Penalty Judgement Algorithm Update Notice

• Thread starter andreotibg
  • 18 comments
Bulgaria
Ruse
The penalty judgement algorithm for car collision during the online races of 'Gran Turismo Sport' will be updated to new rules following the scheduled maintenance planned for Wednesday 11 July.

The details of the update are as follow:

Affected Modes
 ・ 'Sport' mode (including Daily Races) and Lobby.

Changes
 ・ Players with Driver Rating (DR) 'A' or higher will no longer be judged under stricter collision criteria, but will be judged under the same criteria as for players with DR ratings lower than 'A';
 ・ Light contacts between cars will no longer result in penalties;
 ・ The amount of seconds issued for a Time Penalty will be lowered.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport!
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3035755.html

Finally! 👍

This doesn't matter when players still pass and then jump right in front, at the braking zone. This isn't F1 where, cars stop on a dime.

I'm at B/S and it's BS when I just got 2.5 seconds for a Megane RS Gr. 4 knucklehead doing just that. I'm fair every race. I go wide in turns, to go side by side. I stay on my line and don't block to not impede a driver that's got a run on me. Still, knuckleheads with no race craft.... We'll see tomorrow.

Will see how it goes. The issue however was not the harsh penalties, it was the judgement of who is at fault and the yoyo effect in the SR and DR systems as a result. Do you still get the hidden SR deductions for getting hit without penalties. Does it stay as easy to get back to SR.S in the daily C. Do you keep the huge point budget in daily C to afford dirty driving when you're at 99 already.

Instead of simply turning it off the system needs to look at the result of a contact. Pushing someone off the road should still be penalized no matter how little the bump is. Heck I've had people place their bumper on mine and simply not brake to push me off the road without a penalty.

THIS. This is what we have needed. I am all for the penalty system, but it is inexcusable to be giving out 10-second penalties for politely trading paint when turning into a corner.
Damn. Wish I had read about this update before entering the daily B today where I rubbed paint with a couple of drivers and got 15 seconds worth of penalties. I'd have gone into Wednesday with a healthy S/S but now down to S/B lol :(:(:(

If today is the start of the new penalty system I cant say it is better. For the second time in over 500 races I received a 10 second penalty but the difference is I am not sure why I got it this time. I did not rearend anyone or cause anyone to go off track, the only thing that happened near time of penalty was some slight side to side touching that did not affect either car.

Did anyone get a download notification for this penalty system update when turning on their PS4? I didn’t get anything today. I even did a manual check for an update and it’s still at Version 1.21, which is as of June 20.

Did anyone get a download notification for this penalty system update when turning on their PS4? I didn’t get anything today. I even did a manual check for an update and it’s still at Version 1.21, which is as of June 20.

Same here. No auto downloads and manual check didn't throw up anything either.

I believe it was implemented during the weekly maintenance.

Back