track, but its such a pig/boring.

i like racing this in the R8 even thoujgh its pretty slow.

ahh well annoying, i messed up twice in that race

nice one rpm.

Last edited:
It was a little laggy. No excuses from me though, appalling driving by me, must be trying too hard, and then going off at 100mph.

What? That doesnt sound like the Fuzzy I race... :lol:

i hate the GTR, i'm easily the fastest in it out of the cars i race with on this track, but its such a pig/boring.

i like racing this in the R8 even thoujgh its pretty slow.

I think thats a question of tuning... because I spotted a red R8 in one of the races last weekend at Daytona that was EATING the competition... passing me on the straights like I was standing still... and I was going full speed in a Mine's which is not the slowest car.... Or was that you??? :D

My GTR is very fun to drive ;)

L1 - 2minutes something (lots of lag/newbies)
L2 - 47.5xx
L3 - 47.6xx
L4 - 47.9xx
L5 - 48.1xx

Anyone would think that's RBE lol!

My GTR is very fun to drive ;)

L1 - 2minutes something (lots of lag/newbies)
L2 - 47.5xx
L3 - 47.6xx
L4 - 47.9xx
L5 - 48.1xx

Anyone would think that's RBE lol!

But I see GTRs passing me all the time... so its nothing new :sly: Now the odd R8 that flys by... thats surprising :D

nah mate i don't drive a red one, mines silver.

i should be in the next race, i have a pretty decent tune on mine, i normally finish on podium but there's no way it would be getting in the 48's or probably even 49's even with a perfect tune.

Fuzzy, by the looks of things you were struggling on the brakes while turning?

See if my toe set-up helps at all mate.

Front : -0.25

Rear : +0.18

nah mate i don't drive a red one, mines silver.

i should be in the next race, i have a pretty decent tune on mine, i normally finish on podium but there's no way it would be getting in the 48's or probably even 49's even with a perfect tune.

Ah ok, Well if youre on later tonight I might run into you! 👍 Put the R8 to the test :)

Fuzzy, by the looks of things you were struggling on the brakes while turning?

See if my toe set-up helps at all mate.

Front : -0.25

Rear : +0.18

Right I'll try that, thanks. Picking up now two 3rd postions in a row, last race though I got punted. :grumpy:

Last edited:
cool, hope to see you on there

ps..i hope you don't think i can do 48/49's in the R8, i was just making a statement that its not a quick car...i.e GTR speed.

loving the GTP help there Jack, we nearly did it haha.

cheers mate.

Last edited:
Im coming to race a cali. First race so beware :lol:

Sorry to GTP_Sarlech for the last lap. I couldnt control the car :lol:

Last edited:
Im coming to race a cali. First race so beware :lol:

Sorry to GTP_Sarlech for the last lap. I couldnt control the car :lol:

i was thinking is he going to build his speed up inside the yellow or come on to track. R8 needs 650pp, it loses out to all cars on the main straigh by nearly 1sec+. my car was nearly topping out on the bump draft

i'm always getting fail to connects on the first attempt..do you get this too?

I've been getting failed attempts first time round yeah.

I only ever have trouble with people under 650pp though...

A 648pp GTR is only just possible to beat IMO.

Edit: Just got booted from that race though!

didn't see anyone in there, think i got paired with the :46 guys...speedfreak22 was in there and that's it. i'm off now, should be on later on.

Hi again,

I see there is a lot of flaming on the GT-R. I understand that it is frustrating when you see someone lowering his PP points in such a fast car and I agree thats just cheating but thats the same for every other car out there! Lowering PP points is just admitting: `Owh Im not fast enough so I need an advantage`. I never do it. But since its just that the GT-R is fastest in any 650PP race you cant blame the car for what it is: the fastest car out there. It gets boring to drive after a while but which car isnt after driving over 100laps with it?

And by the way to drive a 1:46.5 on Daytona Road with the GT-R (I did it several times without cutting the chicane) is challenging like any other car out there since its awfully difficult to brake with it in some corners (but you must brake late to drive such laps).

Every car has its charmes and you cant say you hate a car (because then you flame on the people who drive it aswell IMO) if its just because its not your style of racing so choose another car, simple.

I'm with you F2007driver.
The GTR is getting rubbished by alot of people because it's fast and hard to beat but it is
hard to drive fast just like every other car.
I will try other cars once the gloss goes off trying to get the my lap times down.

Back