[PITS]Project International Touring Series presented by SNAIL SundaysPS4 

• Thread starter Zii1993
  • 5,084 comments
So is this your new venture, I am certain more than one racer will inquire about price.

Beautiful @aerolite Very nice sir!

Not all the real men have a workshop at their disposal...
I built mine with scrap wood because that's what I could work with.

And I agree with @SGETI, if there's a dollar price on that, there will be a market for it.
If you make a formula seating version, I'll give you monies for it.

Thanks guys, and flip, ya know I'm just giving you guys the gears about the wood. I'm just fortunate that my trade and business requires the equipment that allows me to make just about anything I put my mind too. I'm always amazed at what others do with so little at their disposal!
I have thought seriously in the past about making sim rigs for both racing and flying, but in the end I have to look at what is viable, manufacturing and time costs versus returns, and the market demand and competition. Time is the biggest issue for me right now. I have built four rigs so far for me and some friends and that chewed up a serious amount of evenings!

True, a bit of market research would be in order, obviously, to determine what kind of pricing you would be able to do and what the demand would be.
Honestly, if I had the tools at my disposal, I'd make customs for whoever wanted. Because it would probably be hard to compete with the already established rigs that have everything already in place in terms of building, distribution, marketing, etc.
I'm going to look for a person that works with metal here to gauge what the price would be for a formula rig for me. I'll let you know what happens in terms of price. I'd love to build it myself, but I simply don't have the space and the tools for it, let alone the knowledge, so it would be a lot of wasted time and materials if I did it, plus the cost of the tools.

All my rig cost me was the $50 for the seat, the rest was material I had in stock. I also made all the locking tee's and the aluminum nuts that are welded onto the channel.
The materials would cost about $150 plus the hardware. Off the top of my head, if someone walked in and wanted one made like the one in the pic, it would be about $1200 Cdn. plus a seat. The multi adjustable pedal support was a lot of work! I could definitely make one cheaper though.

Here's one that I made for a flying buddy of mine. He brought me the seat from an old Accord he had and I made the base and attached it to an older aluminum rig I had done up for a DFGT. He has a T150 so it worked with his two pedal set.
The bottom 2 pics are the original I had made for the DFGT. The seat and base are now on my current rig.

IMG_2282.JPG
IMG_2283.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2182.JPG

Would any PITS drivers be interested in helping me test a one-make SuperKart series tonight? I have a format in mind (actually also in type) I'd like to try out with a group.

Concept:

250cc Superkarts
Open Tune
Realistic everything (including driver view)
Limited Practice (random track selection)
1 Hr. program

Basically, I'm looking to create something a bit different that demands no practice/prep (just some patience and focus on learning quickly)

Feedback would be greatly appreciated

Ok...you guys asked for it...

I am officially unveiling my RIG...

Custom chair (hand dragged over from the dinner table about 6ft to the right), hand made sewing table (I'm sure some one made it by hand many years ago). We have the proxy driver and the official fan seating where the American Girl doll "Lea" sits and watches intently.

IMG_1299.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG

"Infinitely On Demand" (and sometimes when I least demand it) adjustable G29 pedals. Using the latest "easy slide" tile floor high friction (less?) technology. So when you get rear ended, blame the pedals "adjusting" themselves.

IMG_1301.JPG

Another high dollar custom item...the amazing "in ear" wired technology headset mated to the latest DS4 handheld custom mapped (by the factory) controller.

IMG_1302.JPG

I would be remiss to exclude the custom designed and also using the latest "infinitely adjustable" technology, Drink Coaster!

I also will custom design and deliver this very same rig to anyone who wishes...operators are on call now!

IMG_1303.JPG

Custom chair (hand dragged over from the dinner table about 6ft to the right), hand made sewing table (I'm sure some one made it by hand many years ago). We have the proxy driver and the official fan seating where the American Girl doll "Lea" sits and watches intently.

View attachment 621015 View attachment 621016

"Infinitely On Demand" (and sometimes when I least demand it) adjustable G29 pedals. Using the latest "easy slide" tile floor high friction (less?) technology. So when you get rear ended, blame the pedals "adjusting" themselves.

View attachment 621017

Another high dollar custom item...the amazing "in ear" wired technology headset mated to the latest DS4 handheld custom mapped (by the factory) controller.

View attachment 621018

I would be remiss to exclude the custom designed and also using the latest "infinitely adjustable" technology, Drink Coaster!

I also will custom design and deliver this very same rig to anyone who wishes...operators are on call now!

View attachment 621019
Trade ya! As long as I get the doll and the bear!

View attachment 621015 View attachment 621016

View attachment 621017

View attachment 621018

View attachment 621019
Why is the driver not wearing his HANS device? That's against FIA rules, that is.

Hey guys. Glad to see you guys still turning laps. Hope all is well. I've actually thought about turning on the ps4 and trying out pcars again. Any new developments in the last year or so?

Good to see ya bud!

No, not really. They stopped developing quite some time ago.

Hey guys. Glad to see you guys still turning laps. Hope all is well. I've actually thought about turning on the ps4 and trying out pcars again. Any new developments in the last year or so?
It is amazing to hear from the famous Grimm!!! Gettin a lot of the originals back (hopefully) haha. Now we just need @brntguy

How's the forza series goin? I've seen a lot of brnts videos on YouTube. Lookin like some good tight racing over there. We've kinda found ways around a lot of the issues with this game if you're interested in hoppin in from time to time.

No more land mines, 100% connection, new easy to understand FFB settings, Bug free pit stops, tires that wear evenly, and, oh wait a minute this is a wish list, Nothing changed muched same old crap,

Hope you do make a return.

One more thing, I know you will appreciate and understand, GO PATRIOTS!!

Would any PITS drivers be interested in helping me test a one-make SuperKart series tonight? I have a format in mind (actually also in type) I'd like to try out with a group.

Concept:

250cc Superkarts
Open Tune
Realistic everything (including driver view)
Limited Practice (random track selection)
1 Hr. program

Basically, I'm looking to create something a bit different that demands no practice/prep (just some patience and focus on learning quickly)

Feedback would be greatly appreciated
When you thinkin bout gettin on?

It is amazing to hear from the famous Grimm!!! Gettin a lot of the originals back (hopefully) haha. Now we just need @brntguy

How's the forza series goin? I've seen a lot of brnts videos on YouTube. Lookin like some good tight racing over there. We've kinda found ways around a lot of the issues with this game if you're interested in hoppin in from time to time.
Things are going well. We were able to bring over RCS to FM6 and we are in our 15th season running 2 divisions with around 26-30 drivers each week. not the same as the old days but we still have some great races. I'll have to boot up pCars and give it a try and see if I can still get it to work. Been a long time since I even booted up the PS4.

Glad to see you guys still around. Perhaps I'll see you on the track soon.

Imola. Just did some practice laps. 145.079 hot lap best. Avg. was 145.4xx - 145.6xx. I had 50 L of fuel and was on Mediums. Can go over a second a lap faster with softs, however the tires last only a handful of laps.

I think there is still time to made. The chicane part, I am all over the place, over one curb, over both curbs, spinning out, going OB just when I thought I had the line correct. Will watch a few of you to get some better ideas as to a plan of attack.
Also the right hander before the chicane, in between gears, bouncing and spinning out, if not spinning out I am going wide and OB. what gear are you guys taking this turn in, 2 or 3rd. ?
My results were very similar although I think my race laps near the first half of the race will be closer to the 46-47 range.

I think there will be a lot of spinning and crashing. The curbs are brutal especially if you are on the gas.

Throttle control out of corners will be crucial.

Imola
12:00
X2 Time Progression
X4 Tire Wear
Weather: Clear
Manditory pit stop​

Below are the current Active Drivers with provisional entries into the Main Event. The below listed drivers (not listed in BOLD below) need to confirm their intent to race at Imola by replying in this topic (no later than 7:00 pm eastern on Wednesday) with a simple post that they plan to race this week (Example - I confirm). I will update the list accordingly.

If there are less than 16 drivers confirmed, we will not need KOQ this week and will open the Lobby to all drivers @ 8:30pm Eastern. If there are more than 16 confirmed drivers that week, we will implement the original KOQ process and only the top 10 Confirmed drivers will be locked in and all other drivers will need to go through KOQ as usual.

1. Joew - Confirmed
2. HazardLvL4 - Confirmed
3. Alex ONeill - Confirmed
4. Aerolite - Confirmed
5. Mike Lobban - Confirmed
6. Sgeti - Confirmed
7. Zii1993 - Confirmed
8. Vovick - Confirmed
9. @racer420
10 USERID_77a23 - Confirmed

@Harley Owen
yogi bear - Confirmed
@cheezzus
TomMang_68 - Confirmed
Swjaxson - Host

@Matthew Barry
@Fallen_log
@WSK96
@SilentProdigy
@vsfit
twitcher - not racing
@Whitey093

If I've missed you on the list please confirm and i will add you.

Last edited:
Imola
X2 Time Progression
X4 Tire Wear
Manditory pit stop​

Below are the current Active Drivers with provisional entries into the Main Event. The below listed drivers (not listed in BOLD below) need to confirm their intent to race at Imola by replying in this topic (no later than 7:00 pm eastern on Wednesday) with a simple post that they plan to race this week (Example - I confirm). I will update the list accordingly.

If there are less than 16 drivers confirmed, we will not need KOQ this week and will open the Lobby to all drivers @ 8:30pm Eastern. If there are more than 16 confirmed drivers that week, we will implement the original KOQ process and only the top 10 Confirmed drivers will be locked in and all other drivers will need to go through KOQ as usual.

1. @JoeW
2. @HazardLvL4
3. @Alex ONeill
4. @aerolite
5. @Mike Lobban
6. @SGETI
7. Zii1993 - Confirmed
8. @vovik05
9. @racer420
10 @USERID_77a23

@Harley Owen
@yogi bear
@cheezzus
@TomMang_68
Swjaxson - Host
@Matthew Barry
@Fallen_log
@WSK96
@SilentProdigy
@vsfit
@twitcher
@Whitey093

CoNfIrMeD

Imola
X2 Time Progression
X4 Tire Wear
Manditory pit stop​

1. @JoeW
3. @Alex ONeill
4. @aerolite
5. @Mike Lobban
6. @SGETI
7. Zii1993 - Confirmed
8. @vovik05
9. @racer420
10 @USERID_77a23

@Harley Owen
@yogi bear
@cheezzus
@TomMang_68
Swjaxson - Host
@Matthew Barry
@Fallen_log
@WSK96
@SilentProdigy
@vsfit
@twitcher
@Whitey093

The bear will be there

Imola
X2 Time Progression
X4 Tire Wear
Manditory pit stop​

1. @JoeW
3. @Alex ONeill
4. Aerolite - Confirmed
6. @SGETI
7. Zii1993 - Confirmed
8. @vovik05
9. @racer420
10 @USERID_77a23

@Harley Owen
yogi bear - Confirmed
@cheezzus
@TomMang_68
Swjaxson - Host
@Matthew Barry
@Fallen_log
@WSK96
@SilentProdigy
@vsfit
@twitcher
@Whitey093

Confirmed

Imola
X2 Time Progression
X4 Tire Wear
Manditory pit stop​

1. @JoeW
3. @Alex ONeill
4. Aerolite - Confirmed
6. @SGETI
7. Zii1993 - Confirmed
8. @vovik05
9. @racer420
10 @USERID_77a23

@Harley Owen
yogi bear - Confirmed
@cheezzus
@TomMang_68
Swjaxson - Host
@Matthew Barry
@Fallen_log
@WSK96
@SilentProdigy
@vsfit
@twitcher
@Whitey093

I'm in.

Latest Posts

Back