Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 1,286 comments
Imagine SMS now going onto the forums to tell people that SOP and BODY only work with motion rigs! It would cause major problems for sure, hell there's 2 guys on PCars forum who think the SOP and BODY they can feel through their pads!!! Seriously!
Nutters and SMS know its better to let people think what they think... they aren't stupid SMS thats for sure.

Project CARS – Xbox One Patch 8.0 – Release Notes

Vehicles
• McLaren F1 GTR - adjusted cockpit exposure, fixed visual clipping issues.
• Radical RXC Turbo - Fixed typo in statistics file. Engine now correctly displays as V6 not V8, Fixed asymmetry typo in default setup spring rates.
• Lotus 51 - Fixed a typo giving 100 steps to rear fast rebound damper settings instead of 10. Default values were unaffected.
• Renault Megane RS265 - Fixed typo causing asymmetry in default setup springs.
• KTM X-Bow - Fixed clipping on the roof camera.

Tracks
• Cadwell Park – Fixed an issue where cars while on the main straight would hit the pit wall at a certain spot and be disqualified.
• Ruapuna all layouts - updated the position of the pit exit trigger so it's after the start line trigger. Full optimisation pass done on all the layouts to improve performance.

Physics, Tires and Setups
• Further adjustment of heating on under-inflated tires where it was reduced as part of the discontinuity fix.
• Fixed issues with players not being able to save setups to DLC tracks, if they started their profile with older versions of the game.

GUI
• DLC cars and tracks will now remain selected between game sessions.
• Fixed a bug where some tracks with forced rolling starts was locking out the rolling start option after moving to a different track.

UDP
• Extended joypad and dpad bitfields to include some extra buttons on steering wheels. Added 'same class as player' flag in participant info mSector field. Fixed a couple of issues with packet types 1/2 not sending at the correct rate.

I'm looking forward to playing Patch 8 on PS4 tonight, it sounds like SMS have really improved things tyre wise since the last one.

Told ya! All cars can now hold a drift lot better if you make them, means the old skool racers like RS500 and E30 can be driven even more realistically now with bit more rear slide (not a full drift obviously) before it was, slide a bit catch it then continue corner and find apex power out, now its like get rear a bit lose hold it with throttle control hit apex power out....much better!!

I think they might have gone a little too far in some cases. I was running GT3 around Silverstone and on relatively cold tyres I was getting strange 4 wheel drifts around the first corner.

Anyone else seeing this or was it just my driving at fault?

So I read on the DLC thread that Ian said that they will look into the Falcon V8 sound, so maybe they might fix it in the next patch hopefully.

Yes but did you notice the GT6 road cars don't cast a shadow under car? So when you race against them it looks utter garbage, that's not fixed yet, or the disappearing body work on the RS01?
They do like to just leave stuff. Roll on April...

Yes but did you notice the GT6 road cars don't cast a shadow under car? So when you race against them it looks utter garbage, that's not fixed yet, or the disappearing body work on the RS01?
They do like to just leave stuff. Roll on April...
I started a thread on the official forum about the RS01's glitching bodywork and was told (as I already suspected) that it was a LOD issue and the current engine combined with the current consoles probably meant it's there to stay. I couldn't be bothered to upload any footage I took of it happening as surely the devs know it's there, I mean that car glitches every single race and is painfully obvious for all to see.

I also don't believe they can't sort it, no other car has big black sections appear and disappear, there's LOD issues on most cars but none this bad. Surely it can be fixed?

I started a thread on the official forum about the RS01's glitching bodywork and was told (as I already suspected) that it was a LOD issue and the current engine combined with the current consoles probably meant it's there to stay. I couldn't be bothered to upload any footage I took of it happening as surely the devs know it's there, I mean that car glitches every single race and is painfully obvious for all to see.

I also don't believe they can't sort it, no other car has big black sections appear and disappear, there's LOD issues on most cars but none this bad. Surely it can be fixed?

I can tell you your not going mad or seeing things, it isn't like the normal LOD issues with ALL cars, its a whole section of body work disappearing during play. It is what it is, hell they left Shift 2 with the caterham and Radical with front wheels that flicked from side to side even if you were going straight.
For all the good things they did and there are many with PCars, they (SMS) have bodged and patched and pushed under the carpet ALOT of stuff.
They wanted to be a refreshing change to the murky world of game developers with the big bad EA always as a bench mark and Turn 10 as money grabbers and Codies fighting top take the top spot...but SMS are almost the worst as they pretend they aren't like the rest and the model is based on public funding.
Its like funding the banks to bail them out, then they turn around and still rob us blind with fees etc etc.....oh...hang on...

A good game/sim this. But some of the errors are so annoying and easy to see they are the result of them not giving a toss about the quality of the game. Never mind the extent of re-programming needed to fix major issues at the core of the game. What about general user interface gaffs. Your saved tune for a car still mysteriously changes from time to time in your garage. I do see where SMS has managed to fix some issues. So we have to wait for Pcars2 for meaningful fixes.

But based on the product that they've produced in PC1, is there any faith that PC2 will correct what is wrong now?
And the arrogant attitude of SMS may not permit them to take constructive criticism form real users.
I don't think the have a handle on all of the issues the game has, much less how to fix them.

A good game/sim this. But some of the errors are so annoying and easy to see they are the result of them not giving a toss about the quality of the game. Never mind the extent of re-programming needed to fix major issues at the core of the game. What about general user interface gaffs. Your saved tune for a car still mysteriously changes from time to time in your garage. I do see where SMS has managed to fix some issues. So we have to wait for Pcars2 for meaningful fixes.

But based on the product that they've produced in PC1, is there any faith that PC2 will correct what is wrong now?
And the arrogant attitude of SMS may not permit them to take constructive criticism form real users.
I don't think the have a handle on all of the issues the game has, much less how to fix them.

I'm inclined to agree, I will look forward to PCars2 for sure and I'm very glad PCars 1 exists. It needs to be a bit more well tuned German car rather than like an old British Classic car that needs fettling and a lot of forgiveness of its foibles and "on a good day its awesome" and more "It works whenever i turn the key"
There's balance between them and they need to get a bit more in the middle.
Oh and if the consoles and particular the XBOX can't cope don't release it on that platform..and if it can and its just your incompetence..don't blame your tools...

Even typos still exist in the text after all these months.

Project CARS 2 will certainly be more polished and will certainly work better and more bugfree in many parts of the game than the previous title. But I guarantee you there will be some bugs that are so annoying and obvious and have already been very present in Project CARS 1, and are still not fixed. And it only leaves you shaking your head out of disappointment.
I mean, it is the case with Project CARS 1 already.

So let's talk about some examples here. In some cars, the speedometer needle is always flickering and can't stand still (which can be very annoying if you got a long driving sessions ahead of you). This one has already been there when I was playing NFS Shift 1, a game which was released back in 2009. And the very same bug of an almost 7 year old game is still present up to this day, which is very remarkable in my opinion. Yes, it's a rather minor bug, but as the speedometer is always right in the middle of the screen if you use cockpit cam, it is a very obvious bug and I am amazed how this one hasn't been fixed over such a long period of time. Especially when you consider that SMS said Project CARS 1 was a complete overhaul and had nothing to do with the old Shift games anymore.

But yeah, we all know SMS too well now. They are always promising the sweetest and fullest cherries from the tree. :sly:

I think the biggest issue they might have with PCars 2 is them trying to do everything. Its almost like they are following codemasters model from years ago, ToCA games went from very good focused grass roots racing title to:

"yo dawg! today we gonna take a triiip to flo-rida and jump into ma sweet drift car, then we gonna bust out some rally cross wiv ma homies yo, boom!!, den we gonna do some rallyin and den we gonna drift some more den race...and den a drag race...and thats just for today........"

I'd rather they made PCars 2 still focused on road racing and not go down drift route and rally cross and rally personally. Build on PCars 1 basically. Rallying and drift will bring new issues to the table i'm sure.. and it made ToCa games to all over the place and jetting around racing all sorts of stuff is a bit to Travis Pastrana rather than a focused racing driver... just my 2 peneth...

Is this still the Patch release notes thread ?

What is your problem exactly? Bugs get patched...you see? So, now keep up.... a bug gets reported..i.e. DLC BMW 2002 stance works bug...and it may get patched...patch thread..PCars bugs...it all links in...see? Can you see now??
Talking about SMS's ability or lack of to sort out bugs...in a patch thread = relevant in my eyes at least...
Weird thing about you is you actually slag off PCars quite a bit on the official forum, so i really can't work you out...

Why am i bothering....

What is your problem exactly? Bugs get patched...you see? So, now keep up.... a bug gets reported..i.e. DLC BMW 2002 stance works bug...and it may get patched...patch thread..PCars bugs...it all links in...see? Can you see now??
Talking about SMS's ability or lack of to sort out bugs...in a patch thread = relevant in my eyes at least...
Weird thing about you is you actually slag off PCars quite a bit on the official forum, so i really can't work you out...

Why am i bothering....

Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

means discussing patch notes

unless the whining and crying was in the patch notes

Back