pCARS unplayable on a Dualshock??PS4 

swg
Considering the number of people who are managing just fine I think either you haven't tried the right settings and tune options or it's just down to operator error. The full lock bug is annoying but can be avoided. If it's happening to you all the time then you're hamfisting the controls. You can't just slam the stick full left and right in a sim/game that isn't mario kart and expect to be L.Hamilton. I'm no where near the speed of the guy's at the top of the leaderboards and I still only get hit with the stuck at lock issue maybe 2-3 times over a 3 hour gaming period.

Using XBone?
From what I have gleaned thus far the XBone is the most screwed up, compared to PS4 and PC.
The stick slam lock issue comes in during a slide.
It's reflex in that situation, not driving style.
And sooner or later it is going to happen.
It has served me well in all the other racing games, since you must react quickly to save the car.
Of course it is obviously useless in this game.

Using XBone?
From what I have gleaned thus far the XBone is the most screwed up, compared to PS4 and PC.
The stick slam lock issue comes in during a slide.
It's reflex in that situation, not driving style.
And sooner or later it is going to happen.
It has served me well in all the other racing games, since you must react quickly to save the car.
Of course it is obviously useless in this game.

Other games overly dampen rapid direction changes so that ppl can be l33t and drift around corners with hulk gloves on. Pcars does not. Slides can be controlled it just takes a lot more controller finesse and a little luck. You still have to react quickly but you have to restrain that instinct to go full lock. :) I had some pretty nice saves today actually while trying to race Cleo cup at Oulton park. Mainly because that course just kicks my butt.

Just giving my 2¢: I am top 30 with a prototype at Le Mans with a DS4 on the PS4 with pro handling model. I hope you XBOX folks get your issue patched soon.

I'd be interested to hear the comparison between pad on PC and pad on PS4/X1 if anyone is crazy enough to have both easily accessable.

I've only got PC, and frankly I can't see the problem. I have a wheel, but I played pad a fair bit before release for exactly this reason, and it was fine. I've played it a couple of times after release and it's fine. It's not as easy to be fast as GT, but driving with a pad on GT is bollocks anyway. I'm not surprised a few GT pad users who think that they're driving gods are getting a rude awakening. This is the same stuff that PC sim users have been hearing for years from console players when they move over, this is unplayable, this is so arcade, this is ice racing.

If it's just a console problem, then it'll get patched. And as people are pointing out, there appear to be ways of working around the issue in the mean time. It's a shame that the controls aren't perfect out of the box, but that's why options are so important. If this was GT and the controls sucked that would be it, game over. Here, at least you have a chance to try and find something that works, and many people seem to have been able to.

Console players should remember that the console versions didn't have 80,000 people bug testing every little detail. Squashing bugs on PC probably got most of the showstopper stuff, but the console versions are going to be the bastard cousins simply because it wasn't possible to get as many eyes on them. It sucks, but it's true.

I think things turned out not too bad on console considering, and now that the game is in the wild and SMS is getting serious feedback about what works and what doesn't, I imagine stuff will get fixed fairly swiftly. Whether that translates into a swift patch or not is yet to be seen, because Sony/MS have procedures in place as well that will slow things down. SMS can't just push tons of minor patches every time they fix a little thing like they would on PC, they'll try and consolidate enough fixes for a major patch. That means that consoles will have to wait, but that's part of the whole system of consoles.

swg
Other games overly dampen rapid direction changes so that ppl can be l33t and drift around corners with hulk gloves on. Pcars does not. Slides can be controlled it just takes a lot more controller finesse and a little luck. You still have to react quickly but you have to restrain that instinct to go full lock. :) I had some pretty nice saves today actually while trying to race Cleo cup at Oulton park. Mainly because that course just kicks my butt.

I was having a grand time driving the Lotus 78 at Imola today, when it started raining. I thought "oh bugger, here comes the pain", but to my delight it was a lovely car to drive in the wet, and I was controlling quite majestic slides with relative ease. This was in free practice, and I had worked out quite a nice car set up before the rain rolled in, so perhaps it wasn't all driving skill lol.

It's going to be said probably 100th time now, but it's not about physics here... It's about developers' laziness not optimizing the game for a gamepad.

I play online with most of my GT mates only 2 of us have wheels the other dozen or so use pads they don't have issues. Infact one of my mates is dammed hard to beat on the ring him on DS4 me on T300

swg

I think you are correct here at least to some degree.
Although I hope you are not saying the stick lock problem is OK.
That should not happen under any normal expectation.
The biggest problem seems to be trying to sort out between the good, the bad, and the ugly.
And as you indicate, try to work around the ugly.
Hopefully an update will appear soon to remove the ugly, and then the adaptive process can begin in earnest.

I'd be interested to hear the comparison between pad on PC and pad on PS4/X1 if anyone is crazy enough to have both easily accessable.

I've only got PC, and frankly I can't see the problem. I have a wheel, but I played pad a fair bit before release for exactly this reason, and it was fine. I've played it a couple of times after release and it's fine. It's not as easy to be fast as GT, but driving with a pad on GT is bollocks anyway. I'm not surprised a few GT pad users who think that they're driving gods are getting a rude awakening. This is the same stuff that PC sim users have been hearing for years from console players when they move over, this is unplayable, this is so arcade, this is ice racing.

If it's just a console problem, then it'll get patched. And as people are pointing out, there appear to be ways of working around the issue in the mean time. It's a shame that the controls aren't perfect out of the box, but that's why options are so important. If this was GT and the controls sucked that would be it, game over. Here, at least you have a chance to try and find something that works, and many people seem to have been able to.

Console players should remember that the console versions didn't have 80,000 people bug testing every little detail. Squashing bugs on PC probably got most of the showstopper stuff, but the console versions are going to be the bastard cousins simply because it wasn't possible to get as many eyes on them. It sucks, but it's true.

I think things turned out not too bad on console considering, and now that the game is in the wild and SMS is getting serious feedback about what works and what doesn't, I imagine stuff will get fixed fairly swiftly. Whether that translates into a swift patch or not is yet to be seen, because Sony/MS have procedures in place as well that will slow things down. SMS can't just push tons of minor patches every time they fix a little thing like they would on PC, they'll try and consolidate enough fixes for a major patch. That means that consoles will have to wait, but that's part of the whole system of consoles.

The main thing for me at this point is that SMS does appear communicative and genuinely interested in correcting the problem.
Of course time will tell if that is just lip service, or sincerity accompanied by corrective action.
I'm in hopes it will be the latter.

Last edited:
What is this full lock bug people are talking about? Is it just an Xbone problem?

I do think SMS will support the game well, as they've been very public with the development of the game, and it'd really damage their reputation if they wen't all PD on us and ignored all the bugs in the game.

What is this full lock bug people are talking about? Is it just an Xbone problem?

I do think SMS will support the game well, as they've been very public with the development of the game, and it'd really damage their reputation if they wen't all PD on us and ignored all the bugs in the game.

Considering that it's a game that's "for the community, by the community" it means they kinda have to support the game and fix all the issues or risk no-one buying the sequel in a few years.

Countersteerin results in snap oversteer extremely quickly. If youre very delicate and take back some throttle you can counter it somewhat, but it doesnt feel right

Alright, so after almost an hour and a half of CONTROLLER settings tweaking this morning on this POS game, I think I finally found the right combination to at least make this game playable. Considering my hype for this game and my extreme disappointment since picking it up Tuesday, let me say, this is a PRIME example of why we need demos, now more than ever.

Steering Deadzone : 10
Steering Sensitivity : 10
Throttle Deadzone : 10
Throttle Sensitivity : 30
Brake Deadzone : 10
Brake Sensitivity : 30
Clutch Deadzone : 10
Clutch Sensitivity : 45
Speed Sensitivity : 65
Controller Filtering Sensitivity : 45
Force Feedback : 95
Controller Input Mode : 3
Advanced : OFF

This was all tested with real racing assists enabled on a Clio Cup. It's still a bit squirrel-y under braking, but I find enabling the soft steering makes the cars feel like a brick.

Countersteerin results in snap oversteer extremely quickly. If youre very delicate and take back some throttle you can counter it somewhat, but it doesnt feel right

That's not the full lock bug. That's just sensitive controls and touchy physics. The full lock bug is sometimes experienced when you rapidly slap the stick from full lock in one direction to full lock in the other but instead of returning to zero when you let go of the stick or try to turn back the other direction again the wheel literally gets stuck at full lock in one direction and usually won't come loose till you've planted your nose into a wall. When it happens it's quite frustrating and no "supercobra" I'm certainly not saying it's ok. Is broken and is getting fixed. I'm just saying that if you're careful and treat the Pcars physics with a little more finesse that avoiding the lock bug is an additional side effect of your good driving. :)

Alright, so after almost an hour and a half of CONTROLLER settings tweaking this morning on this POS game, I think I finally found the right combination to at least make this game playable. Considering my hype for this game and my extreme disappointment since picking it up Tuesday, let me say, this is a PRIME example of why we need demos, now more than ever.

Steering Deadzone : 10
Steering Sensitivity : 10
Throttle Deadzone : 10
Throttle Sensitivity : 30
Brake Deadzone : 10
Brake Sensitivity : 30
Clutch Deadzone : 10
Clutch Sensitivity : 45
Speed Sensitivity : 65
Controller Filtering Sensitivity : 45
Force Feedback : 95
Controller Input Mode : 3
Advanced : OFF

This was all tested with real racing assists enabled on a Clio Cup. It's still a bit squirrel-y under braking, but I find enabling the soft steering makes the cars feel like a brick.

While there are some recognized issue's such as the steering lock bug and the limited control range on xbox one there's nothing wrong with the games handling or controls that any demo or beta testing would fix. It has more options for control setup than pretty much anything ppl have tried before and as a result it's going to take some tweaking for each individual to really get it dialed in how they like it. Having gotten mine setup on tuesday I haven't had to touch control setup since other than to gradually decrease the speed sensitivity as I've grown more accustomed to the physics. People get something new, with a different handling feel and new physics they haven't seen on a console before and their first response is that it's broken. Give it time. This isn't mario kart... or forza horizon, same thing shinier graphics.

The Cleo is squirly under braking no matter how it's setup. :) It's just the car's tendency for lift off over steer. And I don't see it in your posted settings there but if you haven't already, make sure you set the steering rack speed to the far right on everything you drive. It's makes a huge difference in drivability with a pad and really has no negative consequences.

Last edited by a moderator:
swg
While there are some recognized issue's such as the steering lock bug and the limited control range on xbox one there's nothing wrong with the games handling or controls that any demo or beta testing would fix. It has more options for control setup than pretty much anything ppl have tried before and as a result it's going to take some tweaking for each individual to really get it dialed in how they like it. Having gotten mine setup on tuesday I haven't had to touch control setup since other than to gradually decrease the speed sensitivity as I've grown more accustomed to the physics. People get something new, with a different handling feel and new physics they haven't seen on a console before and their first response is that it's broken. Give it time. This isn't mario kart... or forza horizon, same thing shinier graphics.

The Cleo is squirly under braking no matter how it's setup. :) It's just the car's tendency for lift off over steer. And I don't see it in your posted settings there but if you haven't already, make sure you set the steering rack speed to the far right on everything you drive. It's makes a huge difference in drivability with a pad and really has no negative consequences.
The point of a demo is to give people a preview without having to purchase the game. If I had played the demo before and seen how awful the controls were, I would have passed, and possibly waited for improvements via patches. Because I bought this day 1 and spent over two hours tweaking said controller settings, they've lost me completely. I'm actually bringing the game back and applying the full funds to a different game. I'll wait for GT7 and see how that's received (and hope for a demo) before purchasing another racing game on the PS4.

EDIT: my main complaint is that pCARS is brand new and should be trying to win gamers over. I can pick up and play Forza 5, or GT6 with maybe a few minutes of adjustment. Simulation aside, at the end of the day these are still games, intended to be fun (and challenging). pCARS simply isn't fun... (for me at least)

The point of a demo is to give people a preview without having to purchase the game. If I had played the demo before and seen how awful the controls were, I would have passed, and possibly waited for improvements via patches. Because I bought this day 1 and spent over two hours tweaking said controller settings, they've lost me completely. I'm actually bringing the game back and applying the full funds to a different game. I'll wait for GT7 and see how that's received (and hope for a demo) before purchasing another racing game on the PS4.

EDIT: my main complaint is that pCARS is brand new and should be trying to win gamers over. I can pick up and play Forza 5, or GT6 with maybe a few minutes of adjustment. Simulation aside, at the end of the day these are still games, intended to be fun (and challenging). pCARS simply isn't fun... (for me at least)

Have to disagree that controls are "awful" They require some tweaking yes, and once you get past that this game is head and shoulders above other so called racers like Forza and GranNissan 6.
The physics are spot on, the focus is on racing not chrome rims.
The weather effects work really well and I can chose to run REAL race lengths if I want or tune the number of laps to my liking if I'm in a crunch for time not like the 3 lap last to first jokes that are Forza and to some degree GT6 races. AI is aggressive (maybe rarely too much so but that's more due to my refusal to give up lines than them being roid rage) You never get the feeling that AI are speeding up or slowing down to match your pace and let you win (Forza) nor are they on rails running around the track like a choo choo train (GT). They fight not only you but each other for positions and if you screw up it's up to you to make up the ground, they couldn't care less what you're up to.
When you make tuning changes the car responds to those changes predictably and the way they are supposed to not the wild (often backwards) broken effects found in other games and you don't get a win button using the wacko 0,0,0,100,100 settings you see in Forza and GT6.
Does PCars have some bugs to iron out, certainly. But even with those bugs I'd play Pcars over anything else on the market any day. It's a racing SIM or at least as close to a true sim as we've ever had on console. It's not shiny rims, chrome paint jobs and easy mode handling on a silver platter with a side of l33t drifting. It takes some effort and rewards that effort appropriately. But if you can't take the challenge then it's not for you.

Last edited:
The main thing for me at this point is that SMS does appear communicative and genuinely interested in correcting the problem.
Of course time will tell if that is just lip service, or sincerity accompanied by corrective action.
I'm in hopes it will be the latter.
Seriously? What do you based your opinions on? Ian Bell himself (Head of Studio) is posting on the new Official Project CARS forums, 147 posts since release, what else are you expecting?

Ian Bell: "Hi guys,

Rest assured we're listening to all valid issues and are already working away on fixes behind the scenes. We have a long tail of support and DLC planned and will put out patches when needed as soon as we've addressed the issues. This reads a bit like corporate bull but it's the truth."

Are you seeing more attention from game developers of other games (PD, I'm looking at you!).

swg
Other games overly dampen rapid direction changes so that ppl can be l33t and drift around corners with hulk gloves on. Pcars does not. Slides can be controlled it just takes a lot more controller finesse and a little luck. You still have to react quickly but you have to restrain that instinct to go full lock. :)
When I drive a car in real life, or a PC sim with my G25, I don't "accidentally" flail wildly at the wheel and go flying off the track because I overcorrected a small slide. I'm not interested in finessing the analog stick to avoid something that wouldn't happen naturally in real life. Countersteer isn't that hard -- the front tires self-align to help find the appropriate angle. Drifting with a controller shouldn't be any harder than that.

Hopefully the controller options in PCARS will allow me to set up something smooth that errs on the sluggish side. I prefer dampened input that allows me to flick back and forth to make small corrections.

Is there some video evidence of this steering lock problem? Does this happen in all cars or only in some of the race cars? I'd love to see a video of the wheels on the car getting stuck so this can be documented correctly. Has the developer mentioned the steering lock issue? Is this present on pretty much all Xbox One's? We need more evidence of this.

Lots of people complained about the DS4, but I found the game perfectly playable with it. I think that it's more about presumed notions that every car can be controlled easily with the controller, some cars are controlled fairly easy with the DS4 and others you have to pay respect to the car and understand it's steering which is locked to it's real world counter part so the steering on your controller will not be the same for any two cars. Think about jumping into a Ford Mustang and getting a feel for that and then hopping into a McLaren GT3, first thing you notice at a corner is how fast the steering input is compared to the Mustang. This is the approach of control in Project Cars, no one size fits all but you can adapt to it as I have for certain cars, but there is the option to tune it to fit the car. SMS's approach might alienate casuals as they are approached to one size fits all steering in games that automatically scale turn speed to some degree to match your controller as best it could. I like SMS's approach though, it opened my eyes that driving games are way too mainstream and therefore fooling folks about their ability in cars.

So Xbox One Project Car owners please give your feedback and if you have videos of the steering lock happening while playing. Speak up these guys are community based and it's better to give them as much information as possible so they can diagnose and formulate a cure for the issue.

When I drive a car in real life, or a PC sim with my G25, I don't "accidentally" flail wildly at the wheel and go flying off the track because I overcorrected a small slide. I'm not interested in finessing the analog stick to avoid something that wouldn't happen naturally in real life. Countersteer isn't that hard -- the front tires self-align to help find the appropriate angle. Drifting with a controller shouldn't be any harder than that.

Hopefully the controller options in PCARS will allow me to set up something smooth that errs on the sluggish side. I prefer dampened input that allows me to flick back and forth to make small corrections.
In real life you cant go lock to lock with 1 inch of movement. When lock to lock takes a thousandth of a second some degree of finesse is required. If thats too much to ask I think you can pick up a copy of an arcade racer like horizon pretty cheap because taking the need for finesse out of this game would be taking the sim out of this game. Maybe try something thats already in the right category.

Is there some video evidence of this steering lock problem? Does this happen in all cars or only in some of the race cars? I'd love to see a video of the wheels on the car getting stuck so this can be documented correctly. Has the developer mentioned the steering lock issue? Is this present on pretty much all Xbox One's? We need more evidence of this.

Lots of people complained about the DS4, but I found the game perfectly playable with it. I think that it's more about presumed notions that every car can be controlled easily with the controller, some cars are controlled fairly easy with the DS4 and others you have to pay respect to the car and understand it's steering which is locked to it's real world counter part so the steering on your controller will not be the same for any two cars. Think about jumping into a Ford Mustang and getting a feel for that and then hopping into a McLaren GT3, first thing you notice at a corner is how fast the steering input is compared to the Mustang. This is the approach of control in Project Cars, no one size fits all but you can adapt to it as I have for certain cars, but there is the option to tune it to fit the car. SMS's approach might alienate casuals as they are approached to one size fits all steering in games that automatically scale turn speed to some degree to match your controller as best it could. I like SMS's approach though, it opened my eyes that driving games are way too mainstream and therefore fooling folks about their ability in cars.

So Xbox One Project Car owners please give your feedback and if you have videos of the steering lock happening while playing. Speak up these guys are community based and it's better to give them as much information as possible so they can diagnose and formulate a cure for the issue.
The issue is already documented and has been addressed by the developer. Patch is already in the works. Highly recommend checking out the official pcars forums. You'll find a lot more useful information about bugs/fixes there. Here you'll just mostly find complaining in "problem" threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
swg
The issue is already documented and has been addressed by the developer. Patch is already in the works. Highly recommend checking out the official pcars forums. You'll find a lot more useful information about bugs/fixes there. Here you'll just mostly find complaining in "problem" threads.

At the moment I'm happy with the product but very upset at SMS with their handling of the Digital Edition of the games that was clearly stated on their site that simply buying would get you both car packs free, yet the U.S. version only came with the Limited Edition car pack and now they are saying that both packs only come with pre-order but in the U.S. they knew that they had no pre-order slot on PSN so there is no way anyone would have been able to pre order the digital edition at all, so clearly something is not right. It's only $1.99 but it's just that I was led to believe that both car packs would be included at no extra charge and that's not good. In fact to rectify this all PSN buyers should be given the modified car pack free of charge as per what was listed even up until U.S. launch of the game. Who is responsible for this, the PC Digital Edition comes with both packs do they not?

swg
In real life you cant go lock to lock with 1 inch of movement.
That's exactly why, to me, it's not realistic to play with steering that's so sensitive you end up overcorrecting easily. If you prefer it that way, great, but your attitude about input damping for "l33t drifting" is unnecessary.
swg
If thats too much to ask I think you can pick up a copy of an arcade racer like horizon pretty cheap.
I happen to enjoy racing games from all parts of the spectrum, from Mario Kart 8 to Live for Speed. I also find Forza Horizon to be truer to life than the first three Forza Motorsport games and every Gran Turismo game I've played (with give and take on different aspects). I don't look down upon it through sim-racer-elitist lenses just because it has a hokey dudebro theme.

Last edited:
swg
If thats too much to ask I think you can pick up a copy of an arcade racer like horizon pretty cheap because taking the need for finesse out of this game would be taking the sim out of this game. Maybe try something thats already in the right category.
I would suggest calming down a bit, because you don't yet know people on here and as such have no idea of what experience, preferences and history others have.

As such you can end up making passive aggressive digs like this, which are not only an unwise posting choice, but in this case also wide of the mark to a massive degree.

Oh and please stop double posting, I have merged some of them already, but if you continue to do it you will get a formal warning, we have an easy to use and functional multi-quote tool and full edit tools, please use them.

I would suggest calming down a bit, because you don't yet know people on here and as such have no idea of what experience, preferences and history others have.

As such you can end up making passive aggressive digs like this, which are not only an unwise posting choice, but in this case also wide of the mark to a massive degree.

Oh and please stop double posting, I have merged some of them already, but if you continue to do it you will get a formal warning, we have an easy to use and functional multi-quote tool and full edit tools, please use them.

Appologies if anything seemed over agressive. In my opinion nothing I've said has been any more agressive than the ranting and "this game sux" comments coming from the other side. And when someone says the words Horizon and realistic in the same sentence I certainly don't think I'm that far from the mark. Telling someone the game requires patience and that there are other options for an arcade is also not passive aggressive, its fact.

As for the double posting its ussually because I'm on a phone and by the time I've finished typing something up and hit post someone else has posted.

Last edited:
Well having a look on the community events on PS4 it seems that 4 out of the 5 active events have a DS4 user at the top of the leaderboard so I'd stick my neck out and say it's far from unplayable using the pad.

What I have noticed though when scrolling through them leaderboards is that certain cars and/or tracks seem to suit a wheel and some don't. The Renault Clio cup seems to be dominated by wheel users, the BMW M1 event quite the opposite.

swg
Appologies if anything seemed over agressive. In my opinion nothing I've said has been any more agressive than the ranting and "this game sux" comments coming from the other side. And when someone says the words Horizon and realistic in the same sentence
Except Wolfe didn't and as such you would do well to comment on what he actually said, not what you think he said.

swg
I certainly don't think I'm that far from the mark. Telling someone the game requires patience and that there are other options for an arcade is also not passive agressive, its fact. As for the double posting its ussually because I'm on a phone and by the time I've finished typing something up and hit post someone else has posted.
The device you use doesn't change the requirements of the AUP, please ensure you refrain from double posting in future.

I would not go as far to say this was unplayable with the default settings but it was incredibly sensitive which made it frustrating at times. At first I thought it was me being rusty with a pad after not having played with one since I got my G27 a few years back but after adjusting some of the settings it became a lot easier to be consistent. I'm happy enough with what it's like now for me to be hopeful and wait for Logitech support while I enjoy this game with the pad.

That's exactly why, to me, it's not realistic to play with steering that's so sensitive you end up overcorrecting easily. If you prefer it that way, great, but your attitude about input damping for "l33t drifting" is unnecessary.

I happen to enjoy racing games from all parts of the spectrum, from Mario Kart 8 to Live for Speed. I also find Forza Horizon to be truer to life than the first three Forza Motorsport games and every Gran Turismo game I've played (with give and take on different aspects). I don't look down upon it through sim-racer-elitist lenses just because it has a hokey dudebro theme.

At no point did I say there was something wrong with games with dampened controls that allow for easy (l33t) drifting nor with people wanting to play those games, the point is just that Pcars isn't that game. It's far more focused on sim racing and proper car control and physics. Expecting that kind of control is misplaced and there are plenty of other offerings the meet that criteria. I'm not looking down on anything thing "through sim-racer-elitist lenses just because it has a hokey dudebro theme" I'm looking at Pcars for what it is, a racing sim and expecting it to perform and behave appropriately for it.

It's not a "dudebro" drifting game and I don't think it should handle like one and there's nothing inappropriate about referring to handling characteristics in another game as allowing l33t drifting.
"Other games overly dampen rapid direction changes so that ppl can be l33t and drift around corners with hulk gloves on. Pcars does not."
At what point was that inappropriate or aimed at anyone?
"It's not shiny rims, chrome paint jobs and easy mode handling on a silver platter with a side of l33t drifting."
How bout that one? Was that aimed at a person or a description of a game? If it was an insult aimed towards someone I could see it being inappropriate, but read in context I'm fairly confident that it wasn't.

Last edited:
swg
While there are some recognized issue's such as the steering lock bug and the limited control range on xbox one there's nothing wrong with the games handling or controls that any demo or beta testing would fix. It has more options for control setup than pretty much anything ppl have tried before and as a result it's going to take some tweaking for each individual to really get it dialed in how they like it.

I do have to give them "A" for effort on the extensive control options.
Unfortunately, the bugs just serve to exacerbate a potentially lengthy feel out of all the adjustments, in an effort to suit one's handling taste.
Though it does appear there is a method to the madness, somewhere in here.

swg
Having gotten mine setup on tuesday I haven't had to touch control setup since other than to gradually decrease the speed sensitivity as I've grown more accustomed to the physics. People get something new, with a different handling feel and new physics they haven't seen on a console before and their first response is that it's broken. Give it time. This isn't mario kart... or forza horizon, same thing shinier graphics.

Having gone back to the drawing board so to speak, using the Escort mk1 1600 at Laguna Seca, I am incorporating varied combinations of adjustments and running practice laps.
I am beginning to see the point you are making.
It is a different brand of animal in many respects.

I am curious particularly if you are running XBone, what settings you are using?

Seriously? What do you based your opinions on? Ian Bell himself (Head of Studio) is posting on the new Official Project CARS forums, 147 posts since release, what else are you expecting?

Since SMS and PC at this point, are somewhat of an unknown quantity as to follow up,
I'm not sure what to expect.
Perhaps my comment is unfairly tainted with cynicism, given the general track record of most Devs with regard to buggy console games. But also given the fact this game was delayed several times over the last 5 months, and is still pretty buggy on XBone at least, I'm not overly confident in their abilities either.
Ian Bell: "Hi guys,

Rest assured we're listening to all valid issues and are already working away on fixes behind the scenes. We have a long tail of support and DLC planned and will put out patches when needed as soon as we've addressed the issues. This reads a bit like corporate bull but it's the truth."

I do not mean to imply I am not encouraged by Mr. Bell's attentiveness, I just hope he will be able to follow up in a relatively short time frame.

Are you seeing more attention from game developers of other games (PD, I'm looking at you!).

No I am not.

Having gone back to the drawing board so to speak, using the Escort mk1 1600 at Laguna Seca, I am incorporating varied combinations of adjustments and running practice laps.
I am beginning to see the point you are making.
It is a different brand of animal in many respects.

I am curious particularly if you are running XBone, what settings you are using?

I am on Xbox one. I assume you're talking about the core controller settings. I can PM them to you in a bit if you'd like. Though I make no claims towards them working any better for you than some of the settings others have shared on the threads. :) They are tailored to my habits after all.

Latest Posts

Back