PAL: Daytona road course 650pp: xx.00 - 15 - 30 - 45

• Thread starter Marchbrown
  • 418 comments
Hi again,

I see there is a lot of flaming on the GT-R. I understand that it is frustrating when you see someone lowering his PP points in such a fast car and I agree thats just cheating but thats the same for every other car out there! Lowering PP points is just admitting: `Owh Im not fast enough so I need an advantage`. I never do it. But since its just that the GT-R is fastest in any 650PP race you cant blame the car for what it is: the fastest car out there. It gets boring to drive after a while but which car isnt after driving over 100laps with it?

Every car has its charmes and you cant say you hate a car (because then you flame on the people who drive it aswell IMO) if its just because its not your style of racing so choose another car, simple.

+1 👍

I agree...getting the absolute MOST out of the GT-R is more difficult than people tend to think, at least at Daytona. Just because you don't have to modulate the gas as much doesn't mean the car isn't difficult, or more difficult to drive in certain aspects. Braking is definately the most difficult aspect of the car due to all of its mass. I see lots of people throw away their line going into T1 with the GT-R. Once the car gets rotated too much under braking it looses massive grip and goes flying like the bowling ball that it is lol. The chicane is also a very tough turn to nail with this car, as you must trail brake slightly upon turn in while maintaining massive speed.

I agree...getting the absolute MOST out of the GT-R is more difficult than people tend to think, at least at Daytona. Just because you don't have to modulate the gas as much doesn't mean the car isn't difficult, or more difficult to drive in certain aspects. Braking is definately the most difficult aspect of the car due to all of its mass. I see lots of people throw away their line going into T1 with the GT-R. Once the car gets rotated too much under braking it looses massive grip and goes flying like the bowling ball that it is lol. The chicane is also a very tough turn to nail with this car, as you must trail brake slightly upon turn in while maintaining massive speed.

Well coudnt explain my self better lol u said it dude:) that breaking is a thought job... in my 1st race with the GTR i must have hit that wall in the 1st corner about 3 times lolol

I've just come across FUK_IH8_CHEATS(NZ)

I've seldom seen a bigger cheat :lol:

Punting, cutting the chicane, wall riding at T1 (which fortunately was counter-productive for him. :crazy:

In at :45, with Mines GTR. 👍

Switching to Nissan GTR now.

God damn it! Phone rang, had to park up. Be back at :00.

Last edited:

Well said. I think I've finally got a line and a braking point for T1 in the GTR that doesn't send me spinning into the barrier .... and I still manage to stuff it up regularly. :indiff:

Punting, cutting the chicane, wall riding at T1 (which fortunately was counter-productive for him. :crazy:

Yes, that individual has caught my attention previously too, mainly due to the inconsistency between his name and his actions. :)

He punt me too.
o050.gif

Wish they would stop disconnecting, all tensed up and just changing gear and bang, keep thinking the telly has blown up when it happens.

Anyone gunna be on this tonight?

I've just got to do a few recordings of myself doing a low 47 for timeattack07gt (don't think he believes me ;)) ... then I'll probably be here all night unless it's dead!

Edit1: Recorded a scruffy 47.2xx that should do...;)

Come on lads...Some very quick non-GTP players to mix with at this track! I was one of them not so long ago, I bet most of you were too! :)

Edit2: Damn, just did a 46.9xx but had 3-4 wheels off the track at the first part of the chicane :(

Camera still rolling, all good races make it on youtube!

(eventually, I've got about 18 now to upload - going to make tomorow the day!)

Last edited:
Has anybody else with the GTR used the real time tuning to change the 4WD ratio between the infield and the oval ?

I've had a bit of a play with it and there may be some small benefit. However I think this is cancelled out by having one more thing to remember and change in the heat of a race, so for me I'm better off leaving it and concentrating on the driving.

Just wondered if anybody else had tried it and what they had found.

You need to assign buttons to bring it up and use. I think its called the RA menu (realtime adjustment ?) in the wheel/controller options. It brings up a little menu just above the dashboard that you can scroll thru to change things like brake bias, 4WD ratio etc during the actual race.

Like I said, nice feature but I'm not sure the benefits out weigh just concentrating on the driving.

Doing alright at the minute. There's actually a lot of GTP/GTP'ish members on at the minute in this race, just none of them browsing the topic!

Getting some good clashes out there in this manic event!

Going strong in that GT Sensemilia! Thought lap4 was the last lap, last racd...oops!

That was some fun racing. Apart from the last race stuffed up on the last lap by sa_jaylord, i was braking perfectly for the first corner when he used me for brakes. I hope you ended up beating him.

Anyone gunna be on this tonight?

I've just got to do a few recordings of myself doing a low 47 for timeattack07gt (don't think he believes me ;)) ... then I'll probably be here all night unless it's dead!

Edit1: Recorded a scruffy 47.2xx that should do...;)

Come on lads...Some very quick non-GTP players to mix with at this track! I was one of them not so long ago, I bet most of you were too! :)

Edit2: Damn, just did a 46.9xx but had 3-4 wheels off the track at the first part of the chicane :(

Camera still rolling, all good races make it on youtube!

(eventually, I've got about 18 now to upload - going to make tomorow the day!)

It's not that I don't believe you, I just want to see how you are doing it. :dopey: You must not be leaving much on the table to be running those times with a 6-axis. Props! 👍

Wanna_B sent me a PAL disc a few days ago that I won in that 6-axis time trial...I'm looking foward to meeting up with you at Daytona some time soon :sly:

Timeattack, welcome to the PAL racing universe. Look forward to seeing another NA player out there, I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Timeattack, welcome to the PAL racing universe. Look forward to seeing another NA player out there, I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Thanks for the welcome...it's about time I must say 👍 I haven't received the disc yet, but it should be here sometime next week I'd imagine. See ya around :cheers:

Sorry to FAK EV1L, for nearly knocking you off, wasnt concentrating :nervous:
And by the way, awesome race time of 8.58.xxx in your Nissan GTR. :crazy:

Back