Photo GT5 prologue VS Forza 3 Demo

• Thread starter elaguila45
  • 1,004 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only real problem I see on Forza 3 is that it's a two years developed game. On one hand that's good because you have a fresh racing videogame soon, but on the other hand, probably, you'll have less level of detail and more bugs and glitches than others (I said probably, I don't know the final footage, only speaking based on my experience on Forza 2 and its desappearing tracks and other things).

When you play GT4 you feel and see the level of detail and stability of the game. Really rare see bugs. I expect the same on GT5.

Oh, and please, give me a replay mode on two players, split screen, in Forza 3, something I really enjoy on GT4 and miss on Forza 2.

The in-car view for Forza is horrible. And GT5P obviously looks better but Forza fans do have something to play and we still don't. GT5 will raise the bar even further.

I think the main thing here is the hardware limitation, not so much a limitation by the game developers themselves. I think Forza is doing all they can with what they got. Xbox will probably move to a gen 3 setup with bluray by 2012. I suspect GT5 will be the benchmark for Forza 4.

The only real problem I see on Forza 3 is that it's a two years developed game. On one hand that's good because you have a fresh racing videogame soon, but on the other hand, probably, you'll have less level of detail and more bugs and glitches than others (I said probably, I don't know the final footage, only speaking based on my experience on Forza 2 and its desappearing tracks and other things).

A lot of games are one a 2 year development cycle or less and they don't seem to have a problem. PD is just ridiculous in the amount of time they take to make a game, I'd rather have less detail and more instalments of the game. 2-3 years should be a decent amount of time to make a game. Hopefully GT6 will be out sooner due to not having to rework everything for the PS3.

sweet, ill make sure to send out a memo to PD, that they are one vent panel over.

If you are refering to the number of vents in the back of the R8 in GT5:P it's accurate since that is indeed the v8 model and the forza one is the v10 model so they differ.

A lot of games are one a 2 year development cycle or less and they don't seem to have a problem...

Yes and no. Let me use an example: Resistance 2 is a good shooter made in about two years, you play it, you enjoy it. On the other hand, we were desperate waiting Killzone 2, but its design, scenarios full of details, atmosphere, sound and gameplay are deeper and complex, isn't it?

That's what I mean.

Coming from a neutral gamer I always knew that GT5 would have much better graphics than Forza from the outset. I've played the Forza 3 demo to pieces and have to say that there is an improvement graphically over Forza 2.
From the screenshots and gameplay footage I have seen GT5 looks incredibly good, almost photo realistic in some shots. Forza 3 will be an incredibly fun game and I will buy it and play it to death. Polyphony have had to get to grips with the PS3, I'm sure we've all read how hard it is to produce games and how some games that are multi-platform have looked better on the 360.

It's so important to remember that racing sim graphics aren't everything, it's about how fun and rewarding a game is whilst at the same time maintaining a simulation feel. I play GTR evolution on my PC (which is low spec) and the graphics are not as good Forza 2 but it has been my main racing sim for over a year now.

A lot of games are one a 2 year development cycle or less and they don't seem to have a problem. PD is just ridiculous in the amount of time they take to make a game, I'd rather have less detail and more instalments of the game. 2-3 years should be a decent amount of time to make a game. Hopefully GT6 will be out sooner due to not having to rework everything for the PS3.

Kaz said they went back to the drawing board and built GT5 form scratch. Yes it took a long time but the next game will be here much sooner.

Now I know how they moddeled 400 cockpits in two years. Shoddy looking models.

They don't even have glass in the windows LOL

Err.. where is the glass in GT5/P ?? LOL..

But yes, the interior textures/lighting isn't top notch is it!..

It's better on some cars then others, but some of the race cars have suffered quite badly..

Oh well, it's a good job graphics aren't everything to a game..

There is no argument that GT5(P) looks a million times better than FM3, and nothing on the 360 will ever compete..but FM3 may still be a better overall game....Cant say since i havent played any of the forza games (Although if i had a few hundred quid spare i'd buy a 360 and forza 3 on release day)

Guys we all have to be realistic and we all know that forza 3 and gt5 will be the best racing simulation game in each console. It seems that forza 3 will have a better damage physics but we just have to see the final result AND THEN COMPARE. About graphics we all know gt5 will be better. And about the reality of the car handling: there is no more realistic game than gt5p.. of course u have to play gt5p in full simulation settings otherwise it doesnt make sence cause its not realistic. I'm not saying forza 3 wont be so good in the reality of the car handling than gt5 but if u drive the cars in gt5p in full simulation mode with a driving force gt or a g25 u will understand what i am saying.. i mean.. its like reality which nobody can improve..

You can see the tint of the glass in GT5P. have you even played it? LOL

OK, smarty pants, other then some 'tint', there is no glass..

NFS:Shift does have proper 'glass'... in contrast to that, neither of these games does 'glass' remotely properly from cockpit view.

Yes, there is no glass..

If you look at NFS:Shift, there are reflections in the 'glass', and it looks quite good.

In GT5/FM3, there is no glass effects what-so-ever.. (other then a pretend 'tint'?)

The glass tint (Which is actually real-world accurate to each specific model) is much better than nothing at all (Forza 3).

but if u drive the cars in gt5p in full simulation mode with a driving force gt or a g25 u will understand what i am saying.. i mean.. its like reality which nobody can improve..

Why is KY re-writing the Physics if it can't be improved?

Believe me, It's the steering wheel that makes it feel real, I'm sure the Turbo S used on FM3 will be more then comparable, hell even the MS Wheel feels a lot better this time out.

It still annoys me that Logitech/MS are not on good terms and that the G25/G27 cannot be used on the 360..

It looks like I'll have to rob a bank to make sure I can play FM3 and GT5 on the same decent wheel.

OK, smarty pants, other then some 'tint', there is no glass..

NFS:Shift does have proper 'glass'... in contrast to that, neither of these games does 'glass' remotely properly from cockpit view.

The F40 some super glass/perspex or whatever it is in GT5 Prologue.

Believe me, It's the steering wheel that makes it feel real, I'm sure the Turbo S used on FM3 will be more then comparable, hell even the MS Wheel feels a lot better this time out.

even with the controller by gt5p the cars handle like in real life.. its amazing what good job PD did.

look what I found in a forza forum :dunce: 👎

gt5p.png

forza3.png

unbenannt2kx.jpg

And now the real truth about Forza cars !

Menu

DSC06145.jpg

Ingame

DSC06151.jpg

The difference is that you're comparing an almost 2 year old preview\beta\prologue to a recently released full development, which makes me think that Forza is hurting.

There something about the cars, maybe the chase cam angle they use but they look warped, especially that California.

The promo pics and menu as pointed out, have like 2\3rds the polys of the in game versions, cutting corners anyone?

As far as interiors, GT's view is more closely related to the view you get when driving, you see your arms, and you're at a distance from the HUD, but in the forza pics it looks like some granny is driving, hunched forwards squinting.

After having seen Rte 246 in the 5 build, i can honestly say GT5's enviros are much better, but prologue lacks the gleam of FM3's, but the real race has yet to begin.

even with the controller gt5p is like reality. PD has made a very good job.

Why is KY re-writing the Physics if it can't be improved?

It still annoys me that Logitech/MS are not on good terms and that the G25/G27 cannot be used on the 360..

It looks like I'll have to rob a bank to make sure I can play FM3 and GT5 on the same decent wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back