PLAYSEAT + Gran Turismo 5 McLaren F1 gameplay

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alienware_10
  • 11 comments
  • 3,777 views
Messages
77
Messages
Alienware_10
My new driving video, hope you enjoy it! =)

[YouTube]H0C5zESkUjY[/YouTube]
 
I'd want to drop the screen down a bit, but thats just me. ;)
 
That's exactly what I want to do when I get a PS3 and a G27. Running the McLaren F1 on Nurburgring with H-shifter, no aids and no HUD. I just love that car.
What tyres were you using? 6:53 seems way too fast for the McLaren F1. Great video, BTW.
 
Last edited:
That's exactly what I want to do when I get a PS3 and a G27. Running the McLaren F1 on Nurburgring with H-shifter, no aids and no HUD. I just love that car.
What tyres were you using? 6:53 seems way to faster for the McLaren F1. Great video, BTW.

Well, as on any normal track day I used Racing Hard tyres =)
 
Hey Alien, smooth driving mate.

Loving H-pat shifting & clutching with my G25 as well...I reckon engine & shifting sounds so much better...takes driving at the Ring to another level, cars so much more alive, and fun factor goes up a notch.

.....and yeah, nice racing socks:D....
 
Hah, thanks for the socks I guess, I've heard many compliments about it hahaha xD

I recently started driving with all the data turned off. I'm also using the interior view. Gives much better feeling.

But I still have the data turned on when racing for money. Of course.
 
Hah, thanks for the socks I guess, I've heard many compliments about it hahaha xD

I recently started driving with all the data turned off. I'm also using the interior view. Gives much better feeling.

But I still have the data turned on when racing for money. Of course.

My 'go faster' socks are black. Reckon they shave off at least a few seconds a lap at Nordschleife, and they are free to upgrade:dopey:

Same here...been doing the Nurburgring 4hr enduro with all HUDs off and bumper view....road feels closer (& more direct & feels faster, for me anyway). I'm still not comfortable with interior view. Had always used bumper view since GT1. With the HUD off, it is listening to engine sound for cues to shift gears.

Good lap time..might give the Maclaren F1 a try and see if I can get near your lap time. All parts stock? Racing hard tyres, Grip Reduction Level=Real, ABS=1, all other assists off?
 
Yes, I turned everything off, except for the ABS, which was set to 1. The car isn't modified in any way, just the tyres are Racing Hard.

I was going for realism in this video, but it still isn't completely realistic. As we know McLaren F1 doesn"t even have ABS :)
 
Just asking: the engine is revving pretty weird when you're shifting up. Sure you're not using too much clutch?
 
Just asking: the engine is revving pretty weird when you're shifting up. Sure you're not using too much clutch?

yes, that's because of the clutch.
 
Back