Votes: 55 20.6%
  • Step in the right direction, but rough around the edges

Votes: 113 42.3%
  • Major leap forward, but still missing something

Votes: 40 15.0%
  • Finally, now build on it

Votes: 33 12.4%

• Total voters
Many players are sticking to online lobbies as well. I have nearly 80 ‘followers’ in GT Sport and the vast majority just race in lobbies, never going to Sport Modes.

Yup, I posted the stat for this earlier in the thread. Of 720000 weekly users, only 133000 play sport (in that particular week). That means over 80% of the players in GT Sport do not play sport mode.

You would think special focus would be placed on getting the penalty system more bullet-proof instead of bullet-riddled. I get that people are having a good time being handed positions, but this should come from bad drivers getting their due. It seems more often than not, it's at the cost of someone innocent.

More severity in the damage system would have been better. When I've been damaged in the past, it's a nuisance at best.

I love the new penalty system! It has calmed down rammers. Now, even races in Tokyo became (90%) clean. In 5 races I got only ONE penalty, but it was my fault.

Some people think they are clean, but in reality they aren't and complain about the new system.
“I love the new penalty system.”

Says another driver who has not been affected by the harsh penalties doled out in A/S and S/S.

“Some people think they are clean, but in reality they aren't and complain about the new system.”

Some people think they are clean because they aren’t being screwed by the new system.

Stop making assumptions.

I love the new penalty system! It has calmed down rammers. Now, even races in Tokyo became (90%) clean. In 5 races I got only ONE penalty, but it was my fault.

Some people think they are clean, but in reality they aren't and complain about the new system.

there is a distinct difference between dirty and aggressive. sorry, I don't want to just follow other drivers and wait for them to make a mistake while the guy behind me is all over my rear trying to get around me. then he finally hits me or bumps me and we both get a penalty. that is not racing! not on dirt, not on go karts, not on oval track, not with legends, bandoleros, cup series or FIA.

I'm calling bull&*$! on this penalty system... it's so far from true FIA rules that it's a complete joke.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...play-gts-with-new-penalization-system.375408/

Link maybe handy for some here, although time and patience is required, which if you can't wait for longer than a lap for overtaking somebody, then you probably won't get past the first few paragraphs and the thread will be lost on you.

I'd love to see some of you in an organised league race. You wouldn't last past the first meeting if you drive by the "rules" some of you have set for yourselves.

Last edited:
The System is complete garbage for S/S players!

I got pushed off track from behind @ Monza T1 as the polesetter, ended up in the sand, lost countless places and got a penalty on top!

This is just ridiculous...maybe the system got better for players in other DR/SR Ratings but right now i feel like prey for the others. It doesn't matter if i did something wrong or not, one tiny little contact and boom, penalty!

Last edited:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...play-gts-with-new-penalization-system.375408/

Link maybe handy for some here, although time and patience is required, which if you can't wait for longer than a lap for overtaking somebody, then you probably won't get past the first few paragraphs and the thread will be lost on you.

bwahahahahahaha... what's funny about this is that even at S ratings, these guys still don't understand who owns the line when entering turns. GTS can't treat this game like these dudes are "professional drivers". which is what they're trying to do.

the algorithm obviously has not ability to judge intent, because if it did. The driver with the line who gets bumped, rammed, driven off course, or hits a car who is re-entering the course after spinning out... WOULD NOT GET PENALIZED.

Most people who are S rated understand the rules OBVIOUSLY... that's how they got the rating they have. What most S rated drivers don't understand is how they are penalized for the slightest tap and why they are asked to serve a penalty... mid lap instead of a black flag or a runoff throughout the race, like real FIA rules. That is where this whole system is a joke.

bwahahahahahaha... what's funny about this is that even at S ratings, these guys still don't understand who owns the line when entering turns. GTS can't treat this game like these dudes are "professional drivers". which is what they're trying to do.

the algorithm obviously has not ability to judge intent, because if it did. The driver with the line who gets bumped, rammed, driven off course, or hits a car who is re-entering the course after spinning out... WOULD NOT GET PENALIZED.

Most people who are S rated understand the rules OBVIOUSLY... that's how they got the rating they have. What most S rated drivers don't understand is how they are penalized for the slightest tap and why they are asked to serve a penalty... mid lap instead of a black flag or a runoff throughout the race, like real FIA rules. That is where this whole system is a joke.

Who is "these guys"?

The System is complete garbage for S/S players!

I got pushed off track from behind @ Monza T1 as the polesetter, ended up in the sand, lost countless places and got a penalty on top!

This is just ridiculous...maybe the system got better for players in other DR/SR Ratings but right now i feel like prey for the others. It doesn't matter if i did something wrong or not, one tiny little contact and boom, penalty!
I think that was the race I was in. I qualified 6th or something and 4 were taken out by penalties or going off in front and ended up winning. I also was side by side with some guy into T1. He turned in and touched my rear quarter very lightly (I didn't even notice it) and I got a 1s penalty for it.

I also had my first race I would describe as a "good race" since the update on the new track they added. The reason being I had never driven on the track and therefore was not confident enough to race properly anyway, so the timid penalty avoidance driving style was natural.

Nevertheless late in the race with worn tyres I bumped someone in front, not especially hard. Not sure if I was going too fast or they were going slow or just the angles or what as it was a fast sweeping corner. They didn't go off, just a bit wide and I waited for them and let them go and then I was slapped with a 10s penalty. After I had done my 10s penalty I noticed the guy I hit was still doing his penalty and ended up 2 places behind me. What a load of utter rubbish! Without the stupid penalty system he would have kept his place and our race would have continued but no that's not good enough for the overlord.

Needless to say, it's the same bull**** and last nights update did absolutely nothing to improve it.

I've been waiting for a game like this for years and when I finally get one it's ruined within 2 months and the rest of my PS+ I bought specially is going to be wasted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is "these guys"?

these guys = A/S drivers.

I personally don't mind a guy putting his nose in going into a turn. But he has to know when to brake and give up that position. Too many times I am bumped with over aggressive moves. The new system now penalizes me for holding my line that I clearly have.

I'm okay with incidental contact, I'm okay with aggressive moves. Just as long a it's not with ill or malicious intent. I'm not okay with getting penalized at the expense of foolish drivers.

these guys = A/S drivers.

I personally don't mind a guy putting his nose in going into a turn. But he has to know when to brake and give up that position. Too many times I am bumped with over aggressive moves. The new system now penalizes me for holding my line that I clearly have.

I'm okay with incidental contact, I'm okay with aggressive moves. Just as long a it's not with ill or malicious intent. I'm not okay with getting penalized at the expense of foolish drivers.

See, if I see someone over committing as I turn in I'll try and avoid contact. That was even the case pre patch. I would never hold my "right" line/apex and cause an avoidable accident. Yes it may have been "their" fault, but avoidance swings both ways.

Under the new system, in my experience, people are not trying these desperate moves anywhere near as often, but I'm also beginning to trust those around me because they also have to avoid contact and penalties and had great racing.

I've done this topic to death so I'll just leave it at there. I'm kinda burned out lol.

See, if I see someone over committing as I turn in I'll try and avoid contact. That was even the case pre patch. I would never hold my "right" line/apex and cause an avoidable accident. Yes it may have been "their" fault, but avoidance swings both ways.

Under the new system, in my experience, people are not trying these desperate moves anywhere near as often, but I'm also beginning to trust those around me because they also have to avoid contact and penalties and had great racing.

I've done this topic to death so I'll just leave it at there. I'm kinda burned out lol.

I agree with you, but I can't think of a single racing entity that penalizes a driver for the actions of another. Not one.

That is the absurdness of the update IMO.

I'm not giving up my line when the dude has his nose on my rear fender. That's not racing.

I agree with you, but I can't think of a single racing entity that penalizes a driver for the actions of another. Not one.

That is the absurdness of the update IMO.

I'm not giving up my line when the dude has his nose on my rear fender. That's not racing.

Then you will get a penalty. There are more corners and more laps to plan a re-pass. What you will lose in track position is far less than the penalty you will take. In my experience, people back out of the move if they won't make it. I've been shown more dummies than usual and not been pitted or nudged off apex since the new system, and that was happening a lot to me in the last few weeks of the old one. I'm also more confident in not being turned in on, because the other car would also incur a penalty should contact arise.

If taps from behind only penalised the car behind, people would start brake checking at apex. Just like gaming the SR with the old system. Give people an inch, and they'll take a mile.

Right, I truly am done now lol.

You will never be done we both know that ;)

I'd love to see some of you in an organised league race. You wouldn't last past the first meeting if you drive by the "rules" some of you have set for yourselves.
Brilliant remark !

Lol, im around organized, Nascar sanctioned racing almost 2 or 3 Saturdays a month from may 1st to end of October.

SK modifieds, late models, truck series, super mods and tour mods a few times. Many of these cars are the engine alone is upwards of $20k.

There is always going to be incidental contact that does not lead to penalties.

Just as there are guys who's bumpers are getting peppered on the front and back stretch because they're too slow.

There are times when drivers get sent to the back, but it's certainly not because of rubbing.

New system on GTS is too harsh in many aspects.

And if you take it a step further and read the FIA rules. You'll see the GTS penalty system is not only harsh, but unrealistic in not.just the penalties but the expectations.

There have been several occasions where I have finished a race, without penalty or incident, been advised that my clean race streak is now 1, but my SR rating has been neutral or reduced. What's that all about?

In one evening down from S to E sportsmanship rating.

And once in the bottom ranking, and competing on tracks like Monza, it's extremely difficult to have clean races.

At Monza last night on pole by a second guy in p2 gets a better start for some reason. I brake on the inside and get round first part of chicane leaving plenty of racing room run around outside of second part of the chicane leaving room still p2 guy still just drives into me like hes on a hot lap puts me out in the trap then resets me to the track and gives me 5 second penalty as I get up to speed and no longer a ghost get hit from behind and another 10 seconds added to the penalty wtf!

In one evening down from S to E sportsmanship rating.

And once in the bottom ranking, and competing on tracks like Monza, it's extremely difficult to have clean races.

same to me ... from A/S to B/C ... nice ... after what ive 3months achieved hard workin its gone by few races with new system ... jesus kaz ;) its racing against the system not the others ... not good really not good ... :boggled::bowdown::crazy::nervous::odd::ouch:👎

I just had my first race online since last week, 3rd sine the update.
FIA FT1500T-A Race.

What I found very interesting for this race is I was clearly the number 1 driver in the group and there was a clear 2nd guy.
I was A/S. One guy was B/S, then the rest of the field was a mixture of Speed C and D, Sportsmanship S, A, B, C, and D.
I found this unusual as I am used to just being with Speed S, A, B, Sportsmanship S
I did not see a single name I recognised. Normally I recognise at least 1/4 of the field for these FIA races.
I qualified in 1st by almost 1 second, and the B/S guy was 2nd, with another 0.5s to the next guy and so on. A grid of 18 all up separated by over 5 seconds which I have never seen in a FIA race before.
So the final race result was the same as the above qualification. I finished 7.5s ahead cleanly and did a lot of cruising in the race. 3rd was 22s behind. I lapped the 12th to 18th place cars and would have lapped a lot more if I actually raced hard.

What a boring race!!! I hope this is not what it is always like now and it was just car related.
Otherwise now the matching system is rubbish as well. It used to be so competitive beforehand.
The biggest disappointment was the measly 388 points I got for winning as the field was so weak. Normally I would get those sort of points for finishing mid pack + when I was up against S, A and B speed guys only.

Back