PAL Suzuka 750PP XX.00 XX.30

• Thread starter TiZzla
  • 249 comments
Exactly... the quality of the racing is more important than the winning :)

Had a great final race of the night with GTP_mr_geez.

Must have overtaken each other more than a dozen times (at least it felt like that) :)

Brilliant thanks mr geez :cheers:

It's been a long time since I had this much fun racing online all night, a really long time. There were so many punters and awful drivers in GTLMs out all day and night but somehow we still managed to have a good time despite their ignorance.

Massive thanks to the following for epic racing tonight:

FAK_Ev1L for what could easily be the best race I've ever done, we just shot off at the start and didn't look back. I think I was leading him for 4 or so laps but he got past and started to leave a gap on lap 6, but I managed to haul back up to his slipstream and what commenced was unbelievable. Heart in my mouth for 4 laps...last lap in sector 3 we must have changed the lead 4 times. He should have won really, but I don't care, the 99.99% of the race before the line was worth the price of the PS3 alone. Managed a sweet 1'55.8 with the use of his draft for part of a lap. I'm so sad, I even took a picture of the results :lol:

The T&L crew, back in force. GTP_Theewar, GTP_mr_geez, GTP_Fairplay_plz, GTP_JvM, and the return of GTP_Hun, who hasn't raced GT5P in nearly 6 months, maybe more, and straight into the action. Nothing's changed Mario, you still drive without mistakes, beautiful to watch and bloody hard to catch! A T&L 1-2-3 was the highlight :D

Also great racing from num11714 in his Lotus 111R/Tuned, GTro_SutilMomia in his Viper, GTP_Calcifer for the Event03 race tonight, IRT_wayneburbank, zabeu, GTP_MJH, GTP_Undutchable, KOR_Hellrazor.

Tonight was one of those racing nights where you come out with a few extra friends added on your PSN list.

Cheers all, it's been unforgettable :cheers:

All the best
Maz

I'm coming online for the next few hours for my last practice session before my race. Joining at xx:30.:nervous:

Grid position unavailable at xx:30, will try again at xx:00.👍

Edit: Yeesh, going to take a break, I'm all over the place.:( I woke up racing so well too.:banghead:

Edit 2: Back in at xx:30.

Last edited:
Cheers guys, it's wonderful to be back on track with you - relentlessly brilliant racing the past few nights, culminating yesterday evening into some of the finest GT moments I remember.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the great sports! :cheers:

Cheers guys, it's wonderful to be back on track with you - relentlessly brilliant racing the past few nights, culminating yesterday evening into some of the finest GT moments I remember.

Good to see you back mate, new tag is Hyperspeed, was hyperuk. 👍

... and the return of GTP_Hun, who hasn't raced GT5P in nearly 6 months, maybe more, and straight into the action. Nothing's changed Mario, you still drive without mistakes, beautiful to watch and bloody hard to catch! A T&L 1-2-3 was the highlight :D

@Maz: thank you for your very nice words, indeed I rarely raced GT5P since last December, and I see many new GTP tagged drivers are around, all very fast and fair. Racing in the GTP schedule was an humbling experience, but eventually it all started coming back, so I had a few interesting results. However, my speed is still far from what it was. Will work on it, at least while this lineup of events last. I really like racing with my old white Vette! :)

@ Zabeu: It was nice to see you too, and as always with amazing speed. Last night one odd thing happened, between the hairpin and Spoon you started to overtake me on the outside and I kept my car on the inside as much as I could, but I noticed you went off. I didn't notice that our cars had touched so I kept going, but I thought "hum ... it's not like zabeu, this kind of mistake ..." Anyway, if indeed it was me that made you go off (lag induced) sorry! :)

Cheers Hyper, you've chosen a fitting name! :) 👍

Hun, no worries, that was my mistake entirely - I tried to stay on the extreme left in 200R because I was afraid the lag might cause contact between our cars. I went a bit too wide and touched the grass. I didn't want to do anything hasty and potentially spin into you or those behind us so I let the car peacefully understeer off the track and lost a few seconds. Trying to come back afterwards was good fun though. :cheers:

sorry for my poor performance in the last race. Hope i didnt cause Zabeu and GTP_Undutchable any probs, but i was testing out the GTLM with a new setup but i was used to the vette from the previous race.

Sorry bout that. (Fastest lap so far with the GTLM, embarassing 1.57.3**

Chris

No Chris, you didn't cause any trouble 👍

Other drivers in the race were giving their efforts though :P

hallo guys.:)
i need some help. :scared:
i want to drive the event with the corvette. but i think i am too slow.:rolleyes:

need a good set up or a ghost/replay to find out where i lost the time.
want to learn to be quicker.:dopey:

i drive only a 1.59.xxx with some luck
thanks vor notice:)

hallo guys.:)
i need some help. :scared:
i want to drive the event with the corvette. but i think i am too slow.:rolleyes:

need a good set up or a ghost/replay to find out where i lost the time.
want to learn to be quicker.:dopey:

i drive only a 1.59.xxx with some luck
thanks vor notice:)

This should do:

R3 R3
20 21
-8 -7
4 3
3 2
-0,06 -0,05
2,0 2,0
3 7

40deg

:)

Attachments

• vette.zip
    115.4 KB · Views: 21
I've always thought of you as a nice guy Timppaq. 👍 for the way you support your fellow racers.

Last edited:
This was a great night at the races, with MeAgainstYou, mr_geez, Prudent, Zabeu, among others. I had my usual stupid mistakes, but all things considered, it was great fun. Thx guys! 👍

Back